Skeptic Perk

Skeptic perk?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Have you take the Skeptic perk?

• Yes, I've already spent my 30K
    • Not yet, but I probably will.
    • Not yet, and I probably won't.
    • No, I'm not going to get it.
    • I'm afraid to (due to unknown future changes).
    • None of the above apply to me, I'll post below.

I liked it when it was easy to check #da.

Now it's too complicated.

I voted scared. If there was a box "I am seriously considering" I would have checked it.

I don't like the idea of having a RL charge for an in-game thing. It makes me nervous about the game. I'm really grateful to have a fun game to play. If you have to pay for a game thing in RL $ and no other option, it doesn't fit with an RPG. It takes away from the spirit of fun. So many players wouldn't be able to pay that, and it really makes a statement that not everyone would be equal. And the ability to be equal by working in the game is one reason I really like the game now.

Edited by Arin

When i harvest diamonds the other night i kept breaking picks. i got mad and bought 10picks with me - in one harvest i broke 5 picks! (i only have 700 emu) this is crazy! (shouldn't nmt keep picks from breaking so easy?)

iirc the Nmt perk dosent affect tools (hammers used for manu /picks needles ect..) but you might try the harvestors med, iirc that reduces the tool break rate for harvesting

I liked it when it was easy to check #da.

Now it's too complicated.

Why do you need the #da command we have these stones now, what so complicated abotu it? you buy a stone you click it...

I am afraid... Ha ha ha.

By the way how about some other skeptic variations.

Like Skeptic day. Skeptic stone/potion/ring to grant temporary astro immunity.

-Darky

So many players wouldn't be able to pay that, and it really makes a statement that not everyone would be equal. And the ability to be equal by working in the game is one reason I really like the game now.

:D ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS :omg: quote from ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell. :icon13: I, by the way, am like the donkey in the same story, to wit, quote "Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey".

I think it will be a good idea to have temporary enablers for skeptic and astrology.

Those skeptic can enjoy astrology with astro stone and beliver can be skeptic with skeptic stone.

Just a thought.

- Darky

I think it will be a good idea to have temporary enablers for skeptic and astrology.

Those skeptic can enjoy astrology with astro stone and beliver can be skeptic with skeptic stone.

Just a thought.

- Darky

I think Ent has already dismissed an idea like this as it allows players to pick and choose the good days

Just a thought.

- Darky

Lol, yeah, good idea!

And also make new chars start with 10 rostogol stones, and full dragon armor.

<quote> Lol, yeah, good idea!

And also make new chars start with 10 rostogol stones, and full dragon armor. </quote>

Well I do not see the bigger picture as Entropy does. So my idea was based on limited information that astrolgy is another new dimension of the game and may be just like nexus stome or other similar costly stones, there can be skeptic or astro stone. May be these can be even made by players for 5k or 10k worth or may be even 30k worth. Again just an idea not a freebee.

- Darky

That does make sense. but also we do have lots of stones that removes some of the negative effects.

It is the price you pay for negative effects vs price you pay for stone/potion.

But again it will make it way too easy for rich players.

- Darky

After some consideration, it seems to me that on average, the astrology system is beneficial to the average player. As it stands, characters of all walks of EL life can benefit by understanding and utilizing the "good" times for certain skills, the "average" times for others, and the "bad" times for obtaining resources to use up in better astrological times.

Players wishing to ignore the system entirely will average no worse off than before, and save 30k gc. There would be no need to take the skeptic perk.

The odd-ball characters who do not want EL life dictated by the stars have an opt-out for 30k.

I imagine there will be more enriched items made (by those players who intentionally produce more items in highly negative make rare periods), which may require very specific minor tweaks. The same would hold true if too many "rare" stones are found from players harvesting during increased harvest event times.

In conclusion, assuming the current information about astrology and the skeptic perk holds true (as promised), players are left with a well-informed, reasonable, and fair choice of what works best for themselves.

:devlish: make that 3, where are all the VOCAL astrology haters of weeks past. :devlish: ...vote!

worried that as soon as they take the perk Ent will make astrology better :D

Rotflmao, i never thought about it this way!

Of course i don´t want that perk, but i never thought of the possibility of astro changing for something even better, then i pity the poor bastards who took the perk ROTFLMAO.

Ent, this is one of the most interesting things added to the game, makes the game dinamic, and looking behind, it was a very static game, 45 attack was always 45 attack, now today your 45 may not be 45 tomorrow hehe.

I see it like CONDITION, that is like some days you wake up feeling powerfull, other days u feel like crap, you never feel the same do you?

People who play Pro Evolution Soccer might see things as i do lol, since in that game each player condition is random, it changes every game, so Ronaldinho won´t be able to run the entire field alone and score everytime... lol

Too much explanation, i think you people get what i´m saying...

I like astro, but i can understand when some players say it changed their lives, sometimes the power of astro is very noticeable, some of days i only stop harvesting when i cant´t carry anymore lol.

I had a strange day while mining titanium lol, i broke only 2 pickaxes, and only stopped 6 times because i got a serp stone (1st stop), enrichment stone (2nd stop), binding stone (3rd stop), and the other 3 stops where from MN exp blessings lol.

That was a really strange day lol.

Edited by Bahamut_Zero