Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gizz

cannot log in

My real life wife Killashandra received a message saying she was banned and neither Gizzmo nor Killashandra can log in. What is the reason for this?

Illegal multiplay.

Illegal guild storages, shared mules/alts, using each others chars as mules/alts, using hyperspace bags for illegal multi.

We were not aware that it is illegal to use a character as a guild storage. Any guild projects have been legal ones with no illegal multiplaying and we have never used hyperbags illegally.

Gizzmo

For starters:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34298

Also i saw the IP fights over your alts with other guild members, and I see the massive trades and I see the transfer of shared chars and items and supplies. Labeling it a guild project does not excuse using alts/mules/each other's characters/hyperspace bags to swap stuff around amongst alts and illegal "guild storages".

Once again, we were not aware that we were doing anything wrong as a guild. It makes things much easier when a separate character stores items for guild projects.

Are you telling me you want me to buy a guild storage bot to make this right? I have no problem with that.

Gizzmo

On behalf of my wife Killashandra and myself Gizzmo, I would like to apologize to all my guildies in Vero guild for all of their lost steel bars, ingredients and all the hard work they put into the project. All Vero was trying to do was build up the emu of our paid bot Bene. From the bottom of our hearts we have enjoyed the EL community. We are both long time players and consider EL our second home. We have spent our online game time giving of ourselves to both guildies and newcomers to the game. We have worked hard to make this game the best place it can be. Anyone who knows us knows that.

Gizzmo and Killashandra

Hmm so how does all the illegal multiplay between:

gizzmo, ebuleana, delbonita, corona, and killashandra help bene? Does trying to raise emu for a bot justify doing so any way possible? I find it incredible to believe that NOBODY in your guild ever read the game rules! Or did everybody feel they didn't apply because it was a guild project and you help people along the way too?

(and please note there are various ways to illegally multiplay, not ONLY the standard trade icon method).

I find this a bit insulting to all of the kind and generous people of EL who did manage to find the rules and obey them too. There are many.

First off Gizzmo no apologies are necessary to me! I have discussed this at length with Aislinn and probaly did more damage than good. I do believe her interest lies with fairness! My attempts to stand up for your character through my experiences with you in the game were perceived as justification for rules violations. That was not my intent. Unfortunatly Aislinn deals with hardened cheaters daily and people become names and numbers to her. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse (though I am guilty of not reading them thoroghly myself). My defense of you Doc and Killa was one of character and I tried to express that you weren't people that sat around developing schemes to cheat while you led a secret life. I will just have to trust that Aislinn is fair in resolving this. I do believe that her job is a tough one trying to sift through all the crap and determine the truth. But I also feel she had become calloused to the human element of the game based on our conversation. I do not envy her position and admire the fact she let me have my say.

Good Luck !

Edited by Ednovel

Thank you, Aislinn for guiding me to this post.

I would also like to apologize for any harm that was done during this guild project. We as a guild had no idea that what we were doing was wrong. We have a declared bot and were working on a guild project to make steel/hydro bars in hopes of raising his emu. I don't understand how this allowed us to have a gained benefit but, as the moderators of the game, you have the ultimate say in what has occurred. If there is any way that I can help resolve this issue whether by submitting logs or explaining further details. Please let me know.

Doc

5. Do not cheat.

Cheating in the game means using outdated or illegal clients, outdated or illegal unofficial map(.elm) files that have been altered from the official versions, unregistered and/or unapproved bots, macroing, automating, scripting, exploiting bugs, muling, or any other form of illegal multi-playing*.

To use a bot, it must be registered and approved; it must adhere to the rules of the client's license and all your code must be open source. If you find a bug in the game, you must tell the owners of Eternal Lands immediately.

*Illegal multi-playing means using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not. Illegal multi-playing includes but is not limited to: muling, deathbag sitting, pvp training, luring people to pk maps with one character while lying in wait with another. Also note that it is very difficult to be able to define each and every form of illegal multi-playing or cheating, so these matters will be reveiwed and punishments decided upon on a case by case basis.

1. NO same-owner IP trading. If caught, unless you can PROVE you are legitimate family/significant other, you WILL be punished. (This does not legitimize breaking the rest of these rules). Proof will be determined on a case by case basis. Abusing same IP trading and/or lying will result in severe consequences.

2. Middlemen are NOT allowed and do not make same IP trading legal between characters. (This includes getting somebody else to log on to one of your characters for the sole purpose of aquiring a different IP to make the trade)

3. Bag trading not allowed between same IP characters to bypass this rule.

4. We do not make exceptions for "well" leveled characters to be allowed to trade.

5. Owning multiple characters IS legal as long as they do not interact, and do not help each other.

6.Guild storages will be considered as bots, even if they are not run by a program. They must be declared and registered on the official list. They will follow all ingame rules AND all bot rules.

Gizz Doc and Shandra,

In my attempt to try to help this situation I have completely angered Aislinn. I will be leaving Vero and the game and apologize to you all if I affected your banishment.

Ed

Gizz Doc and Shandra,

In my attempt to try to help this situation I have completely angered Aislinn. I will be leaving Vero and the game and apologize to you all if I affected your banishment.

Ed

You accused me of taking your hyperspace bag. After attacking me for over an hour in pm, then taking a few half comments completely out of context, when by rights I should not have talked to you at all, since you were an uninvolved third party.

I asked you not accused you! Since you said one of the offenses was illegal hyperbag usage and we lost a big bag Friday. I thought it could have been punishment and a logical conclusion. I chose not to be involved with you any longer and would prefer you deal with the involved parties.

Ed, thanks for trying your hardest but please don't worry about it. I have talked with Aislinn many times over the past four years that I have played and I know that she is very intelligent and understanding. I am confident that through talks with Gizz, Shandra and I that we will be able to sort this mess out and come to a conclusion.

Thank you all for your support and know that we look forward to, hopefully, being back in the game soon with this all behind us. If that does not happen, we all appreciate the development of the game and watching the radical and fun changes that have made this game what it is today.

Doc

Aislinn,

I am a member of Vero and have known both Doc, Gizz, and Killy for several years now. I can assure you that they are solid players who would never willingly/knowingly break the rules.

I won't argue the exact issue, since I am not entirely aware what the case is, but I can certainly bear witness of their character.

I hope you will consider their previous record and the words of their friends. If the matter can be justified by paying back all that has been wrongfully traded I would be happy to oblige. Please consider this case carefully, as their absence would be a great blow to this game.

Thankyou,

LK

Gizz Doc and Shandra,

Ed

You accused me of taking your hyperspace bag. After attacking me for over an hour in pm, then taking a few half comments completely out of context, when by rights I should not have talked to you at all, since you were an uninvolved third party.

Feel free to post the log of our converstaion

Illegal multiplay.

Illegal guild storages, shared mules/alts, using each others chars as mules/alts, using hyperspace bags for illegal multi.

Can you please clarify this, Aislinn? Does this mean that several people cannot harvest and store in one hyperspace bag? This is what I understood their purpose to be. :D

Thankyou,

LK

Once again, Aislinn, I thank you for your quick responses to our questions.

I have been looking over the rules, specifically rule #5, and the part of the rule that I see that we have broken is this: 6.Guild storages will be considered as bots, even if they are not run by a program. They must be declared and registered on the official list. They will follow all ingame rules AND all bot rules.

We indeed used a character that served as a guild storage for a project that was not declared an official bot. Please keep in mind that both Gizz and I have played for many years and that the rules have thus changed to incorporate many sub rules to the main rules. I completely understand that this was our fault for being lazy and not keeping up with the fluidity of the sub rules as we have continued to play this game.

Please also keep in mind that many guilds use an extra character for the purpose of storing things such as an armory or bookkeeper for their guild. This is what we believed we were doing with this character. I am not trying to point out other guilds to use this as an excuse for why we did what we have done but I just wanted it to be acknowledged that this is a common guild process.

Our goal through this single character was to be able to centralize the process of this huge guild project that we were undertaking. Most of us play at different times of the day and so in order to know how close we were to our goal we set up this character to take all of the mass harvested ingredients and then we were going to dole them out to our guildies to be made into bars once the harvesting was done. All of our guild leaders had access to this character so that they could log on and accept the ingredients donated by guildies. This was our intention during this project that we were undertaking and I hope that you see that we didn't know we were violating rules by generating a centralized guild storage. Once again, I hope that you can see that we were just doing what many other guilds do to create a centralized system to the guild.

I hope that I have made myself clear in this matter. If you have any more questions, Aislinn, please feel free to ask away and I will try my utmost to explain the reasoning behind this situation.

Thanks so much,

Doc

I know what you were trying to do, but this was a highly publicized issue months ago, threads all over forums were going while everyone tried to understand the changes. Also I understand this guild storage character is the issue for yourself and possibly a few other guild members, but for the main focus of this thread, there were other alts and muling involved as well.

You also will find if you look through bans that the guilds that we have found doing this have been dealt with as well. It may be a common practise, but it is an illegal one and if we see a guild doing this, actions will be taken.

Again, we apologize and are very regretful that we had not stayed up to date with the fluidity of the sub rules and forum topics. That is our fault for not staying up to date with either and we ask for your forgiveness and understanding on this issue.

Gizz and Shandra are good friends of mine and with most of the EL community. I believe that it is a fairly well known fact in the EL community that they are married in real life and carry on that precious relationship in game. The bag muling and IP trading that you have seen occur is from when they are both hauling out a bag of ingredients that I have harvested or hauling in ingredients to make bars at a later date. I am sure there have been numerous instances of this that you have seen, especially over the past few weeks, as this bar project has continued. I hope that you understand this unique IP situation that they have and give the same grace that you have done to other IP families in the past.

If there are other instances that need to be sorted out I would love to continue this discussion on forums or in private PMs with you, Aislinn. Once again thank you for your patience in this matter and please accept our heartfelt apology.

Doc

Gizz and Shandra are good friends of mine and with most of the EL community. I believe that it is a fairly well known fact in the EL community that they are married in real life and carry on that precious relationship in game. The bag muling and IP trading that you have seen occur is from when they are both hauling out a bag of ingredients that I have harvested or hauling in ingredients to make bars at a later date. I am sure there have been numerous instances of this that you have seen, especially over the past few weeks, as this bar project has continued. I hope that you understand this unique IP situation that they have and give the same grace that you have done to other IP families in the past.

I really don't mean to be rude here but you don't see the logs. I am aware of the husband/wife relationship, I also know when something is not right. The MASSIVE muling has gone on since before january. As I pointed out, there is MORE to it than just an illegal guild storage character, or a husband and wife's trading. Please do not try to speak for them or the logs.