Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

Wood Logs.

My Idea:

Use either the Craft/Manu/Eng Skill to turn Wood Logs, (not the Branches cos they have a use already) into Wooden Handles. Which then could be turned into Pickaxes/Hammers/Axes. Handles are already used for the Iron-Tit Axes anyways, so thats not much of a problem. But I was thinking once we've made the Handdle, we could tur them into Pickaxes, or Hammers, using the Manu/Eng Skill. Something like this:

Hammer:

Required Level: 15 - As a example.

Required Knowledge: Iron Smelting/Molding (Or Any other Metal.) and Hammer Building.

Ings: 1 Wood Handle, 5 Iron Bars, 1 Hammer Mold. (For the metal part of the Hammer)

Food: 7 - Also, could be changed

Exp Given: 20

It's something I came up with to bring something of use for the Wood Logs, and add some more stuff to the Skills.

Comments / Suggestions?

- Chos

PS - I did search, and theres some similar stuff, but not the same.

I was thinking of that, although I can't imagine many 'makers' in EL having anti-social.

#Edit - Spelling.. lol.

Edited by Chosen

I like this idea.

I think it would be cool if you could use a plane to shape the handle or something. Maybe sell planes at Gen Stores for the antisocial aspect :)

It wasn't the Axes I was thinking, cos thats what they are used for anyways, I was thinking more of Hammers/Picks.. Also, nice idea about the 'plane' Nint, to keep the antisocial aspect.

It would rock if wooden handles were removed and planes were added to the gen stores. :happy:

Edit: And pick axes removed if it the could be engineered :icon13:

Edited by Nintenduh

It would be nice if all tools were moved under the engineering skill. (Mortar and Pestle stay under crafting because of their 'exceptional' ingredients, though.)

I'd love to be able to make these kinds of things, but what would we cut them with? New item:

Whittling Knife.

(levels, igns, exp, knowledge, food goes here)

Would be a good item :confused:

Well thought through idea...but the pick prices would have to be adjusted, and us harvesters may not like that idea...

5 iron bars(35 each)=175 GC

Picks currently cost 15 gc, so that price would have to be adjusted to adjoin with the price of iron bars/handles...

Then what will we be making Plane and Whittling Knife out of :P

More tool construction sounds good to me, but I'd try to keep them in general stores at the same prices. Although long-time players enjoy making more things, it shouldn't be a requirement to do so... though saving money by doing so should make it worthwhile.

I know that, the Ings I said are subject to change.

No i think the ings are great, imo the general store price for picks will have to change. sorry if you misunderstood me :icon13:

Ah, ok.

Well, Pickaxes are 15gc from NPC(?) So I don't see it would hurt if they went up to 25-40gc each, its still not alot. And I can see alot of people making them if they are makeable, just make your own Iron Bars which isn't too difficult.