Eternal Lands Official Forums
LilBear

Now that Astrology is implemented...

i worry a lot atm lol, i only have ubber good stuff :cry:

sometimes i got +9 def... i can go triple D chim then, ubber exp.

and when i have -7 attack and some acc less i go tsed on feros... so my training owns too :cry:

is that a bug or am i just damn lucky? :(

i worry a lot atm lol, i only have ubber good stuff :cry:

sometimes i got +9 def... i can go triple D chim then, ubber exp.

and when i have -7 attack and some acc less i go tsed on feros... so my training owns too :cry:

is that a bug or am i just damn lucky? :(

To me it looks more like you can calculate with the numbers and find a way to work with them.

i have been harving all day (afk on bq) with ~ -150 for the harvest events increase and didn't have a single event. (~4500 bq harvested)

What i also noticed that on the stats atm 2 signs happen to be there complete opposite. :(

i have been harving all day (afk on bq) with ~ -150 for the harvest events increase and didn't have a single event.

The same for me. At this point harvester med could add some event :cry:

After my day of pain yesterday, where I had harvesting events every 2 minutes on average, today was the complete opposite. I harvested about 12k Wormwood without one single incident, about 9 hours of straight harvesting which I only had to interrupt to eat and unload.

While I think it is assuring that things even out, I still think that the impact is too strong.

I would suggest that rather than changing the chance of getting an event have it alter the chance for the type of event.

As I understand it right now astrology simply increases or decreases the chance to have an event. After it is determined that you will have an event it's just normal selection (or appears to be). As many seem to be finding out, the increased (supposedly good) days result in almost constant interruptions to their harvesting and a fair amount of pain.

I suggest that the chance for an event happening remain the same, but that events are split into good and bad groupings. On a neutral (90) stance your chance of good or bad events are 50/50. As you move toward either the good end (0) or bad end (180) the chance of that type of event increases until it reaches approximately 66% with the chance of the opposite decreasing to roughly 33%.

But i was wondering.. it tends to swing with all attributes going bad or all of them going good.. Can't we have some good and some bad more often instead of full swings? At least people can't complain of having nothing to do then, they can work on some stuff while not doing stuff that their sign's are bad for

I'm guessing Ent took that into consideration, and has the system representing *actual* planet orbits. That means that as time passes, your bonuses will diverge from each other. Right now "the stars are aligned" for you. I think every sign will see that at some point, as the orbits of the planets are different, and their values all change in different increments.

Also, is it possible to add a general announcement in game when the month changes?

Why?

Because I was somehow under the impression that the horoscope would only change once a month. I have already figured out that it changes a lot more often, so that request is moot. I guess I had just not understood correctly.

Question:

Anyone knows what failure stands for and how to interpret it (e.g. what Failure: 6 means)

My training experience:

I train on cyclops (following more or less korrode's experiences) using moon med.

Yesterday i got Acc 5, Att 2, Def 1, Mag 5 so i went to train but changed moon med by unic med to adapt to the new stats.

Net result: 20K extra XP per hour (190K before astrology, 210k now), almost half restores needed (in long sessions means even more XP cos less time is spent refilling)

My thoughts on Astrology:

Overall i like it, adds a new dimension to the game.

- However, future stones to know own bonus may scrap it. They must be cheap enough so low level players can also benefit from them, and shouldn't require very high lvls and/or nexus to be made.

- A problem i detected is my bonus are either all positive (so i get benefit for anything i do) or all negative (i can do nothing). A little more dispersion is needed.

- Finally i completely disagree with the perk to opt out. If designers really thing is good for the game then go ahead with it, we (players) always complain with changes. Otherwise, just remove astrology for ALL players. I think is weird to have a perk to opt out from some aspect of the game. And it's clearly unfair to be able to opt out of some aspects and not of others. I for instance want a perk to opt out of PK :icon13: (can't PK and can't be PK'ed even on PK maps :P ). Actually, i guess that many more players will take that perk.

My 2 cents

I stay away for a week and all this happens :icon13:

I love this idea. I hope it will help make the game less of a grind and I would love the chance to be able to take on some things that are more difficult.

The stones will need to be expensive to prevent abuse. Everyone is having fun now that they can just calculate what they should do for the day, however if it was a full time thing then the suggestion to have the command give you a message would be more appropriate: "Today will be eventful". Otherwise it sets it up just to be another number to work into the calculations.

I love the idea of the perk to opt out of it. It would allow a choice. And should this feature become better in the future(or you find you are getting pwnd by some one you already calculated you should defeat) then well 'sorry you opted out', your remaining options are $500USD or start a new character. I would also think that the range of 50-100kgc will be more appropriate, at 100kgc it is only about 30 hours of Blue Lupine for a fairly low level character. I have no interest in taking the perk, as I said above I love this idea.

The stones will need to be expensive to prevent abuse.

I cant see any abuse because you will only see your own sign.

But Why should it be expansive ?? i don't think you will by a newspaper when its $20.

a stone will be used several times a day. so imho 100-200gc would be a fair price. And plz. make the required eng. lvl be ~30-40

- A problem i detected is my bonus are either all positive (so i get benefit for anything i do) or all negative (i can do nothing). A little more dispersion is needed.

My 2 cents

You can do something, just choose wisely what you do.

I pick harvesting for days that my star stats are low, it will cost less money if you break alot of stuff while fighting.

The stones will need to be expensive to prevent abuse.

I cant see any abuse because you will only see your own sign.

But Why should it be expansive ?? i don't think you will by a newspaper when its $20.

a stone will be used several times a day. so imho 100-200gc would be a fair price. And plz. make the required eng. lvl be ~30-40

some ppl train 16h a day... lets say they check twice every hour, means 32 x 200gc = 6,4k

to expensiv imo. make it 50gc or 100 or so :icon13:

Yeah they should be around 50-100gc, they don't give you shit, they just show you a number. It's not like it will unbalance the game if it is cheap. And as tempest is showing, if you use them often it's still expensive.

I think the original price(200-300gc) will be fine, even if some1 plays more than 10h its not like he has to check stats every 30 minutes lol.

He check them one time, than 2nd time in 1-2h and its enough, he can predict what stats he will have in next 10 or 20h, at least i can :P

<hint>

Check what stats some1 with sign1 has, and than find person with sign2 and look how much time it takes to change current stats of sign2 to current stats of sign1.

As soon as u know that, its pretty simple to work the system out, even w/o checking ur #da or using stones all the time :icon13:

mp

It's not clear from reading if you guys have read Entropy's blog about how the stones will work. You might want to take a look: http://eternal-lands.blogspot.com/ Specifically:

I am going to have an astrologer NPC that sells some special stones. One stone for each modifier. When used, they will provide information about that modifier (for example, if the current failure rate is high or low). Those stones will dissapear after each use, and they will cost probably around 100-200 GCs.
So 10 modifiers, each individually read with a one-use stone that costs 100-200 gc. I'm sure you can do the math.

First of all thank you for this idea.

I become to get used to adapt my gameplay to the changes.

For example, i was very reluctant to cooldown but it showed that it forced us to work our strategies.

Of course, i am one of the players which will take most benefits of astrology:

When i log in, my question is always: on which skill shall i work today?

I am a low fighter, dealing only whith white rabbits and wont go in pk game before 8 to 12 month.

As my human is 3, all i break is only a reason to work my manu or my craft.

If my a/d is lower, i go down to cyclops or even armed orcs.

My main concern shall be to optimise my days.

I begun to use often #da a day and will be very dependent of the knowledge.

I have then 2 suggestions:

1/ could you add a magic spell to know one's astro numbers?

2/ considering that the occasions of mixing and make enrich essences will be less often, could you augment the eme, efe and ele rates, please?

greymage

All in all, I think this whole astrology thing is a pointless money sink. I think time/effort should be spent on the building towns thing.

Well based on their disposable nature I agree that 100-200 gc does make them expensive.

I do not understand the argument that one would need to check every stat every time they want to decide what to do. 'I want to make FE today well lets see how is my Def doing.' just won't make sence.

My concern over abuse was about being able to 'know' the state of everything in game all the time. The astonomy system seems to be about adding randomness to the randomness rather than just about adding another layer of calculations. Being able to 'know' the state of everything just makes it about the spreadsheet and I already spend too much time on spreadsheets.

I think range of spells would nice. Including a low level hororscope for the user a higher level one for casting on others all the way upto a high level one that can give you the detail.

If it seems I am all for those of a really high level being able to have a high level of detail it is because I am. As the game is now by the time you get to those high levels I still find it a wonder that people play instead of just chat.

Edited by senkrad

I do not understand the argument that one would need to check every stat every time they want to decide what to do. 'I want to make FE today well lets see how is my Def doing.' just won't make sence.
You've got it backwards. The question people will be asking is: what CAN I do today? You'll then have to start checking stats until you find one, or a combination of them that are appropriate for some activity. If you get lucky and the first one you check is good, then you may be done (only 1 stone used). But on average, you'll probably end up checking several of them looking for something to do.

Of course you'd check the single attributes first (make rare and harvest) but then you'd have to check most of the rest of them to figure out if you can pvp/train/pk/whatever.

No need to use stones, just go harvest, if you don't get any harvest events are all fighting on neg.

So true, 10k coal, not a single event ;) . And everything is negative.

You've got it backwards. The question people will be asking is: what CAN I do today? You'll then have to start checking stats until you find one, or a combination of them that are appropriate for some activity. If you get lucky and the first one you check is good, then you may be done (only 1 stone used). But on average, you'll probably end up checking several of them looking for something to do.

Of course you'd check the single attributes first (make rare and harvest) but then you'd have to check most of the rest of them to figure out if you can pvp/train/pk/whatever.

people used to do w/e they wanted to do, now people have to revolve around negative affects making the game more strategic yes, but the lack of creative freedom makes it less fun imo, i would rather log on and say "what do I want to do today, NOT whats best for me to do today, so far everytime i log on and check ,my stats are well NOT good, i have yet to see some stats that made me say wow cool, as i expected so far more negative then good..sorry if this seems flame , that isnt my intention , im just posting how i feel as a direct result of the affect this system has had on my gaming experience....

Edited by mufossa

No need to use stones, just go harvest, if you don't get any harvest events are all fighting on neg.

So true, 10k coal, not a single event ;) . And everything is negative.

40k coal, and not 1 single stone =[

people used to do w/e they wanted to do, now people have to revolve around negative affects making the game more strategic yes, but the lack of creative freedom makes it less fun imo, i would rather log on and say "what do I want to do today, NOT whats best for me to do today, so far everytime i log on and check ,my stats are well NOT good, i have yet to see some stats that made me say wow cool, as i expected so far more negative then good..sorry if this seems flame , that isnt my intention , im just posting how i feel as a direct result of the affect this system has had on my gaming experience....

I couldn't agree more with that post. I don't even bother to look at my stts now because so far they have been 99% shit, 1% good. I don't bother training, I don't do anything now cos of this.

It just seems that to have the opt out perk is kind of admitting that it has a detrimental effect, when in fact....

1. Players work hard for their stats (not just fighters) and they deserve to play on the char with the stats the earned....

2. players play to have fun. in most cases (it is never all cases since we are all different) this is not welcomed and is ruining the fun of the game.

3. The perk to remove it is also a "you might get screwed." You can't win.. because if they see every1 take it

A. they might do something to make it give someone a severe advantage in a particular sckill one day since there is a 500$ fee to remove it a money player will happily pay

B. Even if greed is not the motivator out of spite it might be done too...

This should have never been impleented Just like the Darkness BUT there are Many yes men in the game and they wont leave or shut their mouths unfortunatelya nd it gives devs the wrong idea of what ppl like...

I would imageine someone worked very hard on this stupid idea and i assume thats the logic used when in any bad update they NEVER remove something bad they just make a undo/crappy fix like night vision goggles lol..

This makes the game less fun not more for atleast 9 out of 10 players u can deny deny deny all u want but maybe your just the 1 in 10 that lieks it ;) or maybe ur just a yes man too :)