Eternal Lands Official Forums
LilBear

Now that Astrology is implemented...

calm down.

ent just implement it the way u just said and forget about ppl bitching ...

if the perk is free to take and removable with gc that means all ppl have fair chance to remove it.

so astro has benefits/negative sides for everyone.

or just dont implement it, fair too ;)

Edited by Tempest

Do whatever you want, anything that has been said in this thread, doesnt seem to help anyway.

As stroker said, me 2 cents dont matter neither.

Lol, I like the idea of the perk.. O.o people who were bitching about the 500$ tag were people who either wont take the perk, or dont want others to take it. And the only reaosn I would take the perk is because my sign is only good when I'm sleeping, so when I'm awake I'd rather have normal stats, than - everything.

lol i knew this was going to happen as well, and to be honest i dont Blame Ent and im sure 99.9% of us would feel the same if people consistantly moaned about our work ( i know i would).

seriously people dont know when to stop complaining. should all realise when you are on to a winner but o well

why is everyone complaining?????? ..astrology is GREAT ;)

i supprort all the decisons of entropy and the dev team .........

BTW ..My ingame name is "Knuckles" feel free to conatct me there

Edited by mufossa

I love astrology, cant play without it.

I love training is different a little every day, makes the game more diverse.

I love afk harving without events too.

In gernal it just rocks.

Lol it's funny, if someone wants to stop something entering the game they should go pr0 bitching. \o/

No, that won't work. But when a lot of high level players complain about something THEY WANTED IMPLEMENTED, well, they lose that.

Note that the astorlogy will stay in the game, what won't stay is the perk that removes it.

Lol it's funny, if someone wants to stop something entering the game they should go pr0 bitching. \o/

No, that won't work. But when a lot of high level players complain about something THEY WANTED IMPLEMENTED, well, they lose that.

Note that the astorlogy will stay in the game, what won't stay is the perk that removes it.

i think this is best for everyone, lets teach them OLD high level players a lesson what do they know anyway ,if they dont like this system something must be wrong with them, mabye they will just quit like luciferx did ;)

Edited by mufossa

But when a lot of high level players complain about something THEY WANTED IMPLEMENTED, well, they lose that.

Only high lvl( top 50 or better) who complained was luciferx/mufossa(same ingame account as we see in Marwen's el forum siggy).

Noone else who complained is in top50 of a/d/oa at least( or maybe some of them use full privacy, who knows ;) ).

Several ppl said about how astro affects them, some top players( like Ambro or Ohmygod) said they r 50-50 with astro, it has some pro's and some con's for them, they were not against astrology and not against anti-astro perk.

If perk would be implemented some players would take it, some would not. Same like with all other perks, they r not good for every1.

mp

We didnt have anything.

?????

Astro was implemented, some people wernt happy, Ent decided to introduce a perk for those who wernt happy, people still moaned , Ent removed perk .

Am I the only one who understands this ?

Yes, let us teach them a lesson: When you get what you want, stop bitching, or you lose it.

yes i agree , i mean WTF were they thinking ,everyone had a spare 500$ to reinstate this perk in the event they decieded they liked it, i mean you were being too kind even giving them the option to take back this system in the event that they liked it..

My ingame name is "Knuckles" feel free to pm me there

lmao thats just hypercritical , you cant just say " its sux we hate it , get rid of it, give us a perk to remove it" but let us have the option to change are mind... if you dont know wether you will like it in the future then you obviously havent used it enough to decide either way yet so why moan now ? wait a few months

Well, obviously, I am not going to implement (or release, if it was already implemented), something that I don't really like AND something players who wanted it don't like as well. (emphasis mine)
I've re-read the entire 13 pages of this thread and I can't find a situation where someone who wanted the opt-out perk ALSO complained about it. Perhaps someone could point out some examples.

The only thing even close was LuciferX's concern that something might be changed in the future making the perk less desirable which would be a problem since the removal would be so expensive. He didn't word it very well, but it's a valid concern since things do change in the game making a previous configuration no longer as valid (the addition of perception being a good example, the error in documentation of the artificer perk being another). But that concern was not the same as a complaint about the perk.

Personally, I am distressed by the promise made to add something which is later retracted. Punishing many to teach a few people "a lesson" doesn't feel like proper justification.

I'd like to see a poll (again, as promised) to see how many people would take the perk. If it reaches the specified limit then follow through with the promised opt-out perk as described originally.

Astro was implemented, some people wernt happy, Ent decided to introduce a perk for those who wernt happy, people still moaned , Ent removed perk .

not really how it was... about a million negative flames appeared within a day of astrology being implemented, whereas astrology is designed to be good, albeit that there were improvements/corrections to be made.

to 'punish' the flamers for being so critical and unhelpful, not giving constructive feedback, ent wanted to set up a trap for them where they choose miss out on something (that will be) good, unless they pay $500

then everyone made a big fuss about the $500, which was never the point, so ent just dropped it cos they still didnt get it. people are starting to now though ;)

Well i cant say i blame Radu either, he did say he was working on a perk to get rid of it, and that it would cost no pickpoints, only 20-30kgc... and then people kept going on about how bad it was, so he got angry and decided not to implement it...

Right now i think complaining about this will only make things worse, and maybe if we dont complain about what we dont like about astrology (because i'm pretty sure radu knows exactly why some of us dont like it by now) and just ask him nicely to rethink about the perk, we may still get it.... as for myself i think its too late, and even though i would have taken the perk if it came, i guess i can still live with astronomy, since its not all that bad.

So please Ent, do not bother with the few people here who do not think before they posted or seem capable of saying all they think in one post, and reconsider putting in the perk for the rest of us who did not state our opinions here.

I understand Ent about being angry (the tone and words used by some people here have not been very appropiate...), what I really do not understand is the punishing of ALL players who would be interested in this perk for the actions of a FEW(2-3 I think).

I do think the game would be more complete with this perk implemented as everyone could play it the way he/she likes.

As always, thanks for your time.

leriam.

So far I've not given my opinion about astrology, so here it is.

I've gotten no chance to check its impact on fighting skills (just not something I do), but I have to say I like it. Few reasons, starting with harvesting funnier, up to more enriched items. The only concern I have is the need of checking my sign's features frequently with #da. I would love to see some kind of indicator in GUI that would summarise with colours or words the odds for random events.

In my opinion a very good addition to the game. Can't wait for have it fully implemented.

Anshar