Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bahamut_Zero

Enhanced Fighting System

I wanted a system like the one in final fantsy 7... u have a bar that fills up during fights, the filling rate is determined by your agility level, once full the bar lets u perform a action, use item, magic, strike or summon...

But to introduce this in el would mean many changes, new items to use during fight (some of the items have the same effects of some spells), an ending to that frenzy of having to click restore to heal, because u could only heal when your bar is ready, but then u cant attack couse u wasted a turn...

As u can see many stuff would have to change, many of my guildmates threatened me with a painfull death if i kept insisting on this idea...

So i will only suggest this:

Implement a new attribute (AGILITY)

This new attribute would improve your attack rate, this means that in a fight u could strike the opponent 2 times before he gets his chance to strike.(very simple example)

Armor and weapons would have an effect on your agility (powerfull armor should reduce agility, but leather armor wouldn´t affect your agility so much)

So players will have 2 ways to go, some will chose agility while others will choose power.

Using pickpoints u could raise agility or raise power

to prevent players from trying to get power and agility, every time u raise power it would require more pickpoints to raise just a point in agility, and vice versa.

Only see one problem here, attributes are are all linked, so many this would require a few changes in all attributes... depending on how it would be implemented.

This way even a weak player could land a few blows on a stronger player and at least last a few seconds before going to hunt rabbits in the elisian fields...

While some players have a lot of power and criticals the others have a higher attack ratio (doesnt mean all attacks would hit as that already is determined by other attributes)

So make your comments ppl, i know this is kind of incomplete, but i think i can get u ppl to understand what i m trying to say.

As far as I know, the current design of EL doesn't allow things to have variable speeds (which is also the reason why a different suggestion is knocked back each time someone suggests it), so it won't really work. You can, of course, still go for a high accuracy/dodge instead of higher damage per hit, but that's not new :)