Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wizzy

Summoning 2.0

Hi all. Not trying to start a flame. There are many post lately on summoning and here are a few obseravations and suggestions I have.

1) Mix all feature. Does not work with summoning. This would be very usefull as it stands. But I understand this would create too much lag.

2) You can not summon while fighting unless you use a stone. This "feature" is a little odd to me. It would seem to me if your in a fight, you might want to summon up a nice Artic Chimmy to help you. Yes you can summon it before the fight, but you never know exactly who and when you will be needing it to fight, and may not want to waste the ingredents.

3) Cool down on disengagement rings, for the above purpose, and for tiger effect is dangerously long. So the only option is to use summon stones.

4) Gypsum is very heavy, and a bit difficult to find. This is more of an annoyance then anything. Think we can all live with that.

5) NPC prices for stones are a bit cheap. takes profits away from the PRO summoners (I dont have this problem yet myself)

It would be nice to see summoning a bit more usefull. It might be worth while to look into a future release with the "old school" summoning revamped to a neocracy skill. Making summon stones for all creatures rabits, rats, to giants using different combinations of ores, minnereals, LE, srs etc. Perhaps with different creatures there could be different special effects. As there are with Tigers/bears/spiders. Gargolyes, perhaps, since made of stone, could increase break rate of being hit with metal wepons. I am well aware these suggestions would be extreamly hard to implement. It just seems to me to be very little reward for taking the time to level summoning to very high levels, as opposed to other PK skills.

Comments please

Jumpy

1) Mix all feature. Does not work with summoning. This would be very usefull as it stands. But I understand this would create too much lag.

*points to the suggestion made by vytukas*

*points to the suggestion made by vytukas*

and would be fine in summoning arenas which is what most people really want - (this is where I'm working on my Summoning RSi anyways :pinch: ) The summons take each other out so lag would never be that bad.

Also I agree with you on Point 2. I know this has been discussed before - even very recently but to me if I was in PK I'd want to be able to summon during the fight. Even if there were some restrictions around this like you'd have to be very high level (with the assumption that only a very skilled summoner could summon while fighting at the same time - or something like that).

Edited by neildog

Also I agree with you on Point 2. I know this has been discussed before - even very recently but to me if I was in PK I'd want to be able to summon during the fight. Even if there were some restrictions around this like you'd have to be very high level (with the assumption that only a very skilled summoner could summon while fighting at the same time - or something like that).

How about your opponent automatically scores a critical hit on you for every summoning attempt, after all you can't defend yourself while rummaging through your inventory looking for those spare animal parts :pinch:

Wow, on #2 I never knew that.. How lame.. I know what I WONT be doing.. Summon wasn't ever a high priority, but dang, no reason to level the skill imo now :)

I agree, summon (THE SKILL not the STONES), needs to be more useful somehow:(

It really is amazing what these characters can do while fighting...can fumble around for essies and cast spells, change armour (sorry mate, can you just get that back clasp? yep...right there...great, thanks...now where were we?), change weapons, exchange jewellery and other such things, but oh no...they cant summon anything while fighting

S.

I agree something seriously needs to be done with summoning... at the mo there is no reason/incentive to summon without stones apart from to train the skill!!

Basically from how things are going the advantages from summoning with a stone are better than summoning without a stone... so why keep natural summoning in the game? make all stones....

I don't want natural summoning taken out, but unless there are some changes what is the point in it?

I don't want natural summoning taken out, but unless there are some changes what is the point in it?

Fun maybe?