Eternal Lands Official Forums
Erstad

Eliminate storage chat window

This (autoselect storage) has been implemented nearly 1.5 years ago, 'auto close sto npc window' even earlier.

Both are options in the context menu of that dialog.

Wow... I guess I learnt also something new (and quite useful). And yes, I do believe it is somewhat hidden. While having it in the context menu is fine, it also belongs into the general settings; the latter is the place one usually looks for... well, settings.

The client has context menus nearly everywhere. Putting all those options into the main option-window would overload it and context-menus are a common way to add options to objects they affect.

An option affecting all dialogs belongs into the options-window for sure but an option that only affects one specific dialog?

@Sir_Odie: I see what you're trying to say, but in my opinion, that is insufficient justification. It could very easily be in both places. As for overloading: Just organize the settings better, if and where needed. Tabs, whitespace, section divisions, etc. etc.

Agree w/no storage chat window.

When I talk to a storage npc I do so because I want my st00f and I want it now. Not because I want to know how their life is.

LOL I totally agree!!!

@ Sir_Odie. great! heading to nearest storage NPC now to implement this.

(edit #2: works great. love it)

as for the bag issue - gatherer medallion solves this issue for me. as soon as I kill something it is automatically picked up for me.

Edited by GreyElf