Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
trollson

Storage quantity tooltip

Just noticed this, and can't recall/find it being mentioned before:

When you hover over entries in the Storage dialog, the quantity is shown as a tooltip. For me at least, this text is hidden by the mouse cursor.

It appears to align the centre-top of the text to the mouse position. It would be more useful to align the centre-bottom, as I expect most regular arrow mouse cursors point NW.

Being hidden sounds odd; for me the tooltip is sitting just above the cursor, not at all hidden.

Unfortunately, different size cursors are probably going to be in the next version of EL, so moving tooltips to below the cursor is trickier to calculate.

Ah, it depends on where the storage window is.

When its up against the top of the EL window, the tooltips are aligned below the mouse position, and are hidden by the cursor.

Move the storage window off the top of the EL window, even slightly, and the tooltips are placed above the mouse position.

This seems unnecessary to me, given the amount of border above the item slots. But maybe its a problem with other set-ups?

Anyway, there is a workaround, so its not a priority.

Well, I've found the problem, windows are allowed to be moved further than they get drawn. So the tooltips were actually in the correct place, the window was quietly moving itself (without fixing its location).

Eeenteresting.

I've fixed it in CVS now, thanks for letting us know :happy:

Erm, maybe one thing fixed, but another problem introduced: screeny
Well, phooey, how did I not see that? :happy: Well, should be (re)fixed in CVS now, thanks for pointing it out :D