Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MagpieLee

Football: English Premiership 07-08

atleast i could participate in the championship thread last year, now Leeds somehow ended up in League One >.< I'll go make my team now :(

Seems Tevez has gone to United on a 2 year loan deal. Will be nice to see Tevez play with a good team, rather than West Ham, lol. :( Hmmm, Smith for tha' Toon, not so good.. What use will Smith have in the Toon team, when they got 2 nice strikers as it is? 3 if you include Louqe (Spelling?) :D

United will win it again. After 3 wins in a row, we might let the other teams have a go. :)

Why is Man U so good?

Have look at this kid.

Such skilll at that age! It scary if you're not a fan! :D

Unlike last year, I will really play this game this year. But just like last year, I will take pride in having 3 Pool players on at all times. They are the ones picking the points anyways. Worse having 3 NUFC or Gunners on the side constantly not picking so many points !! Booyaahh!!

Anyways, NUFC will be the most improved team this season for sure. Anything under 6th place for NUFC will dissapoint me.

Yup.. its coming back to Anfield this year lads, enjoy :happy:

Whats coming back to Anfield? Drugs sex and Rock n roll? HA!

yeah Leeds got ****** up with a 15 pt deduction.

Alan Smith will play in the position Dyer used to. Obviously I think Dyer is a better player - he can turn the game. But Smith gives it his all when he played for Leeds and Man Utd. Dyer stopped played for NUFC back in Jan 07 so no loss there. We all knew he was going to leave anyway. I'm glad Owen stayed, even though he's injured with Joey.

I swear there is something in the water up here...we always get major injuries.

Tevez signed for ManUre and they are paying West Ham...thats screwed up because that inferred that the Spammers owned and fielded an Illegal and unregistered player, the FA will have to punish them again! lol

Btw, does anyone else here HATE defensive teams like Croatia and Greece? They make soccer so boring and ugly to watch, and they are not talented so to stand up to teams that are good they play defensively :(

Oi!

Have u seen any Croatia's national team's matches recently? After a long while they play good offensive soccer again (true...last few years wasn't so good but I guess we'll have to beat England again just to prove we're back :icon13: ) erm...remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RQ2qhCdYT0...ted&search= :w00t:

(shame he left Dinamo :( )

anyway I joined in the league (GO Everton! let's hope they don't get relegated)

Everton wont get relegated I think they'll be top half, like last season lol. Season starts tomorrow, looking foawrd to sundays matches, and to see what this £9,000,000 goalkeeper of Sunderlands will do, lol.

Bring it on! :icon13:

After Sat I had 8 points, then moved right up there on Sunday. I'll do well, just looking at what I could do to improve my team.

Rooney's out, but never had him anyways. Man U match was boring as hell, Newcastle top of the league, lol.

Not a bad start to the season.

If only I had stayed loyal to my heart and made Martins captain instead of that arse Ronaldo... Just proves past form is nothing to go by but then it is only gamesweek 1!

Come on the toon!!!

see Jehns Laihmen's <dunno how to spell it><arsenal goalkeeper>

mis-kick? that was classic :P

LOL neil I know what you mean. I should have followed my heart and kept Martins in the team AND made him my gaffer.

Oh well I've had an average start but I am going to come back at the second half of the season strongly. Its a marathon not a sprint ;)

PS: Lehman is a turdbiscuit

Spurs come good! Ya know, I considered having Jenas, Bent, and Malbronque in my team, but Im still content with just Jenas, but I admit that most my players wont be in action till tomoz ;)

EDIT: 6 mil for Mido! Score! And he did score for boro but idc :D

Edited by evilmangopie

On both my teams, all my players play tomorrow. :)

Ronaldo red card? No, stupid fucking ref, yellow for both if you ask me. :D

My Brit housemate tells me to tell y'all that Sunderland rules all!!

(this time really, for sure!)

Does that rate me a free pint?

Please? :D

I just had a real good gameweek, now joint with magpie and neil ;)

Spurs were real unlucky against Man U and I wont even go into the penalty :P. Berbatov played another grat game as did Chimbonda and Bale, finally some good fullbacks.

Mido scored again, but I think his form like come to a quick and painful end :P The premiership is going good now, even if the table is crazy :P But it is just a matter of time 'till the top teams sit comfortably at the top. I think Manu U, Chelsea and Liverpool will make the top three, but I cant really see where Arsenals goals are going to come, which could lead to some serious problems.

City shoulda beat Arsenal tbh.. ;)

#Edit - Spurs didn't deserve to win, although a draw maybe, no neither of them were penaltys IMO, and I do agree, Liverpool may have made the best signing of the summer with Torres. Intresting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Chosen