Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MagpieLee

Football: English Premiership 07-08

...and is bigger and better!

Talking points include:

New signings - Hargreaves, Torres, De Silva, etc etc.

New take overs - NUFC, Arsenal?

Outgoing players - Henry...end of an era?

The Tevez Saga.

Beckham going to LA Galaxy...£100million? Worth it?

Brazil winning the Copa Ameria...over their rivals.

I could go on and on...but before I do:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Make a team and join this league:

172562-38086

I will be supplying prizes at the end of the season. Last season was won by me - so none of you foolish punks got my uber Ros Stones.

NB: I am a Newcastle United fan.

#guild_info Nufc

:o

Going to be a intresting season for sure. Top 3 are sorted, not sure on positions.

Can't wait for kick-off! 11 Aug!

I made my team, too bad i'm kinda stuck when it's about english soccer players that don't play at Liverpool (since i'm not from england :laugh:), so my team might suck bad :laugh:

Yet another Liverpool fan. :laugh: (Not me ofcourse :laugh:)

Newcastle beat Celtic 4-1? If I was told correct. Man United look set to be winning the premiership again this season. Atleast I hope.. Rather than Chelski. :/

Edited by Chosen

Hey guys, here's the league so far:

Team Manager 
Lukes Eleven! Luke Alden 
The Dogz Neil Anderson 
FC Arsenal Jalal The Winner 
Lee's Dreamers Magpie Lee 
YNWA Per-Terje Gabrielsen 
Nottachance Julia Gabrielsen 
Scum United Martyn Ryan 
babaloogie jose cisneros 
Spars Karontos Dutch Canadian 
ManUTD4TW! stefan chamberlain 
Liverpool4ever Dennis Yeskz 
The Yeti's! Felix Allum 

The league has not started yet.

12 teams so far.

Kick off is at August 10th so please try and get your team in there before that date to ensure that you don't miss out points for the first week.

Common guys sign up! The more the merrior! Anyway did anybody watch the Liverpool v Portsmouth Asia cup match? Anyone else think Torres was quite important. Looks like he may need to "settle" in the Premiership just like Shevchenko and many other huge signings. And I still dont know why Spurs wasted their money on Bent, hes a good player, but we allready have enough strikers as it is.

Since i'm from Holland i can only give my opinion about Sheva after the match: feyenoord - Chelsea...

I must say, Sheva is really the worst striker ive ever seen (ok maybe a bit harsh)..

I saw him make A LOT of positioning mistakes, failed to score alone in front of the goalie etc. etc.

btw: i'm liverpool4ever in that subleague...

The thing is with so many "great" players (Mainly strikers) huge expectations are made but they end up just being a regular striker really. I remember Ronaldinho in the Champions League lost the ball every time he got it, which was very rarely because of bad faults. The best players are usually the ones that have not been expected to be amazing but put the effort in, and dont give up! (It's a bit like life in general :D)

Henry was always a good stricker, but now he wont be so good at Barca, I think, there'll be too much expectation on him over there.

Hoping Viduka will have a good start to the Season too, with Owen. Sure as hell think Ncastle shouldn't have sold Parker lol, bad idea. But they did get rid of BShrambles. :(

I don't think it got much to do with expectation, but more to do with huge paychecks, why try to put in all effort if ur allready sure of getting an enormous paycheck...

I know this sounds harsh again, but if i look at the Dutch national team, robben, v/d vaart, v. Nistelrooy, etc etc, they get big paychecks but when they play at the Dutch national team, they're the worst players on the field and those which started little became the best of the team...

Look at v. Persie ( maybe 1 of the main man at arsenal now? since Henry left) or look at the dutch player just been bought by blackburn, i guess it's the little guys people should buy, instead of givin so called wonderfull players, bigger paychecks then their used to, it just makes them play worse imo

Those guys are so arrogant (especially the dutch), and often its the people who aren't known and who are not getting huge paychecks who will be the most excited about playing. Thats why the U-21 Euro and the U-20 world cups are so exciting to watch (and not just in soccer either), they have the drive to win and to be known and it makes a much more beautiful game of soccer.

Btw, does anyone else here HATE defensive teams like Croatia and Greece? They make soccer so boring and ugly to watch, and they are not talented so to stand up to teams that are good they play defensively :wub:

It will be interesting to see how Owen Hargreaves plays, he did better than the English players for England in the world cup :(

Those guys are so arrogant (especially the dutch), and often its the people who aren't known and who are not getting huge paychecks who will be the most excited about playing. Thats why the U-21 Euro and the U-20 world cups are so exciting to watch (and not just in soccer either), they have the drive to win and to be known and it makes a much more beautiful game of soccer.

Btw, does anyone else here HATE defensive teams like Croatia and Greece? They make soccer so boring and ugly to watch, and they are not talented so to stand up to teams that are good they play defensively :D

It will be interesting to see how Owen Hargreaves plays, he did better than the English players for England in the world cup :P

I cant believe you used the S word :(

It's FOOTBALL :wub:

Damm those Americans/Canadians. :(

I don't see how it can be called 'soccer' lol, seems odd. I don't 'hate' defensive teams, cause every team plays like it at some point, but, I don't like to watch it, I like teams like Man-U, Barca, Real Madrid, who play attacking football. :wub:

put my team in :(

not that great a football fan but i still follow it and my cousin bla bla's all the time so i thought i'd have a go

:wub:

I think he is a wa**er and one slimy whatitface but I think I HAVE to put Ronaldo in my team??! It's not how much you like them its how many points they're gonna get you right...? :)

Ok i've fessed up my sins, now I need a wire brush and some detergent to clense my soul...

Ok, i'll give it a try. Never very lucky with things like this.

Irsis United FC

It's not how much you like them its how many points they're gonna get you right...? :)

Depends, I got a couple of players that I like, and like the way they play, but they might not get as many points as some of the top players. I admit, I like Roni, alot. So he was the first player I picked, but I've also got the Bolton GK, because I think he r r0x. :) And also got some Portsmouth defenders, and berbatov in stircker, with viduka, I aint gone for all out points, thats what my second team is for. :)

#Edit - Spelling.

#Edit2 - Second team, Roni, Lamps, Drogba, Roony, Essien & Carrick. lol :)

Edited by Chosen

Ok i don't want to decide which player will be in what team, but OMG ronaldo in ur team????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

But like i said, i don't want to decide for u :D lol

But OMG ronaldo in ur team?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yea, i know i'm repeating myself, but i just really DISLIKE (hate is a bit harsh i guess :)) that guy!

LOL :)

Why do you hate him? He is one of, if not the best midfeilder/attacker in the Premiership.

I've got a lot of players I don't like. But at the end of the day, its about points, performances, goals and assists. Thats why he is the best player in the Premiership