Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blodoks

Esperanto medallion

Like Heaven Spawner Medallion for Hellspawn perk, why not an Esperanto Medallion for Antisocial? :lurker:

An antisocial, wearing the med, can have a chance to talk with the npc and lose the med.

Edit: If you can't talk with the npc, before to try again, the med will have a cooldown of 15 minutes? 30?

Edited by Blodoks

I like it, but only if the cooldown is pretty long. And if it isn't high-level, there is room for potential abuse

It's a nice idea, for sure. :)

But I think it should be +10k Med. (Like the MoL) to stop everyone in EL taking the perk. (Most of the Fighters have it anyways.) And alot of the NPC stuff is more expensive than the Market anyways, so it's ok. The Cooldown idea would be cool, I think maybe 60 minutes CD would be good.

Chosen: The big thing with NPCs are those few you can harvest and sell to for a good profit, such as PL's Lupine Bush and Flower Shop, and the Titanium in Willowvine.

I'd say if you were to implement this, 10k would make a reasonable price, and each time you do an antisocial limited action with an NPC, you have that 5% chance to break the medallion.

Doesn't sound like much, but a 1/20 chance is risky, and I know I get healed alot by my MoL with those same odds!

Heres a forumula:

Esperanto Medallion:

Required Materials:

1 Seridium Bar

1 Enriched Magic Essence

10 FE's

Required Knowledge: Esperanto Medallion building

Required Nexus: 4 Artificial 3 Magic

Rec. Crafting Level: 45

Base experience given: 900

Food Subtracted: 30

With that formula they would be sold around 11k, IMO a reasonable price :hug:

When would you have the chance of breaking it?

When you click an NPC one time (and then do all the necessary sales/purchases) or everytime you try to sell/buy something?

My Charater is anti social. But I think a 1/20 chance is a bit too high. maybe 1 in 10. Would give crafters a good market. I would suggest 15K or more for the medalion. Higher break rate and no cool down. That way could be used to buy higher end items (like the odd new book that comes into game) but would be usless for buying pots from Mira. Things that take a lot more interation. I think both Fighters and Crafters would be happy with this Medalion. Good idea

how about add the chance to die and lose your whole inv?

The idea is very good.

Antisosial will help people to reach others that bought pps.

Also illegal multi will be reduced a bit. :blush:

Honestly, why don't remove the perk completely and take pps from people that bought it already. It woud reduce the illegal multiplaying as well. It's really not a good argument. Negative perks are called negative on purpose. They're not supposed to be a free source of pickpoints. This is the only reason I say it's not a good idea. Similar ideas were posted earlier.

You got antisocial you knew what you're doing. Live with it or reset.

@cho_yun

Not a bad idea, but... what would make you get rid off all your inventory before using an item? It wouldn't solve the problem at all... unless you mean a whole content of storage.

@Agis29

Your way of thinking is the best reason not to implement anything similar.

Edited by Anshar

how about add the chance to die and lose your whole inv?

Good idea. We can call it the SuckUp med and it would work like this..

You're Anti and you put on the medallion, thus quelling the bodily odors that give you this unfortunate perk in the first place. You go up to the NPC and, though he seems to make a bit of a face when you come near, the trade is still successful. The same goes with other NPCs, though some of them actually ask you "Do you smell something?" But by now, your medallion's perfume is wearing down, and the next NPC you meet, a discerning female, realizes the nature of your disguise. "Get out of my shop, you stinking spawn of a half-troll!" she yells. And with that, she whacks you on the head with a frying pan and loots your unconscious body.

I think it would be interesting if the medallion was made with 'perfume'.

Perfume

Mortar and Pestle

Good-smelling flowers (type 1)

Good-smelling flowers (type 2)

Good-smelling flowers (type 3)

And so on..

(I realize that this is a suggestion in itself, if the mods wish me to repost, I will.)

Honestly, why don't remove the perk completely and take pps from people that bought it already. It woud reduce the illegal multiplaying as well. It's really not a good argument. Negative perks are called negative on purpose. They're not supposed to be a free source of pickpoints. This is the only reason I say it's not a good idea. Similar ideas were posted earlier.

@cho_yun

Not a bad idea, but... what would make you get rid off all your inventory before using an item? It wouldn't solve the problem at all... unless you mean a whole content of storage.

@Agis29

Your way of thinking is the best reason not to implement anything similar.

Antisocial was a problem a long time ago. Antisocial is not a reason to reset anymore. You can buy anything from bots or with the help of your guildies.Yeti trainers dont need an npc at all.

Hellspawn isnt a free source of pps but there is allready the hs medallion.

Power hungry isnt a free source of pps but u can wear the ps cape.

Godless was a negative perk but at 123 oa that i am now its not so negative..and yes its free pps.

Personally with medalion or no medalion i wont take antisocial, at least not before 130 a/d.

I wouldnt have any problem if antisocial was removed btw.

Edited by agis29

draegox got the idea lol

@Anshar

when you die you lose 50% of items... while wearing the med the chance of item lost is 100%

the whole content of storage is just too over done

hey, that'd make people not want to wear the med while training

Getting off topic, but how do you see this working? Fair enough, you can take away a positive perk and give back the PP, but in all likelihood the PP from a neg are spent on attribs/nexues or pos perks. How would you take the points back?

Good idea. We can call it the SuckUp med and it would work like this..

oh pls make a hitler into KF so PK gets crowded again?

ffs 90% of all posts...and yes...including mine are bullshit.

this whole idea is bad imo, let anti perk be as it is, no med.

EDIT: maybe my idea isnt that bad... i bet if we place a hitler into KF with 1000 health many ppl will go there.... bah i drunk to much :)

Edited by Tempest