Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghandi

A change in Rostogol Stones

Since all the new wep's, armor's, crowns, etc... were released, pking has been changed drastically. Not only MUST you have them to compete, but you also must have a rosto to protect your valuable loot. Since rosto's are only 5 usd a pop, and many people buy them from the store, there has been an over-saturation. there are 2 solutions to this problem: either 1) stop selling them soo cheaply, or 2) change their spec's to give more people incentive to pk.

Option 2 is the better choice (in my eyes). I say that the rostogol stone (like the NMT perk and cloak) should reduce the chance to lose an item to 1/4 its origional chance. Since there is a 50% chance of loosing any given item, you would be reduced to 12.5%...

This means that there is a CHANCE that all your hard work training to be higher level's (or 40/40 a/d) will pay off SOMETIMES, as there is still a small chance you will even get a drop at all.

Tell me what you think, no flames :)...Only trying to helpz0r

-Ghandi

One of the reasons that people dont pk is that pk is expensive. That's why you see everybody and his dog pking during the non drop days. The cheaper the rostos are the best for the players and pk.

Even if the chances were 0,000001% to lose an item i wouldnt enter a pk arena wearing col and full titanium.

There is allready a map where rostos don't work at all and a special day.

Bad idea, as Agis said, people wouldn't risk the best stuff even if it's 2%.

What concerns rostos, many ideas have been suggested by players.

I can remember these:

• make rostos cheap at NPC, and make part of its cost to be dropped in cash upon death
  • convert rostos or make alternative rostos that protect only worn items
  • introduce some system of activating rostos, part of activation money/items could be dropped as well

Bad idea, as Agis said, people wouldn't risk the best stuff even if it's 2%.

What concerns rostos, many ideas have been suggested by players.

I can remember these:

• make rostos cheap at NPC, and make part of its cost to be dropped in cash upon death
  • convert rostos or make alternative rostos that protect only worn items
  • introduce some system of activating rostos, part of activation money/items could be dropped as well

Brilliant :)

Just curious as to why should we make them cheaper? The cost of pking? Simple... don't use the expenive armor...? If you wanna pwn at pking, what's so bad at doing it naked? That's if you don't wanna risk losing your items.

I don't know.. imo the rosto price is fair as is... People should have to spend something to protect their belongings, think of a rosto as insurance...

Just curious as to why should we make them cheaper? The cost of pking? Simple... don't use the expenive armor...? If you wanna pwn at pking, what's so bad at doing it naked? That's if you don't wanna risk losing your items.

I don't know.. imo the rosto price is fair as is... People should have to spend something to protect their belongings, think of a rosto as insurance...

Sounds like somebody who hate pkers

Sounds like someone who doesnt pk.

I don't hate pkers, nor do I PK, but that doesn't mean I don't use Rostos, they are not cunsumed by just pkers, you know.

If the rostos are lowered in price, it really defeats the purpose of having the good armor, for what I foresee (but I could be extremely wrong).

All I requested was WHY should they be lowered in value? I mean, you gotta give a reason... It probably wont be changed unless one is given... and a good one at that.. not just "We need more GC for more rostos."

I like the cash upon death idea though. At least the person who kills someone will be rewarded with something.

I agree with everyone above. Your idea (Ghandi's) is a to risky.

i am suprised Aislinn hasn't posted you to do a search b4 posting........

I PK naked a lot :-) but still have rosto in inv ... but I have rosto in inv 24/7 ...

and btw. search 1st, this was suggested many times and as radu said, it'll never hapens (or something like this)

I PK naked a lot :-) but still have rosto in inv ... but I have rosto in inv 24/7 ...

and btw. search 1st, this was suggested many times and as radu said, it'll never hapens (or something like this)

I don't know... I like fighting naked, just to "show off" and do it (whether it be a boar or not, we all start out low...), but still if I was gonna be a pker, I would want to show off, and I would do it naked. Thus, I would need no rostos, nor armor...

Although having a COL would be nice to have, but it still breaks, and I am not a very risky person. And this is what it boils down to... ME: Not risky. ME: fight naked ME: not lose anything.

But this is all my opinion, and probably not a good one.

Sorry to arouse you PKers, I just wanted to view your opinion on why should the rost be less "rare". :unsure:

EDITED; typos...

Edited by Lexi

fighting naked is fine but noone likes to fight if there not gonna get somthing in return. i usually wear iron legs just to get people to fight me. makes sense really

Exactly what im trying to say. If you REALLY want to pwn, you have to wear good armor and use good weapons...HOWEVER, with the current price of rosto's as low as they are, who wont spend the 15k to garuntee over 400k in items will be safe with them when they die to mine own hand :closedeyes:. So, now that theres a 12% risk that their items could drop, there will be more incentive to pk in less valuable stuff, not using a rosto. This leads to more players wanting to pk because there is a chance that either the iron cuisses a newb is wearing, or the Thermal Serp the dp pr0 is wearing could hit the floor when you pwn them. THINK ABOUT IT

-Ghandi

Exactly what im trying to say. If you REALLY want to pwn, you have to wear good armor and use good weapons...HOWEVER, with the current price of rosto's as low as they are, who wont spend the 15k to garuntee over 400k in items will be safe with them when they die to mine own hand :stare:. So, now that theres a 12% risk that their items could drop, there will be more incentive to pk in less valuable stuff, not using a rosto. This leads to more players wanting to pk because there is a chance that either the iron cuisses a newb is wearing, or the Thermal Serp the dp pr0 is wearing could hit the floor when you pwn them. THINK ABOUT IT

-Ghandi

Mate there is allready a pk map where rosto's dont work. A thermal serp costs 90$. None is fool to enter an arena without rosto and lose such a weapon .

And u may lose a rosto because u lagged,your client crashed or from a summoning party around you.

Buy a thermal first. After that we ll see if you insist to your suggestion.

Rot is open if you like to get items while pking. :closedeyes:

Because, pking should be a risk/reward sport. As in other games, were there is no rostogol stones, if you are brave enough to risk loosing your best items, you will get more kills and live longer. What is the fun of buying full titanium, a cutty, BoD, and CoL to pk with if all you get is a death message. If you do not want to wear your good stuff at 12%, too bad for you. You will get owned by people who are willing to take the riskl and, in the end, you may actually grow a pair and wear a col, cutty, and full steel or iron to pk with. I think this would boost the ammount of higher and lower level pkers in all of the arena's and be a great addition to the game.

@wolfgang72 who said anything about " a 0.000001 chance to save an item"? That would be rediculous...there would be almost no pkers willing to take that risk. Im just offering a suggestion to help boost pking across the board, low and higher levels.

Because, pking should be a risk/reward sport. As in other games, were there is no rostogol stones, if you are brave enough to risk loosing your best items, you will get more kills and live longer. What is the fun of buying full titanium, a cutty, BoD, and CoL to pk with if all you get is a death message. If you do not want to wear your good stuff at 12%, too bad for you. You will get owned by people who are willing to take the riskl and, in the end, you may actually grow a pair and wear a col, cutty, and full steel or iron to pk with. I think this would boost the ammount of higher and lower level pkers in all of the arena's and be a great addition to the game.

@wolfgang72 who said anything about " a 0.000001 chance to save an item"? That would be rediculous...there would be almost no pkers willing to take that risk. Im just offering a suggestion to help boost pking across the board, low and higher levels.

In other games you don't lose stuff

In other games you don't lose stuff

That's true, this is the first game I have played that you drop items opon dying:)

The way I see it, as this game is always evolving, rostogols are not just put in place to protect the fighters, however also to protect the whole economy. There would be no need for some one to develop Manufature skills above 30 if people would not buy the expensive armors and wepons for PK, Crafters would be out of buisness making Med of life, COL for PK. It may seem that if you drop these items there will be a higher demand, however most people that would drop these items would not risk them therefore killing the market completely. At level 30 Manu, crafting, alch and pot, you can make all the items needed for low level pk yourself, so team work would also deminsh rapidly. I thnk it was brought up before, might be nice if when a person loses rosto drops a Rostogol Fragment or something, and 10 of these put together will make a whole rosto.. But if not, take pleasure in pawning your enemeys and taking there rostogol, if not buy a branch and break there equipment. Or hang out in ROT in cheap gear and wait for someone who enjoys this style of PK to come. There are options.

Slightly off topic but still to do with rosto's

Idea thats been going round in my head..

Binding Rosto's to an item

1 rosto would only save the item it is bound to.how would you bind a rosto ? can be anything as simple as putting rosto into the mix window with the item it is to be bound to(binding stone optional) and clicking mix.. (small % to fail but only rosto is lost not the item)

ie:

player A wants to protect his titanium plate..so he binds this to a rosto stone

If he wants to protect his greaves and col as well etc then these must be bound seperate.

so player A protecting COL, tit plate,greaves,cuisses and nmt cape would need 5 rostos

OMG :) thats TO expensive..

Well no because the bound stones would protect an item until that item is degraded ( so in theory forever is possible but doudt it )

once an item is degraded it is unbound (rosto lost) and can be dropped as normal.

IMO the would increase drops for pkers, because no one is going to bind there whole inv..not worth it for SRS,He's, Mirror capes etc

So many of these recommendations are to make the game a harvesting event.

Regardless of what micro econ model that may apply in scenario A, etc..

When is just comes down to: having someone to fight.

That is why no drop days are enjoyable.

If rostos were cheaper and drop a gc prize (perhaps a random item joker like?) the we

may see days with fighter numbers like no drop days. (speculation entirely)

The point is about risk, IRL we take risks yes, but with insurance. Rostogols are prepaid insurance,

removing around 15-16k gc from my supply each foolish move I make.

With additions to the Reward system like: RoT oldschool pk, PK points, etc. Things will only get more interesting.

Vytukas post to me, hits the mark. Make the insurance cheaper and still give a reward when the rosto poofs.