Eternal Lands Official Forums
geritt

"Market" value of EFE?

5k, give me a break....

I'm open to flames, smart-ass responses, lectures on Market 101, etc. Will especially be interested in your intelligent, straight forward answers.

Edited by geritt

'Tis true. It is no longer practical to make Iron plate items or titanium chain, as these sell for less than the cost of the EFE(s) they consume.

'Tis true. It is no longer practical to make Iron plate items or titanium chain, as these sell for less than the cost of the EFE(s) they consume.
Well, it depends on the items...

The iron plate parts can only be manufactured or bought from the shop so they still are linked to the price of EFEs.

In case of the titanium chain, as it's a drop, it doesn't worth making them anymore with the actual price of EFEs.

But to be back on topic, I generally buy EFEs for 5kgc which I estimate to be a good price but it's still going up... :wacko:

IMO, the reason is that there's more and more demand with some buyers who are always ready to buy them for a better price than the others... and some bots already buy them for 5kgc so they also fix a "minimum" price...

EDIT: typos

Edited by Schmurk

They were 6-7k in the past, even when they were only used for iron armor. I bet they will come back to that price.

6-7k?

When i started playing EL they were 8k

Even some bots buy efe for 5k each and as you look at some high-end stuff prices like steel armors u can notice its price raised a little. So i guess those efes are used to make that kind of stuff. If your manu is too low for that u have to make those leather thingies over and over again :/.

Efes were 3-3,5k each before Ent decided there's too many of them and decreased rate. Then artificer perk was removed but people complained a lot so we got arti cape - not worth 400k and human 10 imho. But the efe price seems to be stable at 5k gc isn't it?

5k, give me a break....

I'm open to flames, smart-ass responses, lectures on Market 101, etc. Will especially be interested in your intelligent, straight forward answers.

well i can tell you basicically why its at its current cost.......first off 2$ in El shop second from what i hear they are pretty rare to make , i often hear people complain that they made 10k fe w/o an efe (im not sure if ent changed rate or not) so basically combine $ cost w/ the rareity and supply and demand and their you have it, i would say supply and demand are main cause

you asked for it geritt....

First off, any price for efe is fine provided the buyers of an end product are willing to pay at least the sum of the ingredients to make said end product, in my opinion. Setting the price higher to cover for the cost of fails and adding a small amount to that for a profit is not unreasonable in my opinion. With that said, some people will always undercut to make a sale. They will make part of the needed ingredients themselves and not charge a premium on their time spent to harv/alch the components they made just to make that sale. Then when someone that buys all their ingredients and tries to sell for even what their cost was, market doesn't respond in like because so-and-so sells for less. As a result, some people no longer make lower end training gear and opt to only make steel/titanium plates. We still lose gc on those sales, but get more xp and have the chance to make rares that sell for far more.

With an efe, if you don't have an enrichement stone, you can't just sit and make it. You can try and eventually get one from making fe's, but that's random when you get one. With artif cape, I've made 10/84,566 so 1/8457. On a good day, I can go through 10 or more efe's so that isn't a viable option for me. Enrichment stones are limited to how many people find while harvesting and while they do cost a bit less than an efe, they are not plentiful on market.

Hoarders. There are some people that hold onto things that they may someday be able to use themselves. Not too much of a problem unless they don't ever use them or sell them and they just sit there. That leaves them in the game, but they aren't being used at all. I try and stock about 40 efe's at all times, but I use them frequently and have even run out several times when I was selling armor faster than I could replenish stocks.

Since you can't calculate exactly when you will make an efe or predict how many will be needed the price raises because people are getting low on stock and want to have them available for use. As the chance to make efe lowers, like it is now I think, the price raises because of supply and demand. There are less available but in most cases the demand stays the same.

At times on market, I see people offering more than 5k for efe's. As long as armor prices raise in a similar fashion, no problem, but does that ever happen? :D

I probably missed a point or two, but you get the idea.

I have been having a fairly difficult time puttng all the parts of an iron plate suit, the prices are either too high or just can't find the largest 3 pieces in stock.

Rostogol stones cost $4 in bulk. As long as the $ to gc rate stays more or less the same, the input from harvesting does not influence the price which is about 16k. Let's state that 4k gc equals $1. This might or might not be true anymore at the time of writing but I think it's pretty close.

ELE should cost about maximum 3.5k each to match this $ to gc rate. Since EFE are twice as expensive in shop, their price should be maximum 7k. Like EME as well.

I say maximum, because it is possible that the market is saturated by items from inside the game. Until their in-game price reaches the 7k barrier, buying EFE from shop will be worse than buying ELE, for money conversion. Once the price is over 7k, it will be pushed towards the 7k barrier no matter how rare the drops are.

The only thing that controls EFE value below this barrier is supply and demand, and psychological barriers like 5k.

Of course, if you offer say 40 enriched essenses, you might make more money than in single sale because none of us likes to scramble from town to town to buy ones and twos.

Edited by sithicus

I just checked yesterday the quantity of some items in the game.

In the mid March, we had about 15K EFEs, now we have close to 13K (so 2K of them got out of the game, which had to do with reducing their chance).

The biggest problem, IMO, is the hoarders. Some people have tons of them, like over 50, and until those people sell or use them, their value will be high.

I would also like to point out that in the past we used to sell a lot of EFEs from the shop (was the main item we sold). Now we sell MUCH less (people don't buy them), the rostos being the most sold item currently.

Now, rostos are more efficient in converting $ to GC, because they provide close to 4Kgc for 1 USD.

However, EFEs, even though they provide less than that, are easier to sell (usually people will buy them in bulk).

I just checked yesterday the quantity of some items in the game.

In the mid March, we had about 15K EFEs, now we have close to 13K (so 2K of them got out of the game, which had to do with reducing their chance).

The biggest problem, IMO, is the hoarders. Some people have tons of them, like over 50, and until those people sell or use them, their value will be high.

I would also like to point out that in the past we used to sell a lot of EFEs from the shop (was the main item we sold). Now we sell MUCH less (people don't buy them), the rostos being the most sold item currently.

Now, rostos are more efficient in converting $ to GC, because they provide close to 4Kgc for 1 USD.

However, EFEs, even though they provide less than that, are easier to sell (usually people will buy them in bulk).

13k as in 13,000 wow i would never fathomed such a number thats a lot of efe

Yes, it is, which is why I am reluctant to increase their rate again.

I want to get them under 10K before I do it.

BTW, it just occurred to me that there are some discrepancies with the statistics database, so the number might be slightly lower.

I'll let you know the exact number once we fix this problem.

Just curious, but are the EFE that you're counting held by active players/accounts? That is, have the accounts been logged into recently (last month or two)? This of course assumes that you don't mind us knowing.

I suspect that you've already considered that, but it's just a curiosity.

you asked for it geritt....

Hoarders. There are some people that hold onto things that they may someday be able to use themselves. Not too much of a problem unless they don't ever use them or sell them and they just sit there. That leaves them in the game, but they aren't being used at all. I try and stock about 40 efe's at all times, but I use them frequently and have even run out several times when I was selling armor faster than I could replenish stocks.

I'm one of them - never or rare sell enriched essences or stones.

As far as I remember have I 24 EFEs, 38 enrichment stones, 18 binding stones, 180 serp stones and 32 rosts in my storage.

And I don't want to sell.

Reasons :

Prices are usually going up, which mean I get richer and richer. Serp stones used to be almost worthless sell for 2k ? now. If I had sold cheap and bought later would I loose gc. And with new items in game will prices go up.

I might need them later. I don't manu a lot but as the market channel is now, is it a pain to buy here.

And very many bots to pm for inv. Sometimes is it impossible to find what I look for.

So I keep the rare items in my storage, sell only what I can make.

I buy if I find cheap EFEs and rosts.

Why have a lots of gc in storage if you can't buy what you need ?

And, yes I think it's a problem.

Edited by Zamirah

EFE: http://www.el-cel.com/info/items.php?Det=210

vs

EWE: http://www.el-cel.com/info/items.php?Det=212

Look at the two links. See the huge difference in number of items that can be created with these two different enriched essences? Note the difference in request for finished good between these two enriched essences?

I just got a small note to make on the fact that it's hard to make iron armor pieces with the efe being ~5kgc...

It is very known that most of the high manuers buy fe's, this causes u to not make efe's urself (by making fe's), if the manuers would make their own fe's, they can use the efe's they make for iron armor and use the efe's they buy for high armor....

I also read the thread bout the vial mold that needs a efe to make, i used to make a lot of fe's and guess i made around 35 efe's doing this (some also made with enrich stones)...

But i also do think that the efe price is too high, but making ur own fe's would get u some efe's for sure, not much and it is indeed a big time spender, but still, the amount of efe's in ur sto doesn't have to be ranged on how much gc u got to spend on them....

This is just my 2 cents, so don't want to start a big discussion on what i wrote :):D

Relying on home-made EFEs doesn't help iron plate production. If you are running it as a business, you are better off selling the EFE. You may lose the xp for making the plate, but that isn't a big deal.

Why hasn't iron plate market value increased in response to EFE prices? Possibly it has hit the right price for the product; increase it and the potential customers are more attracted to saving up for steel, or using the cheaper augmented gear instead.

I would guess that until EFE prices decrease, iron plate goods are off the menu.

Here is the sad truth about things. Entropy wanted iron plate and other EFE based items to be rare. They ended up not being rare, but more expensive instead. He will probably never manage to reduce the number of items that he wanted to be rare, but we will get to pay like crazy for them.

Yes, it is messed up that almost everything revolves around EFE and not the other essences. If nothing else, Enriched Magic Essences and Enriched Air Essences should be used should get to be used in more items. Lets face it, Enriched Air Essences could be used to help make a blade move faster, considering they must have some magical properties to be "enriched".

Enriched Death Essence could be used on a blade to make it do more damage.

Enriched Life Essence could be used to make armor protect more or actually aid in healing the wounds.

Some imagination in what enriched essence could be used for would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if this doesn't all make sense, it is probably because....I have to be honest....I am pretty drunk right now. Life sucks, so I want my EL hiding place to be better. Please, folks, help fix the market and the notions put into EL. And for crying out loud, use some GOOD Business Sense in the game. The market channel is a joke....especially for manufacturing. Everyone wants to sell things for less than ingreds. What a load of......DUNG. ROFL

<ends drunken rambling>

Edited by nathanstenzel

I'm one of them - never or rare sell enriched essences or stones.

As far as I remember have I 24 EFEs, 38 enrichment stones, 18 binding stones, 180 serp stones and 32 rosts in my storage.

And I don't want to sell.

Reasons :

Prices are usually going up, which mean I get richer and richer. Serp stones used to be almost worthless sell for 2k ? now. If I had sold cheap and bought later would I loose gc. And with new items in game will prices go up.

Not only is this problematic for the economy, because it messes up the prices (the prices would be reasonably stable if things kept in circulation, they go up now and will drop later... Probably pretty quickly once it starts), it's also risky... What happens once a few of the hoarders sell or Ent increases the rate? The price will fall (and hence many other hoarders will see it's time to sell, and down goes the price). Much of the real world isn't applicable to EL, but some of it is. We can draw a few conclusions from that.

Ent has said the rate will go up again later. If hoarders don't sell a heap by then, that's when the price will drop. Unfortunately, price fixing in the form of limited supply isn't, IMO, good for the economy... But the economy wasn't that great anyway :D

Just a few quick comments.

@ Ghrae: Your list doesn't show Yeti or Arctic stones needing EWE, but by the manufacture.html, they do. Yes, your point is also spot on. Alot of items need EFE, higher demand = higher cost.

@ Zen: I've known you a long time. You have always had better luck than average making enriched esses. Read as follows: "With artif cape, I've made 10/84,566 so 1/8457." I feel I have better things to do with my time than make that many fe's so I have 10 efe's for iron plate.

@ Nathanstenzel: I don't think there is an Enriched Air Essence.

Some prices are coming up slowly for Items requiring an EFE to make, but the majority still do not sell for even the total cost to make. With prices continuing to rise on EFE, I don't think the prices will catch up. I tried off an on all day yesterday to buy upto 20 efe's on market for 5k each. I had one person offering me 10 at 5.5k each and that was it.

following nathanstenzel's post:

When I started playing and heard about moddable items, I assumed that you'd be able to combine a moddable item with any exotic essence or stone to get something special. So I was looking forward to embedding a serpent stone in some pants...

With unlimited resources, rarity is only through the exotics; moddable or enhanced creations, and found stones. This could have been used more, such as having steel bars created as enhanced iron bars (if the game is notionally set in the pre-industrial era).

Edited by trollson

There are no EAE, but there should be.

well im sure there will be, they just havent got around t it yet, the games obviously constantly changing and new things are being added/changed and old things are being added too

Edited by mufossa