Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

unless ur not admitting ur truffle thats who i said i killed

lol the bullshit starts already...where is this screenie you speak of? it dosent exist !!! you got owned and that was that dont feel bad that youre prides hurt a bit

whats ur ingame name i'll send it to u

i want everyone to see it post it somewhere..

after this we really should get back to topic

Edited by mufossa

This thread is about what people think would happen to the game in the future if NMT capes were breakable. Not if people think it would personally benefit them... And certainly not for comparing the size of your sword/killcounters.

I think the point mufo is trying to make justin is that if people train at the right a/d level with the right p/c for a certain creature then they wont need NMT because very little might get broken anyway because they wont get hit as often thus less chance for items to break

That's more or less exactly how I took it. I've been training on Ogre with full steel for a while now, not a single degraded steel item, and no I don't have an NMT.

And what i'm saying is due to a breakable nmt and levins post we are "forced" to add p/c so we don't get hit often and our breakable nmt don't break as often messing up exp/hr. is a good idea?lol now we are not forced to add p/c so we get good exp/hr this starts sounding more and more like ppl not wanting others to train a/d properly thus the big guys keep their ranks longer and in end result we don't get oa's faster to give us pps to spend on p/c that is needed in pk to do anything decent at all if any.Thusfore keeping pk dead longer and i thought some wanted more pk,well guess what we need a/d/p/c to have a fighting chance and u wanna make it harder on us?This i speaking on pkers who need a/d i'm aware all that has high a/d ain't pkers i'm just replying to pk being dead and now a breakable nmt,just tieing the two togather from a standpoint,not covering all the bases lol cuz this is suppose to be about the nmt.

I don't believe this has anything to do with anyone attempting to change the XP/hr that anyone gets.

What happens if NMT capes continue to enter the game but never leave? The answer is simple, the NMT cape will eventually become an overly common item. Will this happen in a month, a year, or five years? It's hard to say. The point is if they continue to enter without leaving the game, it will very likely happen. I only say it is likely because it is possible that we will continue to get new players entering (and staying) faster than the NMT capes enter the game, but I don't believe this is probable. I feel it is much more likely that NMT, if dropped at all, will enter the game faster than new permanent players.

An alternative would be to limit the number of capes in the game, as has been suggested before in this thread. However, all that would do is create an artificial elite. Those that have the cape already. Since the item is limited and never breaks on its own there is no way anyone in their right mind finding one would sell it. This doesn't seem a very viable solution.

So, what does that leave as a solution to eventual saturation of NMT capes via drops? Oddly enough what Entropy suggested, that they rarely break through normal use.

certainly not for comparing the size of your sword/killcounters.

lmao ...sorry :P

I think the point mufo is trying to make justin is that if people train at the right a/d level with the right p/c for a certain creature then they wont need NMT because very little might get broken anyway because they wont get hit as often thus less chance for items to break

That's more or less exactly how I took it. I've been training on Ogre with full steel for a while now, not a single degraded steel item, and no I don't have an NMT.

And what i'm saying is due to a breakable nmt and levins post we are "forced" to add p/c so we don't get hit often and our breakable nmt don't break as often messing up exp/hr. is a good idea?lol now we are not forced to add p/c so we get good exp/hr this starts sounding more and more like ppl not wanting others to train a/d properly thus the big guys keep their ranks longer and in end result we don't get oa's faster to give us pps to spend on p/c that is needed in pk to do anything decent at all if any.Thusfore keeping pk dead longer and i thought some wanted more pk,well guess what we need a/d/p/c to have a fighting chance and u wanna make it harder on us?This i speaking on pkers who need a/d i'm aware all that has high a/d ain't pkers i'm just replying to pk being dead and now a breakable nmt,just tieing the two togather from a standpoint,not covering all the bases lol cuz this is suppose to be about the nmt.

I don't believe this has anything to do with anyone attempting to change the XP/hr that anyone gets.

What happens if NMT capes continue to enter the game but never leave? The answer is simple, the NMT cape will eventually become an overly common item. Will this happen in a month, a year, or five years? It's hard to say. The point is if they continue to enter without leaving the game, it will very likely happen. I only say it is likely because it is possible that we will continue to get new players entering (and staying) faster than the NMT capes enter the game, but I don't believe this is probable. I feel it is much more likely that NMT, if dropped at all, will enter the game faster than new permanent players.

An alternative would be to limit the number of capes in the game, as has been suggested before in this thread. However, all that would do is create an artificial elite. Those that have the cape already. Since the item is limited and never breaks on its own there is no way anyone in their right mind finding one would sell it. This doesn't seem a very viable solution.

So, what does that leave as a solution to eventual saturation of NMT capes via drops? Oddly enough what Entropy suggested, that they rarely break through normal use.

yes, you understand it well, i hope this helps others to understnd it also

spawn availability isn't an issue of NMT, its an issue of the size of the game world. This won't be an issue once multiple servers are available.

I have to agree with that one. Im(was) training on fluffs, was it any easier to get a fluff when nmt was breakable? No, spawns were crowded as always. The difference was that no one was using nmt and I was loosing at last 1-2 pieces of iron plate armour a day and damaged one col. So during that period think Ive lost about 200kgc(not sure, didnt make any stats) while with nmt I can make some very small profit unless I break anything.

spawn availability isn't an issue of NMT, its an issue of the size of the game world. This won't be an issue once multiple servers are available.

I have to agree with that one. Im(was) training on fluffs, was it any easier to get a fluff when nmt was breakable? No, spawns were crowded as always. The difference was that no one was using nmt and I was loosing at last 1-2 pieces of iron plate armour a day and damaged one col. So during that period think Ive lost about 200kgc(not sure, didnt make any stats) while with nmt I can make some very small profit unless I break anything.

just because it wasent easy before dosent mean matters havent been made worse, which they have

I am very surprised that people are not making a profit on fluffies, they besides yetis are one of the most profitable monsters gc (and exp) wise in the game. I can wear iron helm, moon medallion, steel chain, steel shield and even with armor breakage, HE cost and mana potion(I use blue lups/wine) cost, I net 3-4k every 2 hrs. On feros i make about a 500gc profit per 2 hrs after cost of breakage, etc factored in. (225k per hr exp fluff, 250k feros) This is all without NMT and appropriate p/c for fluff (before NMT came out)

(Edit on 8:10pm) Sorry if I wasnt clear in making my connection clear, the_piper. This was responding to the above few posts of people who are saying that having NMT breakable now will cost them more money, which some feel is too much of a loss considering current break rate /gc loss with NMT on as per above few posts. Was simply saying that they can adjust if this happens by altering fighting style and giving data to back up the statement. Training will still be able to be profitable even with NMT breakable.

Edited by LevinMage

Sorry to interrupt this, but isnt this thead about a vote about breaking NMT capes or not?

And not about how many profit a fighter can make a day by killing a certain creature?

Please stay on topic and vote :D

And post your opinion, of course.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

also 2 people voted NO and then requested to have their vote changed, was this done? i know this seems insignificant BUT it isnt to me..to me it means they read the thread and realized they voted wrong

incase someone wants to re-calcuate their votes see posts #50 and #68

Edited by mufossa

Mufossa, nmt cloak breakable or not, ur not getting the point. If cloak becomes breakable, many (including myself) would get the perk. Therefore spawns will be just as damn packed as they were before if that was an issue (which imo its not). And the economy stuff, people get perk instead of cloak, economy stays same. Even if you wear the cloak thats breakable, economy stays the same.

Thing about noobs....great way to advertise them lowering the price for them

If were going to do all this bs, i say just take them out of game completely

Mufossa, nmt cloak breakable or not, ur not getting the point. If cloak becomes breakable, many (including myself) would get the perk. Therefore spawns will be just as damn packed as they were before if that was an issue (which imo its not). And the economy stuff, people get perk instead of cloak, economy stays same. Even if you wear the cloak thats breakable, economy stays the same.

Thing about noobs....great way to advertise them lowering the price for them

If were going to do all this bs, i say just take them out of game completely

listen we could all sit here and give 100 different reason why 100 differnt people are wrong about 100 different things and we would all be able to come up with valid points

you think toomass will take perk? or lucifer? or quimbly or pookies or asgnny or tv or masterpiter or anyone else in top 20 oa mabye but i doubt it

so it isnt that im missing the point, it is that their are so many different points about ONE issue that we all see what we want to see

people are paying arm and leg for 1 nex stone and 50 hydro for 1 pp to add to p/c so i cannot see anyone wasting 7pp on a perk that does this unless they are low level with low oa (or they just dont know any better)

everyone knows HIGH level fighters dont waste pp on anything but p/c....

or even the people who buy 7 human nexus, this negates that dosent it, i mean common be reasonable

Edited by mufossa

I like the fact that the NMT is unbreakable, partly for economic reasons, but also because that's part of what makes it such a special item and not just a common ol' cape. Even if it turned out to be the same economically, the idea of paying money for a cape to save money on other things breaking, only to lose money by having to buy new capes is just unattractive to me.

My preference would be to keep the NMT unbreakable, but to provide an exit route for the cape, such as an NPC which buys it for 250k.

Edited by EvilJoe

you think toomass will take perk? or lucifer? or quimbly or pookies or asgnny or tv or masterpiter or anyone else in top 20 oa mabye but i doubt it

Toom and Luci r in top 20, other names u said r not in top20 oa atm, i for example got about 500m oa exp less than top1 oa ingame now ;)

And dont be so sure about high lvls not taking that perk, coz nmt perk is great for pk and nmt perk/cape makes u able to train on high lvl mobs( short said).

Dont u remember how much LuciferX complained that yetis break him everything so fast before nmt cape was introduced?( And yetis werent that strong back then, tho he still took all possible negz and bumped up coord).

Or dont u remember how much u complained that weak mountan chim breaks everything to u? ( mc was 110a/d and puny p/c back than, i was able to kill it barehanded at p44c60 with iron plate set. no col, sometimes even w/o restoring).

i leveled to 139atk/141def/82harvest/90alch/77manu/144oa...i dont care what you say it will take alot more then a Nmt to catch that.....but i sold my char i only harvest like i keep saying ...........you need alot of free time and patience, never mind a nmt, i did that all mostly w/o a nmt (i had some help leveling but i made 400+mill exp) thanks sMooMs :)

U say u made most of ur exp w/o nmt?

Afaik nmt was introduced before u trained on strong mountain chim and yetis. And u trained in it very soon after it got implemented, even sooner than me :P

And u made crazy amount of a/d/oa exp wearing nmt cape, probably way more than most of current fluffy trainers that u seem to hate for some unknown reason B)

mp

Ive never bought a red cloak :/ There shudnt be red cloaks i thnk. Maybe we shud POll that ? ;)

dude you shouldn't be talking about buying a brod after being brod 5 times in 1 battle

i think many fighters would take the nmt perk if the cloak was made breakable, i myself would get the perk cause im not PKer but trainer, so dont need to focus all on p/c - nmt is to fighters what artficer used to be for mixers and is worth 7 pp's, and i think artificer cloak would have same problem in future

imo best to make nmt breakable now so fighters can mould their characters to deal with it earlier, it cant stay unbreakable forever

otherwise, an NPC with high buying price that would force nmt finders to sell their second capes would be good, so others would have to find their own or pay a VERY high price for it

- Takeru

Edited by huntingdevil

Toom and Luci r in top 20, other names u said r not in top20 oa atm, i for example got about 500m oa exp less than top1 oa ingame now ;)

And dont be so sure about high lvls not taking that perk, coz nmt perk is great for pk and nmt perk/cape makes u able to train on high lvl mobs( short said).

Dont u remember how much LuciferX complained that yetis break him everything so fast before nmt cape was introduced?( And yetis werent that strong back then, tho he still took all possible negz and bumped up coord).

Or dont u remember how much u complained that weak mountan chim breaks everything to u? ( mc was 110a/d and puny p/c back than, i was able to kill it barehanded at p44c60 with iron plate set. no col, sometimes even w/o restoring).

i leveled to 139atk/141def/82harvest/90alch/77manu/144oa...i dont care what you say it will take alot more then a Nmt to catch that.....but i sold my char i only harvest like i keep saying ...........you need alot of free time and patience, never mind a nmt, i did that all mostly w/o a nmt (i had some help leveling but i made 400+mill exp) thanks sMooMs B)

U say u made most of ur exp w/o nmt?

Afaik nmt was introduced before u trained on strong mountain chim and yetis. And u trained in it very soon after it got implemented, even sooner than me :P

And u made crazy amount of a/d/oa exp wearing nmt cape, probably way more than most of current fluffy trainers that u seem to hate for some unknown reason B)

mp

hmm you speak as if i have something to gain here..i dont so youre attack on me is weakened by that simple fact....i was a/d 130+ when nmt was implemented so ya i made most my exp b4 it was in game....and i would bet you anything that the peoplel i named WILL never take that perk, you know this very very well :)

when i said top 20 i didnt mention oa ..did i? NO im talking about a/d mainly Pkers who you know very well wont take a perk unless it is neg to increase p/c i think it is foolish to toy with the notion that they will

iirc you Reset just because you had 6pp wasted in you nexus (inor and veg you liked to mix sr while we pvp) so if you will reset #1 oa just to save 6 pp i think it is almost an insult that you say to me Pkers will take 7pp Nmt perk (he reseted b4 nex/attrib removers were in game)

and also you planned to buy 7 human nex just to save youre earned pp for p/c , once again evidence to the contrary of what u r saying to make me look foolish , no? come now empi i know you well also..plx lets be nice, we were good friend b4 dont be mad i sell to luci .. just a game i have fun harvesting :) a/d train too much for me

Edited by mufossa

I voted yes, make 'em breakable... I hav never owned an NMT cape, and i dont hav the NMT perk... Ive trained feros and fluffies for quite awhile now, in full steel+CoL, i degrade atleast 2 items every week, but i dont care, because i dont mind harvesting for my items. My opinion on the reason everyone lvl's their a/d up so fast is because they can afford to train all the time with NMT cape, if anything breaks they can still repair/buy new 1 with the gc/drops they get, because their stuff dont break enough.

If the NMT cape became breakable maybe people will hav to harvest/alch/manu/whatever for their money again... sure they say they harvested 15+ days for their capes, but so what? that does not mean you dont have to harvest again for 2/3 months.

I also liked the idea of making the cape less effective than the perk, it makes sense.

- St