Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

Voted against this idea coz it will make players lvl up slower( so its good only for ppl that made nice a/d/oa when nmt was unbreakable and they dont train a/d/oa now).

However if it gets implemented i will just addapt my character to it, to lvl as fast or maybe even faster than before, so no big deal for me :confused:

ditto

Edited by Korrode

Even if there's going to be some adjustments maybe make an NPC buy these NMTs for 300-400k each, give everyone 1 week to sell their NMTs and then make those adjustments, (breakable, less rare, etc.) This way people wouldn't be losing a lot of cash or start complaining like " I bought this NMT for 500k now it is being sold for 100k"

Even if there's going to be some adjustments maybe make an NPC buy these NMTs for 300-400k each, give everyone 1 week to sell their NMTs and then make those adjustments, (breakable, less rare, etc.) This way people wouldn't be losing a lot of cash or start complaining like " I bought this NMT for 500k now it is being sold for 100k"

I agree %100

with all due respect , warlock cloak sold for 1million gc now lol lucky to get 50k

nexus stones sold for 1 million now 300k

thermal serp sold for 500k now 300k

things change and loose value, we all have to except this

with all due respect , warlock cloak sold for 1million gc now lol lucky to get 50k

Its Eternal Lands :confused:

mufo's always right... coz he is so pr0 ? :)

Edited by OldySchooly

No, not all things change to lose value, this generalizing is a bit too easy. I can remember a time when a friend sold an NMT for 80kgc, while current going market price was about 100kgc. Now it's 400-500kgc, quite a good investment, eh?

But as already suggested in another topic about this issue, make wearing the nmt also more human nexus dependent, like human 8 or 9.

The only trouble with making items nexus dependant is that any new player can still take a neg perk and recieve the right nexus easily

If NMT was going to be dependant on anything then it should be a/d. unwearable by anyone under a certain a/d

If it is made breakable then maybe instead of just either degrading or breaking it should degrade in various stages protecting your items less as it does so until it finally goes poof.(no chance to be repaired)then at least people can still feel they are getting there moneys worths

As the poll stands at the moment as only a YES/NO vote i voted no

but would have voted for OMG's suggestion of it remainin unbreakable but a chance to degrade upon death

No, not all things change to lose value, this generalizing is a bit too easy. I can remember a time when a friend sold an NMT for 80kgc, while current going market price was about 100kgc. Now it's 400-500kgc, quite a good investment, eh?

i Never said ALL things change, i just said things change and gave a few examples

i like the basis of omg's idea: making nmt breakable outside of combat

voted yes for breakable in this light

ps. nmt will inevitably have to be made unbreakable someday, i think should adjust our characters to deal with that now

Edited by huntingdevil

Its Eternal Lands :)

mufo's always right... coz he is so pr0 ? :P

There r many times he is wrong too :confused:

Warrior cloak was sold for 1 mili gc coz some1 was stupid enough to buy it for so much, same with nexus removal stones.

Their stats didnt change, market changed their price.

Thermal serp was 500k coz less ppl bought them from el shop, after some time many ppl saw its nice $----->gc so they bought some of them and sold for gc.

With many thermal serps on market their price fell down.

Imho new thermal serp from el shop with 3 weeks warranty is worth 360k gc( so 4k gc per 1 $) and as soon as i need one i will buy it.

U want to change most important thing in nmt cape that makes it so expensive.

NMT perk has many advantages over nmt cape, and it would be 1st and only positive perk i would consider taking, especially now- with many expensive armors/weapons, brod, buyable nexuses and nexus removal stones.

mp

<edit> corrected qoutes

Edited by masterpiter

IMHO, making the NMT breakable will have a negative effect. (Yes I own one)

First, is there any other skill in which you can experience a sudden loss of a 60K+ item in seconds?

The cloak, as a high end item, makes it unreachable for many as it is.The core part of El, at least for the

moment, is around fighting and the items that assist and aid fighting. Potioners, Manus, Crafters all produce

items geared to this pursuit. To make leveling the attack and defense to require more time than it takes to

obtain a pilots license (as an example lol) is going a bit too far.

From what I see. The game does need to be in fact, difficult to level, so in 2 months you can't reach the top

of that skill, but it shouldn't require years. It in turn appears that the primary people interested in making this

difficult are already at the top or not a fighter at all.

Once el expands into 100K players, Multi Servers, alot of this little community feel will be gone and

the nit picking by a handful of top players will possibly disappear. Their mini fiefdom now gone, they have

no power to protect.

I hope as the years progress EL grows and becomes a diverse RPG we all enjoy and not,

Eternal Iron Ore Mining....It shouldn't be (6 hours of harvesting = 15 mins of another skill leveling)

They don't PK because there is no 'advantage' in winning a fight (other than being in the PK top), and there is a penalty for losing a fight (lost rotsogol).

Another problem is with people being allied and not wanting to PK their friends.

:omg::icon13::icon13::icon13::icon13::icon13::icon13:

You got it man :P

EDIT: lol about the NMT breakable, i voted no. somehow the NMT's surely have to get out of the game, but as u made the Nmts unbreakable before, No1 ever trained in it except some ppl like hades who broke 3 of them and were proud about it :devlish:

anyway, there must be some other solution to get NMTs out of game, lets listen to what ppl here say, cause personally i dont have a good idea about it

Edited by Tempest

If some players love the game try to do what i did.

Advertise the game to some forums that have to do with rpg games.

I am economist in real life and some people before they start talking about economy they must learn before the difference between micro and macroeconomy and some basics. If more and more players will be added to the game nmt will remain an expensive item.

An npc that would buy all kind of capes would be nice too.

Finally we need to be more honest sometimes.

The truth behind "make nmt breakable" and decrease "fluffies respawning time"= 1)"I am in top 20 and and i want all spawns for me". 2)"i dont care about the brake ratio because yetis made me rich so i can afford expensive items" 3)"i dont care at all about the game and if i spoil the fun of others all i care is how to slow down the rest of players so we will remain top"

Yesterday i saw in the market channel a player looking for spawn serpers :devlish:

Edited by agis29

First, is there any other skill in which you can experience a sudden loss of a 60K+ item in seconds?

I'm sure the manuer's could tell you...

I voted for making the NMT cape breakable because I feel perks should be better than the associated capes, and this is just another step in that direction. If it were an option, I'd also vote to have the NMT cape offer less protection then the perk (1/2 instead of 1/4, for example).

If the net number of NMTs increases faster than the number of players, why bother having them?(Not something I think is happening, but something it seems like people want to happen). Go straight for the saturation point and give everyone one now...

I'm sure the manuer's could tell you...

I voted for making the NMT cape breakable because I feel perks should be better than the associated capes, and this is just another step in that direction. If it were an option, I'd also vote to have the NMT cape offer less protection then the perk (1/2 instead of 1/4, for example).

If the net number of NMTs increases faster than the number of players, why bother having them?(Not something I think is happening, but something it seems like people want to happen). Go straight for the saturation point and give everyone one now...

I am a manuer and i dont have a lot to tell u.The brake ratio is high even with nmt. If u make nmt breakable only 20 people will buy expensive armors and the rest will train with steel chains.

Finally in the future people will reset and they will start training with nmt perk and fr cape and this will make things in spawns even worst.

Perks are allready offering more than capes.

Also if there was an npc that would buy nmt for 400k the price of nmt will remain the same.

Think also that a precious perk like mirror cape (7 pps) costs only 4k gc in the market and the game didnt collapse.

Finally in the future people will reset and they will start training with nmt perk and fr cape and this will make things in spawns even worst.

This is so true. The moment the NMT "cloak" is made permanently breakable. I will reset and take NMT perk.

Try crafting a CoL @ Craft God and watch that ever-so-cute (not) message come across that you just lost ingredients. I knew a crafter that recently lost 4 sets of CoL ingredients in a week.

So to answer your question: yes there is.

Oh, and in case you think it's just crowns, what about the manufacturers who try to make red dragon armor and fail? Another very painful "ouch"

It's Christmas? Oh no, not again .... :omg:

Voted yes. There is a perk which currently is not breakable :devlish: and shoyld stay like that. As for capes .. they are like soap operas ... please dont break it ... please ... :icon13:

I think that once I am going to implement a PK map where you won't see the name of the players, so you can just PK anyone you see without feeling bad about it.

hehe thats great, in fact a special day that would have this same effect would be awesome too :omg: everyone would be able to do all the things they always wanted to do but can't due to being posted in the outlaws and noone would know who did it... :devlish:

I think that once I am going to implement a PK map where you won't see the name of the players, so you can just PK anyone you see without feeling bad about it.

hehe thats great, in fact a special day that would have this same effect would be awesome too :omg: everyone would be able to do all the things they always wanted to do but can't due to being posted in the outlaws and noone would know who did it... :devlish:

Then again.. there is photographic memory. (Is that even spelled right?) There are cases where I can recognize someone after a namechange. The name is different but because the character looks the same, I know who it is. And what about chat? You will know who is near you, that is already a hint.

-Blee

you guys are saying that you want to keep noobs from wearing nmt. but then you say make it breakable to lower the cost of it. Don't you think it would be easier for a noob to get it if the price was lower because it is breakable?

Seems to me they cry cuz so-called noobs train with it and catch up or pass them in a/d cuz like empi said they don't train,but on the other hand they want pk but i guess they wanna pk noobs too eh? will vote no cuz it increases a/d and hopefully ego so they will be ppl that might pk or have a decent chance to do so ;P.

Very true, if nmt is made breakable ill take the perk