Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

I am pretty sure that most people will vote against the idea, but would you like to make the NMT cape less rare (say, twice as likely to drop), but make it break (1 in 40K chance)?

I am voting for this idea, because I think it will make the game more interesting and dynamic.

Make it breakable at a very very low rate. As nice as the NMT cape is, the amounts of them in game will sum up over the weeks/months/years.

And yes, i have 2 of them, one bought, one got from fluffy and i am using it, so dont say, i dont know what i am talking about.

NMT cape + CoL + expensive armor + restore spell is an unbeatable combination, so lets get rid of a *few* NMT capes.

My 2 cents, now beat me for it :P

Piper

I knew it, it can't simply stay unbreakable. I voted no though, I doub't this is the problem nowadays.

i wonder why if you are smart enough to recognize that it simply cannot stay invincincible , you vote against you instincts

Edited by mufossa

I say no way.

i think youre idea of making them less rare and breakabke is the BEST idea possible

mabye we should take a vote or something

or atleast try it for a month and see the results

We did try this for more than a month or so. You know what happen? Most everyone let their nmt capes rot in their storages. Why buy an item that is 400k to save your armor thats say 150k and risk the 400k item being broken...waste.

Pls tell me before hand if this happens so i can go ahead and sell my cape pls.

Personally I would love to make the NMT slightly less rare

I would say keep NMT breakable, give NMTs a certain "stopping point" were there can only be so many ingame, and not let anymore be dropped.

Edited by Kidberg

I voted no. I worked hard to afford my cape and consider it an investment. The last thing I want to see is it break, or its value go down.

Llyn :P

My 2 cents, now beat me for it :P

Piper

I'll beat you for it now and add my own opinion in the morning, ok? :D

Anyways, I see the problem you mention, but you'd have to significantly increase the chance for a drop, would be nice if you would gain one for each you lose (on average). By the way, I got 2 NMTs as well, but I gave one to a friend to train with :)

edit: on kidberg's point: some limit would sure be nice (for other stuff as well, "magic armor" anyone?), as in chance to make one depends on the number of items in game :)

Edited by Ermabwed

ppl, think about the future.

if the NMT cape will be unbreakable, and the more players are able to kill fluffies, the more NMT capes will be in game.

So, as the last consequnce, since no NMT cape will leave the game, we will have n00bs who should wear a fur cloak, wearing a NMT cape just to protect their fur hat.

So, if the NMT cape will be unbreakable, we will have more and more and more of them in game. Which means, that the price will go down and at least, and everybody will have one.

Is that an option? I think, no.

Piper

I voted no. NMT has nothing to do with that people skip chims.. or like mufossa claimed in that locked topi: "The Nmt, problem? or solution?". Every reason is well explained in "monster adjustment" topic.

ppl, think about the future.

if the NMT cape will be unbreakable, and the more players are able to kill fluffies, the more NMT capes will be in game.

So, as the last consequnce, since no NMT cape will leave the game, we will have n00bs who should wear a fur cloak, wearing a NMT cape just to protect their fur hat.

So, if the NMT cape will be unbreakable, we will have more and more and more of them in game. Which means, that the price will go down and at least, and everybody will have one.

Is that an option? I think, no.

Piper

Thats why I said to do this:

I would say keep NMT breakable, give NMTs a certain "stopping point" were there can only be so many ingame, and not let anymore be dropped.

Maybe as more people start playing game, increase the stopping point.

Ya right piper its a logical though but what about the ppl who spend 400k on a NMT, it will be fair for them if the price goes to 40k?

Im going to already tell you the f-ed up answer that you will get for this "This is a mmorpblahblah, its subject to change always"

Ya right piper its a logical though but what about the ppl who spend 400k on a NMT, it will be fair for them if the price goes to 40k?
Quite right. We need to avoid the market being saturated with them, or else prices will go really low as people find fewer and fewer people to sell them to.

On the other hand, decisions about the future of the game should, IMO, be based on what's good for the game, not individual players.

Doh.. i think, i paid 140k for my first NMT cloak and i think too about the ppl who paid half a million gc for some removal stones. Which may be now a little bit annoying, but, well, they were the first ones who were able to buy such stones.

Greed is nothing which does you good, and betting that you buy stuff here in game and can keep it for some time and sell it for a higher price, was a sweet dream, but not realistic.

Keep in mind, this game, and the economy too, is still beta.

So, if you bought a NMT cape for 400k gc, dont expect to sell it in the future for more than 400k gc.

Yes, thats a free market. Nobody forces you to participate, but if you do, dont complain, when the prices changes.

And seriously, just think about, how many NMT capes we will have in game after a few months when they dont break.

Loads of them.

Piper

Doh.. i think, i paid 140k for my first NMT cloak and i think too about the ppl who paid half a million gc for some removal stones. Which may be now a little bit annoying, but, well, they were the first ones who were able to buy such stones.

Greed is nothing which does you good, and betting that you buy stuff here in game and can keep it for some time and sell it for a higher price, was a sweet dream, but not realistic.

Keep in mind, this game, and the economy too, is still beta.

So, if you bought a NMT cape for 400k gc, dont expect to sell it in the future for more than 400k gc.

Yes, thats a free market. Nobody forces you to participate, but if you do, dont complain, when the prices changes.

And seriously, just think about, how many NMT capes we will have in game after a few months when they dont break.

Loads of them.

Piper

i dont think they realise how great this really is...a 1/40,000 break rate i think tit pl8 is 1/10,000 and that dosent break often and he will increase the drop rate by 100% imo thats awesome Edited by mufossa

NMT is a real high end item

and fluffy aint high end anymore so how bout dont let fluffy drop it

anyone can beat fluffy these days

This will decrease the growing rate of NMT's ingame ALOT i think

Edited by jakie

Guest ohmygod

If NMT is breakable will they be made drops from more monster types eg chims? or will drop rate from current monster just increase?

Edited by ohmygod

If NMT is breakable will they be made drops from more monster types eg chims? or will drop rate from current monster just increase?

great question and great idea omg :P

First off I voted no. I don't see the problem with alot of people having an nmt. It helps people train by reducing the chance of armor breaking. Yes I paid 350k for my NMT, but hey i also paid 20k for my vehicle but what is it worth now? So, prices lower and raise its life. I don't like the idea of any item breaking imo its rather annoying. Should maybe have a durability that needs repair (blacksmith oppurtunity for armors seamstress oppurtunity for clothes) but of course you would have to make it able to be repaired through trade window. This is my opinion say what you will.

Guest ohmygod

great question and great idea omg :P

You've inspired me to make a suggestion:

Could the breaking of a nmt be linked to a persons death, an event chance % like the harvester medlions?

This would mean a person waiting for a yeti spawn for 2 hrs lets say, dont have chance to have VERY bad luck and break nmt in first 2 hits from yeti/monster.

I only make these suggestions because i know that nmt will stay in game forever if not a chance other than acid rain and brod/mace to take them out.

I have many monster drop books already in store with no means to get rid of them except leave in bag and let them poof, wouldnt want same for nmt in months years to come.

Edited by ohmygod