Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grozni

Is Eternal Lands becoming fighters game?

Those 2 people are Mufossa and LuciferX. Think again.

And Im top50, and I make maybe 4k an hour. Your 30k is redicilous.

Yea its true.. Only a few people can get 30k/hour... (maybe top 10) but the others like me or trainers of cycs/flufs dont get REALLY much gc. even with the amount of gc, You cant even afford your HE/SR/broken armors...

So plz DONT say "Fighters live easy" :confused: Coz its NOT...

I recall doing a contest giving away a rost stone hes and stuff for 'fighting' only got 3 known fighters/pkers join. Maybe people just choose not to read the blue spam sometimes lol... got less on channel than when i was giving away 50k :confused: so...

I'm not a fighter... I dont do much...

Fighters of the game dont really do other stuff imo... apart from the daily he/sr/armour making. Is there 1-10 Pure potioners/crafters/manuers? cus ones i know fight as well so not pure.

Here's the prob with DCW:

el93rc3.jpg

That's one Desert Chim fight, which lasted for 15 minutes...

<snip>

I sure would like to find an item I could alch, manu, craft, etc that can equal that.

Yes, it's my choice to focus on mixing. Frankly looking for spawns bores me.

The argument isn't to take anything away from fighters IMO. EL has a nice skillset, much better than most other games because of the fact that there aren't classes in the game. I think most mixers would just like to see some items we can make that give good xp and can only be gotten from mixers - not by drops or NPCs.

Whilst I would also like to make an item that gives that much exp in one go, I recognise the fact that any potentially associated breakages involved in making said item will most likely be under 300gc in value....unlike the costs potentially involved in breaking items when fighting a Desert Chim. Even with critical fails added on top, at the most extreme example allowable (mixing a dragon scale torso and losing ings) it is very hard to compare against the other extreme (Luciferx breaking thermal serpent sword and other items on a Dragon).

We dont got it so bad, us mixers. Could be better but still not bad. Just gotta look at it from all angles to appreciate it IS a different skill and there's balance there even at the point where losses are calculated in. Radu knows what he is doing, despite many peoples perceptions/views to the contrary. But it will always be harder for us plebians to see teh whole of the game and remain unbiased in teh same way, since #1 we're not responsible for EL overall (thank god) and maintaining some sembalance of balance, and #2 we are playing it and finally #3 we dont have access to the full list of game-facts/data regarding the ingame stock levels, gc distribution, influx/outgoing of <X> item data etc etc.

Personally speaking I detest the idea of #1 changing, dont see the need for #3 being made public and am sticking with #2 for as long as my old PC can handle it.

problem: Top 50 figters can earn 30kgc/h, and top 10 manuers, crafters, potioners can get maybe few kgc.

I saw example: fighter with a lot ingame earned money, spent his money to level to top 20 in other skill, just in few weeks. While some manuer in top 20 cant go to tavern and buy himself a beer. Money can do anything.

Well I cant answer for the top 50 fighters not being in that group myself, but I know myself that at the moment training on Cycs that I train at a loss ( the gc/drop not being enough to cover manu pots/armour etc) and that I still have to make and sell essies so that I can afford to train a/d .

Top 50 fighters earning a lot of money: well maybe it evens it self out for them not making money for alot of there levels.where as a skill like alch as soon as you can make an Fe then you can make a profit. IMO a/d is differant in that you make a loss at lower levels hoping to break even in the long run by the time you reach yetis.

problem: Top 50 figters can earn 30kgc/h, and top 10 manuers, crafters, potioners can get maybe few kgc.

I saw example: fighter with a lot ingame earned money, spent his money to level to top 20 in other skill, just in few weeks. While some manuer in top 20 cant go to tavern and buy himself a beer. Money can do anything.

Well I cant answer for the top 50 fighters not being in that group myself, but I know myself that at the moment training on Cycs that I train at a loss ( the gc/drop not being enough to cover manu pots/armour etc) and that I still have to make and sell essies so that I can afford to train a/d .

Top 50 fighters earning a lot of money: well maybe it evens it self out for them not making money for alot of there levels.where as a skill like alch as soon as you can make an Fe then you can make a profit. IMO a/d is differant in that you make a loss at lower levels hoping to break even in the long run by the time you reach yetis.

I agree with you conavar

Finally, when you'll finally be strong enough to train on Yeti, they will already be balanced. Unless you train much more than the top50 (while the game stays balanced), you will never reach the money imbalanced monsters ...

quim is right, you need to train much to stay at the ranking that you are.

and about yeti trainers, only those who block most hits get good money on them, they trained hard and much for that so imo they deserve it, those who block less or not much hits dont get good gc because they break more armor, and they dont get that good exp.

so imo this is fair, i dunno why u complain lol :confused:

3Okgc per hour LOL i wish......

1 session on yeti of around 2 hours and i get between 15-20kgc

HE 500 at 6.5gc - 3.2kgc

AE 600 at 8.gc - 4.8kgc

SR 30 at 16gc - 480gc

Total - 8.4kgc

So if yeti drop good i make a profit of around 10k in 2 hours.......and only if they don't break anything.

Fortunately i seem to be quite lucky but on bad days i have broken 2 cols, steel plate, ti cuisses and steel greaves. Drops from yeti aren't even worth talking about, maybe 1-2 wolf bars per week and i've had one nmt cape in the last 6k of yeti. But i did have alot of gc made from when yeti was very profitable to train on, now i have alot less and doubt i'll ever be ebul rich again :devlish:

Personally i get bored listening to all the bitching and whining about how *we fighters* have it so easy.......everyone chooses what they want to do in EL. I tried everything before i decided to train just my a/d and magic skills only and now have to listen to crap about i'm some kind of ebul rich player etc etc. I worked hard on my char to get it to the lvls it is now, trained on fluffy with no nmt and col for months and getting crap drops and hardly having enough gc to replace my broken armor etc. And now just because i have it that little bit easier on yeti that makes me so bad :omg:

No one says it is bad to be a fighter, you guys just get more exp than mixers. I think you can't refuse that! I never saw someone with a skill above 120 except a/d :devlish:

This topic is about balancing the game for mixers, not again for fighters to express how hard their life is :omg:

Edited by Cycloonx

3Okgc per hour LOL i wish......

1 session on yeti of around 2 hours and i get between 15-20kgc

HE 500 at 6.5gc - 3.2kgc

AE 600 at 8.gc - 4.8kgc

SR 30 at 16gc - 480gc

Total - 8.4kgc

So if yeti drop good i make a profit of around 10k in 2 hours.......and only if they don't break anything.

Fortunately i seem to be quite lucky but on bad days i have broken 2 cols, steel plate, ti cuisses and steel greaves. Drops from yeti aren't even worth talking about, maybe 1-2 wolf bars per week and i've had one nmt cape in the last 6k of yeti. But i did have alot of gc made from when yeti was very profitable to train on, now i have alot less and doubt i'll ever be ebul rich again :devlish:

Personally i get bored listening to all the bitching and whining about how *we fighters* have it so easy.......everyone chooses what they want to do in EL. I tried everything before i decided to train just my a/d and magic skills only and now have to listen to crap about i'm some kind of ebul rich player etc etc. I worked hard on my char to get it to the lvls it is now, trained on fluffy with no nmt and col for months and getting crap drops and hardly having enough gc to replace my broken armor etc. And now just because i have it that little bit easier on yeti that makes me so bad :omg:

Agree 110%

Keep in mind yeti drops have already been reduced a lot: no more tit cuisses, no more hydro bars, wolf bars are rare, capes even rarer, gc has been reduced as well.

Also..any idea how many countless hours it takes to get a char to top 20 or top 10 a/d?

Its enormous.....takes a lot more time than any other skill.

No one says it is bad to be a fighter, you guys just get more exp than mixers. I think you can't refuse that! I never saw someone with a skill above 120 except a/d :omg:

This topic is about balancing the game for mixers, not again for fighters to express how hard their life is :icon13:

I'm not saying my life is difficult and hard.....i'm quite happy and it's quite simple if you want more xp get off your ass and go train like i did when i was still doing potions /alchemy etc :devlish: No one is making you sit mixing all day just like i'm not made to train all day......you choose what you want to do it's always been this way and if you don't like it go play some other game. And in my opinion it is far easier to get into the top 50 in any other skill in this game than a/d.....certainly don't think it would have taken me 18 months to get into top 50 of manu :icon13:

No one says it is bad to be a fighter, you guys just get more exp than mixers. I think you can't refuse that! I never saw someone with a skill above 120 except a/d :devlish:

This topic is about balancing the game for mixers, not again for fighters to express how hard their life is :omg:

Well I'm level 119 alc. will be 120 in 2-3 weeks.

And my a/d is a some higher.

I NEVER tryed to get a high alc level, it just happened because I needed bars and ess. for manu and crafting.

I can tell you training a/d is SO much harder than other skills.

In other skills can you come and go, watch tv, eat, read or whatever. You just need to click sometimes.

Training a/d do you need to be there all the time, first find an empty spawn, then find the chim that spawn there, you need to be ready to restore and hunt the next before it leave spawn. (silver ore is never taken)

The reason people stay on a spawn for 4-5 hours, is that it can take very long time to find one.

If you leave the computer 2 min. will you be in hell when you are back, another have taken the spawn or the chim has left.

And only if you get to yeti can you get good money.

I have levels in all other skills but summon (I find that boring)and eng.(have read the books, waiting for the items) so I can make all items in game, only thing left is to be able to kill giants and dragons.

Or leave the game.

Guys

This is a RPG game and everyone who played at least one RPG knows that fighting is sometimes 80% from time spent ingame. Now .. EL has some more skills (which makes it different from other MMORPGS) and one can choose his or her destiny in game. Opening a thread complaining about fighters are "spoiled" completly not true. Go on and fight a bit and then we shall talk. Ent already said that spends much time adjusting levels/prices and so... why is so hard to believe him?

First get the whole picture.

Unfortunately the game provides gc mainly on fighters. Even them have a hard time at the levels they are and many of them ended up not to train their a/d but they are focused to buy nexuses and nexuses removal stones.

One of the few persons that is still training hard and smart is masterpitter.

The only way for a manuer or a crafter to make a lot of money is not to train at all and manuing all day with arti hoping that he ll make a js of cooling or a similar weapon.

You can manu,fight and craft at the same time but believe me its very hard and u must calculate every single detail.(every pickpoint is a headache).At the moment i enjoy it and i allready started engineering.

One of the few person that can do many things with success is arkoren. he is a good example that u can do many things.

In other rpg games making money is much easier and u can easily fight doing other proffesions like manuing and engineering without being weak in pvp.

A player in an rpg game is feeling happy and enjoy the game when he feels that he is leveling up and he has a profit to do additional things like buying some new items or by starting a new skill.

Honestly i dont know if i become manu 80 and oa 140 if i will still enjoy the game having to cover million of pps to level up and doing similar things all the time.

Edited by agis29

o0 i think quite a few ppl still train their ass off as well :)

Good p/c is nice but its nothing without nice a/d.

Yup, what ambro said.

In other rpg games making money is much easier and u can easily fight doing other proffesions like manuing and engineering without being weak in pvp.

I have high levels in a/d and do still alching (#1) ,manuing and started engineering.

I don't think I'm weak in any of them.

That I train a lot give me high emu, usefull for my other skills.

I bought nexus with money , made in game.

Only thing I bought from shop was new name and new look.

If I can, can other too.

Ok i admit you are another good example of a fighter. Fighting with u (although u were using a tit long) was like fighting an army tank.

I have high levels in a/d and do still alching (#1) ,manuing and started engineering.

I don't think I'm weak in any of them.

That I train a lot give me high emu, usefull for my other skills.

I bought nexus with money , made in game.

Only thing I bought from shop was new name and new look.

If I can, can other too.

Of course u can do many things but mostly things that dont require nexuses. To start engineering u wont need additional nexuses. But its almost impossible to be strong and manu,crafting,potioning and have 5 inorganic nexus or use an arti cape that require human nexus 10.

You can find a balance anyway between fighting and other skills that why i mentioned arkoren.

But no matter what a/d i ll reach its almost impossible to kill someone that has so buffed p/c like ambrossius.

I would say that u can do many things untill a certain level. After that things are extremely difficult.

I hope that additional quests will be added so that a/d training will become important again.

The fact that we can buy nexuses with rostos is something i like cause i would like to start potiong too :)

you choose what you want to do it's always been this way and if you don't like it go play some other game.

Lol, sorry no offense, but you're pathetic. This topics is made to put a light on this issue. We aren't bitching or crying that something is bad. We are just asking if there are any chances possible. So if we ask for some changes we should stop playing and search another game? And the "it's always been like this" doesn't mean that the current system is 100% ok!

Edit: Imo this topic changed already in 'what do the fighters think about it' instead of 'what do the mixers think about it'.

Edited by Cycloonx

Guys

This is a RPG game and everyone who played at least one RPG knows that fighting is sometimes 80% from time spent ingame. Now .. EL has some more skills (which makes it different from other MMORPGS) and one can choose his or her destiny in game. Opening a thread complaining about fighters are "spoiled" completly not true. Go on and fight a bit and then we shall talk. Ent already said that spends much time adjusting levels/prices and so... why is so hard to believe him?

First get the whole picture.

the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just want to make sure mixers get a squeak occasionally

Lol, sorry no offense, but you're pathetic. This topics is made to put a light on this issue. We aren't bitching or crying that something is bad. We are just asking if there are any chances possible. So if we ask for some changes we should stop playing and search another game? And the "it's always been like this" doesn't mean that the current system is 100% ok!

Edit: Imo this topic changed already in 'what do the fighters think about it' instead of 'what do the mixers think about it'.

And if some "mixer" is telling untruths and making false assumtions us "fighters" cant reply?

You fighers have it so easy blabla..then get off your ass and go train some too eh?

See for yourself if its so easy..i think youll get dissapointed fast trying to climb the top.

Grow up.

Edited by Ambrosius

you choose what you want to do it's always been this way and if you don't like it go play some other game.

You've been banned hmm 2 or 3 times now for bitching, whining breaking rules etc and still you come back to play and i'm pathetic ;)

I don't agree with every change that happens and things piss me off too....but it is a game, it's impossible to keep everyone happy. The point i was making is that you don't have to bring *fighters* into the topic everytime you complain about how hard it is to lvl other skills.......try lvling a char to 100 a/d yourself first then make the comparison.

i wasn't going to post anything but if i'm here already

ok let ent reduce gc from monster, i give you (manuers, potters etc.) 2 weeks to start complaing about that you can't sell your stuff.