Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grozni

Is Eternal Lands becoming fighters game?

There are two active topics on forum, where top figters want to make NMT breakable. I dont want to talk about that, but:

It seems that top fighters are earning too much money, and they dont know what to do with all that money. So they want to take a sacrifice, and use their money for slower leveling of others: buying NMTs.

1. I mean: 30kgc per hour in best equipment with max xp...

2. And 30kgc in worse equip(no loss) and cutlass, but with 70-80% of max xp... :)

problem: Top 50 figters can earn 30kgc/h, and top 10 manuers, crafters, potioners can get maybe few kgc.

I saw example: fighter with a lot ingame earned money, spent his money to level to top 20 in other skill, just in few weeks. While some manuer in top 20 cant go to tavern and buy himself a beer. Money can do anything.

Is Eternal lands becoming fighters game?

When there was no yeties and when fluffs were not dropping NMTs/arti cloaks, fighters had choice:

1. To train for max xp, and loose money. or

2. To train for less xp and be on zero with money, or even spare some coin

It seems that has drasticly changed

Also answer to those top fighers, would it help to cut monsters drop, that way you could train in max gear with no loss, and lower levels couldnt do that?

Anybody aware of this problem?

Im not crying for anything, but i guess that fighers wouldnt like if some manuer could level to top20 a/d in few weeks with money earned by his skill, right?

Edited by Grozni

Yeti drops are too big imo, every yeti fighter I know has too much gc. But it's always been like this that top fighters have an easy life. If they get it a little harder there would be lots of topics again :)

fighter with a lot ingame earned money, spent his money to level to top 20 in other skill, just in few weeks.
Cash is only part of it, though. The mismatch in XP also means the top fighters often have huge EMU (and possibly will) compared to other players.

fighter with a lot ingame earned money, spent his money to level to top 20 in other skill, just in few weeks.
Cash is only part of it, though. The mismatch in XP also means the top fighters often have huge EMU (and possibly will) compared to other players.

That's another part I tried several times to bring to people's ears. The mixers need tons of nexus and so they can't take much p/c, this pays off in low EMU. And that's just the things mixers need a lot of and fighters less (if fighters get less emu they wouldn't train 2 hours on a spawn).

I think it's time to start balancing the mixers part instead of trying to balance the a/d training and pk over and over. Afaik there is never tried to balance something else than fighting (ok you can say there are more high end items added, but they aren't made to level on at all).

there is nothing stopping people who prefer other skills from fighting a little too to get those advantages fighters have, im an all rounder and though i do train a/d my main goal when fighting is more oa to get the pp's i need for nex and emu, i recomend a few hours of fighting to anyone regardless of skill and often tell my guildies this... i like it as it is

if fighters get less emu they wouldn't train 2 hours on a spawn.

2 hours? I (can) train 6-8 hours on fluffies without restock (in expensive gear plus NMT that is).

But it's always been like this that top fighters have an easy life.

Think twice. How many hours do you think those guys spend at a spawn every single day? Easy life? Keeping tracking of monsters for hours and hours.. It's not as easy as it sounds, you know. Yes, they get the better drops and all and their money can get them to level something fast.

But hey, before you can get to Yeti you'll have to train for months to get to them.

-Blee

Those 2 people are Mufossa and LuciferX. Think again.

And Im top50, and I make maybe 4k an hour. Your 30k is redicilous.

Think twice. How many hours do you think those guys spend at a spawn every single day? Easy life? Keeping tracking of monsters for hours and hours.. It's not as easy as it sounds, you know. Yes, they get the better drops and all and their money can get them to level something fast.

But hey, before you can get to Yeti you'll have to train for months to get to them.

-Blee

How many hours you think others spent? Using their time to click on button...

Nobody told: Become fighter and get to monsters which give nice drops, than use your money and become top in other skills, you will save few years (atleast half time) that way. And it wasnt like that earlier....

Those 2 people are Mufossa and LuciferX. Think again.

And Im top50, and I make maybe 4k an hour. Your 30k is redicilous.

lucifer has tops of 20k gc and hour and thats with a thermal serp rto kill them really fast, so after he breaks his thermal and some armour he dont even break even..and this is if he has tremdous luck with high gc ddrops...average is like 12-15k hr

btw mufossa dosent have a/d account anymore...LuciferX has my old account, it isnt mine anymore

Edited by mufossa

The problem of the worker players is for example spend 5.5k on ings to make an iron greaves and sell it for 4k, i was manuer long time ago, but, for what? Why ill spend lots of time bored on a storage floor to dont have profit?

Thats the problem with EL skills

Its impossible to make 30kgc/h on yetis, if its what you are talking about.

Respawn time is 1:30 minute, with a 190gc average drop.

Edit: and yes, big emu helps a lot, thats why I bitch a lot at guildies to train few a/d, because that helps their work-related skills.

Edited by Vormavius

if fighters get less emu they wouldn't train 2 hours on a spawn.

2 hours? I (can) train 6-8 hours on fluffies without restock (in expensive gear plus NMT that is).

for a top level player it is average of 20million exp to next level, so it is only right that they get a decent ammount of exp

Edited by mufossa

for a top level player it is average of 20million exp to next level, so it is only right that they get a decent ammount of exp
Sounds logical, but it's completely pointless.

Why do you have to get 20mil? Because you have a high level. Why do you have a high level? Because you get a lot of XP. And to add your comment: Why do you get a lot of XP? So you can get the 20mil. It's circular reasoning.

The important point is: Why should the fighters be at a level where they need 20mil, when the top however many in other skills don't?

It has nothing to do with the time or money invested, just ask one of the top manu'ers how many hours/gc they've spent making leather helms (or pants) either for trik or in the manu school.

Of course, with the economy the way it is, there isn't that much of a payoff, and some people don't grind all the way up... But some people have worked hard to gain many levels in production skills and ended up with a fraction of the XP (and hence OA; if it wasn't for OA then mismatch in XP from different skills wouldn't matter, ranking would equalise the rest) that fighters spending the same amount of time/effort/cash get.

, just ask one of the top manu'ers how many hours/gc they've spent making leather helms (or pants) either for trik or in the manu school.

just ask me last i check i was a top manuer i was #3 manuer b4 i quit i know exactly how much time/money i spent to level manu...

also if you train hard to get to 140 oa why sould you suffer by lack of exp ?

the higher youre a/d gets the less exp you get because the #'s you get are smaller (ex)if you gain 10a/d levels you will get 18 less exp per hit , this adds up after a while,

but if you make leather helms in manu school the ammount of exp you recieve remains constant ..

Actually, I do my best for people to fight (and PK) as much as possible, because this is the engine of the game.

If I remove the gold drops from high level monsters, the manufacturers will be totally dirt poor, they would make little or no profit (same for potioners, summoners, and so on).

One other thng: I know that most of you think that when I add something new, I just pull the formulas out of my ass, but in reality, I spend a LOT of time adjusting prices, formulas, drops, and so on in order to have a balanced game.

the higher youre a/d gets the less exp you get because the #'s you get are smaller (ex)if you gain 10a/d levels you will get 18 less exp per hit , this adds up after a while,

but if you make leather helms in manu school the ammount of exp you recieve remains constant ..

Yes. So the fighters are inclined to go up to higher-level critters. While the people making stuff are inclined to stick to low-mid items, for the most part (because that's what there's ingreds for and best value to mix. Steel/tit plate is worth a lot of XP, but there's no point trying to level with it).

At the end of the day... The topX lists tell the story. Some skills produce higher levels (and hence XP which is used to provide PPs) than others.

Actually, I do my best for people to fight (and PK) as much as possible, because this is the engine of the game.
I know, that's how you can remove/consume a lot of resources without injecting too much cash into the economy.
If I remove the gold drops from high level monsters, the manufacturers will be totally dirt poor, they would make little or no profit (same for potioners, summoners, and so on).
Yes. I don't want gc drops reduced unless they're out of proportion to the level of the critter; I want the fighters to have to spend the cash that they get fighting the wildlife on market (things like NMT and drops of almost anything makable are the problem here, and yes, I know without NMT there'd be less people risking expensive stuff, even if the percentage broken and replaced per day would be higher); and I want the leveling that the different skills provide to be about equal (perhaps a slight bias towards those that require more PPs, like the nexus-heavy ones. Things like stats are mostly general use, so most people use them)
in reality, I spend a LOT of time adjusting prices, formulas, drops, and so on in order to have a balanced game.
I know, I've watched the changes and the input from players about various issues that has (or seemed to) been taken into account.

The fighters actually spend a lot of money on consumable items (potions, armors, weapons, essences, and so on).

Last time I looked at the money distribution in the game, very few people had more than 1M gold coins in their inventory. This means one thing: most of the fighters DO spend their money, is not like the accumulate huge amounts.

Yes. So the fighters are inclined to go up to higher-level critters. While the people making stuff are inclined to stick to low-mid items, for the most part (because that's what there's ingreds for and best value to mix. Steel/tit plate is worth a lot of XP, but there's no point trying to level with it).

At the end of the day... The topX lists tell the story. Some skills produce higher levels (and hence XP which is used to provide PPs) than others.

yes but after yeti (double spawn) which i grew too strong for (to get great exp anyways) you cant realy train any other monsters artic chim/giant / dragon are jjust too strong to train

yes i kill them for drops but for leveling purposes not good

Edited by mufossa

Here's the prob with DCW:

el93rc3.jpg

That's one Desert Chim fight, which lasted for 15 minutes...

<snip>

I sure would like to find an item I could alch, manu, craft, etc that can equal that.

Yes, it's my choice to focus on mixing. Frankly looking for spawns bores me.

The argument isn't to take anything away from fighters IMO. EL has a nice skillset, much better than most other games because of the fact that there aren't classes in the game. I think most mixers would just like to see some items we can make that give good xp and can only be gotten from mixers - not by drops or NPCs.

i have to spend 8 hrs a day training a/d just to stay at current standings. i trained craft 2 hr a week for 2 month and made top 50, tho not top anymore its just that the other skills dont demand as much time training a/d, bc theres not as much competition. if the other skills were as competetive as a/d you would see the same lvls

There are two active topics on forum, where top figters want to make NMT breakable.

Only very few of them want it, those who r getting pissed of that other players catch their lvls while they dont train :D

Top 50 figters can earn 30kgc/h, and top 10 manuers, crafters, potioners can get maybe few kgc.

I saw example: fighter with a lot ingame earned money, spent his money to level to top 20 in other skill, just in few weeks. While some manuer in top 20 cant go to tavern and buy himself a beer. Money can do anything.

It was muffosa( curretnly account named LuciferX), he played hardcore, even up to 18h per day, and he bough a lot stuff from el shop.

When he has stoped to invest those money in a/d training, he invested them in manu skill and he made awsome lvl very fast(and also nice money selling enchanted armors/weapons).

Atm really good money u can make on killing dragons and selling their scales to manuers or manuing dragon armors from them by urself.

I checked how much full dragon set will be worth if 1 dragon scale is 5k gc each and u dont fail/loose ings making it, its about 198k gc+5x eme.

And we know that ppl sell it for 400k, some sold for even more.

Red dragon respawn is about 5 minutes, only 1 account ingame is strong enough to kill them really fast w/o breaking a lot, especially if that person uses bronze sword, ubber def greaves and mirror cape, which is completely safe in no break days.

Is Eternal lands becoming fighters game?

Hard to say, im an allrounder so dont ask me( check my stats if u dont belive me :D )

mp

I have noticed that the game seems a LITTLE unbalnced, i know most of the fighters earned there money but.. i think (and this has been noted before) that the fighters are getting lvl's way to fast. My thought is that most of the rich people are people who buy tons of items from the online shop or people who PK, not all of them but most.

Im not sure what can be done to fix all this, but i think the game needs to be tweeked A little bit.

This means one thing: most of the fighters DO spend their money, is not like the accumulate huge amounts.

I think most fighters spend a lot of money to capes like NMT and to special armors/weapons like JS of cooldown. Because they cost like 200-300k most fighters need to economize on essences/pots/rings etc.. I could be wrong but if I look at the people I know it is like this.

The only skill that is better balanced now is summoning. :D (but it lost some other points, but yea :/)

Edited by Cycloonx