Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luciferx

God Mode'd Mortos should not PK anymore

"God Mode'd Mortos should not PK anymore, Abuse of mod power cost me pk points" Thats what title says.Well,if Mortos was God moded he cant die nor get hit,whats the point of attacking something that you cant kill nonetheless hit.Afterall, mortos is god,hes immortal.

He wasn't in god mode.

Yes that was my understanding of the situation as well.. im sure L33t was unofficially declared the winner for doing the most damage to mortos..

and yes mufossa I do understand that Ent has made his decision (which is his right to do so) just I cant help but feel certain players got the lynch mob out for a good moderator who's only fault was not making his global msg 100% clear.

i wouldnt say the lynch mob...i think that they just wanted to "right a wrong" so to speak i think most people just wantedtheir rosto back or lost stuff, also i think everyon appreciated the effort put forth by acelon, i think he is a very talented mapmaker and im willing to forgive and forget ..i wouldnt judge a man by 1 mistake

i wouldnt say the lynch mob...i think that they just wanted to "right a wrong" so to speak i think most people just wantedtheir rosto back or lost stuff, also i think everyon appreciated the effort put forth by acelon, i think he is a very talented mapmaker and im willing to forgive and forget ..i wouldnt judge a man by 1 mistake

Fair point cant argue with that

Fair point cant argue with that

glad we could find some common ground :icon13:

I disagree, I think the reactions of people in invasions can be predicted enough for a general plan of events to work 99%+ of the time. In most cases; you spawn monsters, people show up to kill them, unless its 100 dragons your spawning there will be people showing up capable of killing what you've spawned. The only thing that is variable really, is the time it will take them to do it.
Not wanting to get too far off topic, but... That's true of the VotD invasions, as long as you allow for lack of success as the other variable, sure. For the larger events... Which map will the higher level fighters go to? Which maps will the fighters win on, and which will they lose to the invasion?

I haven't run anywhere near as many events as Acelon, but I've done a few in my time... Scripted things where you stick to the script do end up feeling just like that: scripted. Some people may not mind that it's all pre-determined, but some people prefer that what happens really can have an impact (like the no drop day where there was a couple of hours of invasion, the fighters didn't drive off all monsters, so there were random invasions for the rest of the day).

It's good to consider as many options as possible before-hand, but the ability to adapt and ad-lib can bring a lot to a performance.

But anyway, back to topic :icon13:

Guest baneazaghal

#Message from Mortos: Think you are tough? Prove it. I'm waiting in KF.

Hm... Mortos challenges you to come to KF, a PK map, and prove to him that you are tough? That's not clear enough to you? Sorry, I'm not a fighter, but I got this right the moment I read it. The only thing you shouldn't loose are those PK points, and that's it. You have just deprived us of the invasions, just because you don't like Acelon. Well, in the end, the one who is right is the one who bought the most things from the EL shop, I guess...

Hm... Mortos challenges you to come to KF, a PK map, and prove to him that you are tough? That's not clear enough to you? Sorry, I'm not a fighter, but I got this right the moment I read it. The only thing you shouldn't loose are those PK points, and that's it. You have just deprived us of the invasions, just because you don't like Acelon. Well, in the end, the one who is right is the one who bought the most things from the EL shop, I guess...

We get suspended from the forum when we claim preferential treatment for the evil rich IRL people.

Besides, it is my impression that you talk out of your ass, because I doubt you actively participated in many invasions, with your a/d levels.

Lets make an invasion with 100 dragons,lets see who will come geared up and actually FIGHT the dragons.It doesn't matter who bought the most things from EL shop,RULES are RULES.You haven't contributed any,so why are you talking.

I disagree, I think the reactions of people in invasions can be predicted enough for a general plan of events to work 99%+ of the time. In most cases; you spawn monsters, people show up to kill them, unless its 100 dragons your spawning there will be people showing up capable of killing what you've spawned. The only thing that is variable really, is the time it will take them to do it.
Not wanting to get too far off topic, but... That's true of the VotD invasions, as long as you allow for lack of success as the other variable, sure. For the larger events... Which map will the higher level fighters go to? Which maps will the fighters win on, and which will they lose to the invasion?

I haven't run anywhere near as many events as Acelon, but I've done a few in my time... Scripted things where you stick to the script do end up feeling just like that: scripted. Some people may not mind that it's all pre-determined, but some people prefer that what happens really can have an impact (like the no drop day where there was a couple of hours of invasion, the fighters didn't drive off all monsters, so there were random invasions for the rest of the day).

It's good to consider as many options as possible before-hand, but the ability to adapt and ad-lib can bring a lot to a performance.

But anyway, back to topic :icon13:

I do get your point ttl, but i still believe for the most part things can be predicted, perhaps 2 or 3 possible routes/scripts based on the few most likely chains of events... but none of this addresses the main point of my suggestion; that if the invasions are at least vaguely scripted with a couple of contingency scripts for odd/unexpected events, and a couple of other people look over it and make suggestions (if any), i expect it would stop any kind of mistake like this from happening again.

EDIT:

Scripted things where you stick to the script do end up feeling just like that: scripted. Some people may not mind that it's all pre-determined, but some people prefer that what happens really can have an impact (like the no drop day where there was a couple of hours of invasion, the fighters didn't drive off all monsters, so there were random invasions for the rest of the day).
Perhaps to the host, but up until now i had no idea whether or not all previous invasions had been scripted. If your saying that in an invasion (specifically) scripting would have an impact on the participants, i certainly disagree. Edited by Korrode

Well, with regards to scripted invasions, just give me a couple of days to prepare everything and I'll open the scriptwriting process up to the public. You can all then test your theories on what you think a good invasion should be like. :icon13: Keep an eye on the Events Forum.

-Lyn-

EDIT: It's actually pretty similar to what you've suggested, Korrode.

Edited by Lyanna

Well, the decisions done and dusted but I will still throw in to teh pot since its evidently the trend to do so.

Since I like both Luci and Acelon I am pretty unbiased regarding perceived "sides"...but I DO think its an unreasonable expectation for anyone, regardless of whether a mod or otherwise, to Roleplay a God of Attack and be expected Not to attack when in a PK map.

Whilst I understand the whole "mods must not abuse their power" point of view and that there was some grounds for misunderstanding with regards the #BC given, it still seems out of character for the Attack God (REGARDLESS of who is running it) to be fettered from pking in a PK map.

Entropy, I take onboard your other points regarding the "vengeful god" extremes, however the Attack side is certainly one major flaw in that Gods' ingame role, and the playing of the role by a person is gonna seriously conflict with those very rules that Acelon has broken by being faithful to the role. It's like Selain showing up and not being allowed to summon in an invasion in case his summons wander thru a "populated area" it just clashes with normal ingame rules. However, teh point has been argued and the ruling made already, I am merely posting up in an effort to show I support Acelon (even if he has pwnd me many times in invasions!!GRRR)

Luci ya know this is an unbiased posting regarding my take on this issue, since I am not one of the "i h8 irl richzorz game-spoiler" types, I happen to enjoy even more of EL BECAUSE of the irl rich folks helping the game AND me when i need to sell st00f.

Muff/conovar: whens the EL wedding? :icon13:

Muff/conovar: whens the EL wedding? :hug:

LoL :icon13:

Wedding about 30seconds after he PK's me first chance he gets :omg: (and im not wearing the dress )

sorry, cant resist commenting on felessan remark.

Well. Luci, and all you Noob Bashers.....How does it feel.

not very good considering that you have to work hard either in game or outa game for items and stats to lose to unbeatable oppnent. who, intentionally or not , was breaking rules

Buy your way to the top, buy your hydro nexus, buy your nexus removal stones. Get very very strong,

im sure he spends more time and works harder outa game to afford those than you do in game. you should actually be thankful that some ppl are passionate enough to spend their hard earned money so you can mooch for free.

go out and branch, bash, smeg everyone in sight,,,its fun to be on top..

yes, games with pk attributes are meant for that. its not too late to go play super mario if that kind of stuff upsets you

then...one second you jump into a battel that you mathematicly cant win. Mortos pks you for a rosto, and you cry like a IP newb about (umm big mean acelon in a fun event took my rosto).

yes bc losing items and stats (weather intentionally or not) to someone breaking the rules isnt right no matter how evil rich irl they are.

Well for someone that can afford 30+ Nexus removal stones..please stop whining.

guess what, working irl to buy it is harder work than ur lupine pickin

Was it fair you got pawned by a mod bot?..no.

exactly the point

Was it fair you attack any one you see in sight?

yes, its nature of pk

good on you. there are a lot of smiling faces to see you attacked by mortos.

yes this is true, tho wrong and against the rules, im sure many ppl grinned ear to ear to hear of this. nothing wrong there.

Count your blessings mortos didnt branch your new Dragon armor into nakedness.

too dumb to comment on

but on topic, its a shame this happened bc i respect acelon, he has contributed much. im sure it wasnt intentional by him, but he has moded long enough to know how even unintentional rule breaking is treated. i would hope that this all goes by the wayside and he would host more great invasions in the future.

Certainly you shouldn't lose PK points against a blessed character or bot (Guardbots). As there is a lower bound on PK points (min A+D), there should be an upper bound (blessed attributes).

Just to pick up that issue - since things now seem to be sorted out, how about adding an upper bound? Or are guardbots supposed to get PK points?

note: luci if you thought my posts were personal attacks on you or your character i do appologise that was never the case was just putting over a differant view than your own.

When I hit Asgnny and your guildies with the branch of destruction 10x for every one of ur flames I'll tell them its not a personal attack, i just have a different opinion on how to treat an ally.

i just have a different opinion on how to treat an ally.

You don't have allies ;)

About the main topic luciferx is right and proper action was taken by the gods, so nothing more to do here. Thread should be locked.

Short notes:

• 1. It was GILEAN not GILLIAN;
    2. Yup, I admit, I've sent you to Underworlds, but: a. it was a misclick (try to host an PK event with many people running around you and not to misclick them); b. you did not lose any item or material points or spiritual points (this is how the 'Green Name' mode works; c. you got zapped back in second I realized/was told about the accident;
    3. As far as I remember the accident happened arond 12 months ago (yup, this make around 1 year), but I guess some people has a very long memory (yet, corrupted with time);
    4. To avoid similiar incidents I will cease running any events that may cause similar problems.

Not sure why these two incidents were put together, though. Nonetheless, I can only repeat my own words from that time: I do apologise, it was an accident.

Not that it does change anything. Seems some people can't accept the fact mistakes happens and keep groaning about them.

Regards,

Vanyel/Gilean(not GILLIAN)/Anshar

<edit>

GILLIAN?!!?? I feel personally insulted with this one:/ I may have no taste if it comes to choosing names, but this one was chosen by a very best friend:/ Shame on you for misspelling it:/

Edited by Anshar

<edit>

GILLIAN?!!?? I feel personally insulted with this one:/ I may have no taste if it comes to choosing names, but this one was chosen by a very best friend:/ Shame on you for misspelling it:/

Get over it, it's a spelling mistake ;)

Anyhow, it's easy to make mistakes in such a situation. Running invasions is not easy. What with running commands, replying to PMs, teleporting and attempting to Roleplay, and anything else that comes along. Whilst I think Entropy definitely made the right decision on this, I can sympathise with those involved.

All's well that ends well :)

[EDIT]

Grammar >.<

Edited by Placid

those who complain about USD players really shouldnt, they support the game and provide a service for many other players who do not have USD to burn keeping the game free, i know how you feel i used to feel the same but these days i realise their importance to the game and they really should be respected for that.

it was wrong what mortos did but for my own selfish reasons im glad he did and wish you had branched him ;) muhahahaha :)