Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

OMG, the PK is dead!

lol who said pk is dead? i love pk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but to many pkers....... and rosto's make it a little boring. can't get anygood items in pvp when all u get is nothing.

I have contently read these posts, and finally the pros and cons have come out before the people who make things change. I have faith that pk will change for the better, and it will finally become fun, instead of stressful. :P

Unfortunately I can not offer any advice, for I have not pk'ed as a high level and have not faced such things as summoning stones. I am excited to see the potential that EL has as a game, I cannot wait to see what happens in the future with the game. So far EL is the best MMO I have EVER played.

I cannot wait for real pking, because I see that now the people's ideas are being presented.

Good work so far, and Good work for the updates to come, because I foresee they will be pleasing.

Thanks Radu and Roja :)

@Ghengas,

I do not see how changing the way rostos work will fix pk, it will only make it worse. The people like luci that would have 80% of the rostos and they will become so cheap that everyone will have them, which will not fix anything. Whats the point of wanting a rosto (Which was your point of pking) if they are cheap and everyone has them.

"so making this change would 1) help the economy, 2) make pk more affordable, 3) give players a solid reason to pk, and 4) shut me up."

1) The rostos wouldn't be worth anything so it wouldn't help the economy

2) Making rostos less rare and making them a 100% drop doesn't fix the fact that things break in PK (By BRoD, GSmace, or just by random chance) which is probably once of the bigger costs of pk. Summoning stones is another way people lose money in pk. say playerX has a summoning stone and playerY does not, there is a good chance that playerY will most likely not win just because the fight is not equal. So playerY decides to buy summon stones just to make it a fair fight with playerX, all this draining cash from playerX and playerY. So pk would still be quite expensive.

*I post my views on the topic, they are not there to offend anyone, and only show my opinion (of which you are free to ignore) :)*

Happy posting

EDIT:

The only suggestion I have to make pk more fun for lower levels like myself is to make pk'ing more level ranged (Like the capped arenas, of which I was joyous to see implemented into the game). Maybe evolve this arena capping more? (E.G. making more arenas or even maps with different level caps. I can only think of two capped arenas being DP at 40 and Naralik being 60) Maybe increase the amount of capped arenas, I have only visited the 60 cap arena and it was empty each time (Reason being that it was out of the way, or even not well known?). Because I cannot fight in the DP arena, and see no one at the level 60 cap arena (of which I would still have to TS to enter) there is really no option for the pk I would enjoy, because it truly is fun to fight with people your own level w/o having to face summons.

I <3 the person who actually decided to implement the existing capped arenas. :pinch:

Edited by -Atlas-

lol who said pk is dead? i love pk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but to many pkers....... and rosto's make it a little boring. can't get anygood items in pvp when all u get is nothing.

erm..Have you ever been in a pk map? Whether you love pk with 100 !'s is not the question, what the topic here is about is about pk..or rather the lack thereof. There isn't too many pk'ers, I lasted quite a good time at the merc spawn yesterday w/o even seeing anyone. Rosto isn't a problem, before all this new stuff was added there was plenty of people PK'ing, wasn't uncommon to walk in KF and see 10 people there.

ya you are right. no one is in KF. :P it's sorta sad. but no one actually said "pk is dead" (Expt radu)

wat can we do about this? there needs to be somthing to make people want to pk more often. i sugest that after you get in a fight your get special exp which goes to a level that is meant for getting specail items like swords or armor. example er nvm this is not right place for that but i'll ppost it in Sugestions later :pinch:

The only suggestion I have to make pk more fun for lower levels like myself is to make pk'ing more level ranged (Like the capped arenas, of which I was joyous to see implemented into the game). Maybe evolve this arena capping more? (E.G. making more arenas or even maps with different level caps. I can only think of two capped arenas being DP at 40 and Naralik being 60) Maybe increase the amount of capped arenas, I have only visited the 60 cap arena and it was empty each time (Reason being that it was out of the way, or even not well known?). Because I cannot fight in the DP arena, and see no one at the level 60 cap arena (of which I would still have to TS to enter) there is really no option for the pk I would enjoy, because it truly is fun to fight with people your own level w/o having to face summons.

I <3 the person who actually decided to implement the existing capped arenas. :medieval:

I definitely have to agree here.

DP arena is a success, as far as I can tell. What if an entire map were to be pk only below a certain level, and perhaps arenas for 80's, 100's and 120's too? It would allow lower levels to pk for fun. Maybe Tahraji desert?

Of course, there must always be 'free for all' areas where it actually pays off to be high level and certainly any valuable resources (imbroglio islands and any future map with similar stuff) should be in such areas. We will all gladly risk a trip through imbroglio islands despite the people who might be there.

Personally I think, the main reason is lack of benefit in PK. The fun of PK is the benefit as well, but as it was mentioned, it is expensive fun, so people don't want to have it often.

I disagree with guild alliance part. If there would be strong benefits in PK, guilds would compete for these, and the big wars would begin.

The current benefits in PK are:

• hydrogenium - cool as is IMHO, in order to harvest you need to cross PK
  • Mercury in KF - almost defeated now, because its hard to haul it to WS hazard. sto
  • Good monster spawns - if you lack spawns, you may go to PK, true. But those are similar to ordinary ones. How about adding really good spawns (i.e. double at the same place)? Current examples: armed orc cave in EVTR

In my opinion, if you improve these benefits/add new, people would risk to get these benefits, in any armor/weapons they can afford

Personally I think, the main reason is lack of benefit in PK. The fun of PK is the benefit as well, but as it was mentioned, it is expensive fun, so people don't want to have it often.

I disagree with guild alliance part. If there would be strong benefits in PK, guilds would compete for these, and the big wars would begin.

The current benefits in PK are:

• hydrogenium - cool as is IMHO, in order to harvest you need to cross PK
  • Mercury in KF - almost defeated now, because its hard to haul it to WS hazard. sto
  • Good monster spawns - if you lack spawns, you may go to PK, true. But those are similar to ordinary ones. How about adding really good spawns (i.e. double at the same place)? Current examples: armed orc cave in EVTR

In my opinion, if you improve these benefits/add new, people would risk to get these benefits, in any armor/weapons they can afford

Hydrogenium and wolframite are allready in pk maps. Don't forget that there are players that dont like to fight and the game doesnt belong to pker's. Non pker's have the right to have fun too.

I didnt see any serious pk fights between newbies in nc pk cave, any pk action in the crypt with the 2 ogres in c2, not even in PV pk cave.

... it's sorta sad. but no one actually said "pk is dead" (Expt radu)

I've heard several high-level and respected players say this in-game.

I don't know if it's true or not, but there clearly are some issues that need to be addressed to draw people back into PK again.

Guest ohmygod

No drop day today for me = 92 kills 35 deaths.

I dare someone to tell me this day did not make more people go pking.

No drop day today for me = 92 kills 35 deaths.

I dare someone to tell me this day did not make more people go pking.

Ok, I'll do it :D

More action, that's true. But more annoying as normal days, esp. if your guildie comes BRoDing. :D

Oh well, was fun anyway so it's all good.

-Blee

As opposed to the real benefit of having gold coins in a MMO...

Seriously, you should play the game to have fun, there is no other benefit to it.

Seriously, you should play the game to have fun, there is no other benefit to it.

True Ent, but your fun is limited if you only play in leather armors or go to kill some penguins. I think each player wants to save for better armor, cooler looking clothes, glowing swords, and also wants to try higher monsters in that :)

Hi Mora Here!!

PK was great this morning ! Everywhere I went loads of fun :) I pked more PPLS then I was pked by that was a plus. Lots of good fights and remarkable didnt run into any brods. No drop day and no brod day would be cool together. Wish we could have a couple of no drop days a week for both sides of the world, time zones are a factor. No drop days seem to bring people out on the fields of battle for a good time :hug:. Summer time less people on more outdoor activities, winter time more indoor people more on el more people pking I believe. So pk isnt dead :P Enjoy your EL :)

Mora Out !! :)

PK is fun, and I do it for fun.

But harving coal for 15 hours, because your armor breaks, is not very fun. If people find that fun, good for them.

I rather have some less fun (training), than having fun for say an hour of pk, and then have to click ground for 15 hours after that.

Also the fact that armor breaks, keeps me from trying out much stronger people. People with 60 coord on me, can break some armor in their first hit. Let alone, fighting with all you got, and not diss/tele them right away, what I do most of the time.

On PK there are winners and losers. From my opinion, there should be looked at it like: winners wins, what does he get/gain. At the moment it's like: the loser loses, what does he lose. In most cases, both parties lose. (Material wise) Thats it. Makes no point for me.

Edited by Manderijn

Yup, Nmt helps a lot, but I won't risk that too often, since people can come invisible and BroD you with their 20 bought pp's extra in coord. And those people hang around on pk a lot.

Got such a chap in my guild also, and he breaks armor very easy I think.

But what about: On PK there are winners and losers. From my opinion, there should be looked at it like: winners wins, what does he get/gain. At the moment it's like: the loser loses, what does he lose. In most cases, both parties lose. (Material wise) Thats it. Makes no point for me.

If we play for fun, why not make PK free? No breakage on pk, and pots/ess only have cooldown, but don't dissapear. Armor would become to commen, and in a while everyone might have special armor, but it would be fun I think. Only problem is that people could pvp without risk/costs.

On second hand, might dont make ess/pots free... :) just no breakage.

On third hand, maybe make armor degrade slowly, and be repairable for manuers, which requires ingreds or gold coins etc. But like every hit you take, breaks a certain armor like 0,1%. Would give problem of unique items.

Edited by Manderijn

Again, we make baseless comments. Here are ALL the NMT capes degraded since the history of EL (actually, since the end of last year):

Sun Dec 31 02:12:01 2006 Player Lorck lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Jan 21 22:31:59 2007 Player sMooMs lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Jan 28 02:35:29 2007 Player Acidic lost a No More Tears Cape

Wed Jan 31 06:54:36 2007 Player ziara lost a No More Tears Cape

Thu Feb 8 07:45:02 2007 Player Haunter lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Feb 25 20:15:53 2007 Player Karem lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Mar 18 12:50:14 2007 Player Siarato lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Mar 18 19:24:38 2007 Player Szogun lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Apr 1 01:17:03 2007 Player ToMmYKnOcKeR lost a No More Tears Cape

Mon Apr 2 00:57:41 2007 Player hades lost a No More Tears Cape

Fri Apr 6 20:32:58 2007 Player hades lost a No More Tears Cape

Tue Apr 10 12:50:28 2007 Player fenixbr lost a No More Tears Cape

Tue Apr 10 14:42:27 2007 Player Dushan lost a No More Tears Cape

Fri Apr 13 04:19:27 2007 Player Hatch lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Apr 15 15:39:34 2007 Player uLubatLi lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Apr 15 19:09:17 2007 Player gurgeh lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun May 20 22:35:25 2007 Player WarAxe lost a No More Tears Cape

Mon May 28 04:11:02 2007 Player Mistaken lost a No More Tears Cape

Wed Jun 13 22:34:04 2007 Player squiz lost a No More Tears Cape

Thu Jun 14 00:31:07 2007 Player gorik lost a No More Tears Cape

Of all this, only 7 lost due to BroD.

Nice log.

Okay, our baseless comments are: "NMT is main target for BroD."

That's a fact, I talked with people who use BroD, and their ultimate goal is BroDing a NMT cape. I knew already there wouldn't be tons of NMT destroyed by BroD. Since major coord and/or luck is needed, and since people dis/tele/flee/put on CotI(??) (red cape), right away when they see a BroD. 7 Is MORE than I espected.

Another comment about NMT: "Yup, Nmt helps a lot, but I won't risk that too often, since people can come invisible and BroD you with their 20 bought pp's extra in coord. And those people hang around on pk a lot."

This is the result of the first comment. If people do wear NMT's on pk, more will break. And personally I ain't risking being the number 8th, and losing an item worth 80 hours of harving.

I guess the armor just has to break, since players play this game by making it, which differs from other games, which is good. Maybe an idea for a repair skill, which I thought engineering was gonna be. Repairing armor now is like throwing a dice. And the new dragon plate can go from Perfect State, 1 hit, Armor poofed. Not even some ingreds left :)

Gonna sleep.

I own a brod and thats my deciding factor or not to brod someone. Most likely if they have NMT, i figure may as well help out economy and brod it :D . Thats my main target tho and my goal.

Dont get me wrong tho, i dont go and brod everyone, just people i dont like :devlish:

ALSO, one reason I think that alot of nmts arent broded is b/c as Mango said, people dont take them to pk. I know I sure as hell dont. Thats along with the problem of finding someone to pk

Edited by Kidberg7

PK was great this morning ! Everywhere I went loads of fun :devlish: . Lots of good fights and remarkable didnt run into any brods. No drop day and no brod day would be cool together. factor. No drop days seem to bring people out on the fields of battle for a good time :D.

100% true

So pk isnt dead :D

Yup, pk is very alive, in no drop days when no1 uses brod.

For all newbies that didnt tasted pking 1,5-2years ago or even before: back then pk maps were full every day like in that no drop day we had yesterday.

mp

I think Brod sux, already got branched and not for that i bought one and search for revenge, i think everybody who have a little conscience and like to pk should do the same, say no to those damn weapons