Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Summon Arena, summons not fighting

Reported by: Snosrap of guild HIM

Vrum of guild Idle summoned about 20 boars. All boars showing guild tag (IDLE) but just standing in side by side rows, not moving.

Could it be summon stone vs summon magic? No stones for boar

Correlation: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29935 ??

I noticed the same thing and wondered about it. I haven't tried it but I have a hypothesis that if you stand near the edge to summon, the summoned creature attempts to spawn outside the summoning arena's boundaries (as defined to the server). The server tries to place the summon in the stone wall, finds that it is unwalkable so it relocates the summon inside the arena but doesn't get the "attack same guild summons" property . . .

If I get a chance I'll test my hypothesis.

Got same thing with 2 different peoples.

Found that my summons can attack their summons (then they defend normally).

But this strange summons don't attack first my guild summons or even move.

And I tried to replay that effect by summoning at the corner of arena, but had no luck with it.

I noticed the same thing and wondered about it. I haven't tried it but I have a hypothesis that if you stand near the edge to summon, the summoned creature attempts to spawn outside the summoning arena's boundaries (as defined to the server). The server tries to place the summon in the stone wall, finds that it is unwalkable so it relocates the summon inside the arena but doesn't get the "attack same guild summons" property . . .

If I get a chance I'll test my hypothesis.

Nope that doesn't seem to be it . . . I did a bunch of summons on test server along the bottom and left edges of the Grahm's summoning arena and my summons all fought each other. I've seen other people's summons just sit there though in nice long rows . . .

Edited by Puntif

Today I encountered the same, a big laod of boars from an IDLE member.

afbeelding3aj6.png

Here a screenie...

When I summon my own snakes, they kill eachother and they killed the boars aswell.

Edited by drakoon

At least one reason for this bug has been found (yet needs to be tested to be sure)

Player_A from Guild ABC: #set_ally_guild ABC

Note: setting his own guild as it's own ally

Summon at arena - summons are allies of themselves and thus won't attack each other.

Note: players who do this just to see what it's like to fill up summoning arenas would be breaking the rules by exploiting a minor bug, so please don't do it.

Also I can confirm that on Peace Day the summons my summons do not attack each other in the WS summoning arena.

Also I can confirm that on Peace Day the summons my summons do not attack each other in the WS summoning arena.

That's not a bug.

Vrum of guild Idle summoned about 20 boars. All boars showing guild tag (IDLE) but just standing in side by side rows, not moving.

Well, he is in the IDLE guild

sorry, couldn't help it :icon13: