Eternal Lands Official Forums

I tried to reproduce the bug with 2 bags, that you click on bag #2 to open it, but the char moves to bag #1 and opens that one.

I was both on the 2k and the test server kicking ogres, then wait for another ogre to attack me, to have 2 bags and try to reproduce that bug, but today, i failed on both servers.

Guess, this is a very rare bug, and at least it does not cause that much harm IMO.

2 things i have seen today:

On the test server, i was fighting ogres for like 30 minutes and got 1 iron broad sword, 1 iron battle hammer, 1 wooden battle hammer, 2 steel long swords and a ring building book. Nice, lets keep that drop rate for the update \o/

I *think* it was too on the test server. I opened a bag, clicked the "Get all" button and was very surprised why the inventory of the bag doesnt disappear. Then i saw that my inventory was empty but all my items are in the bag right now. The cursor was still at the "Get all" button, so i clicked twice and got all stuff back.

My inventory is close to the bottom left corner of the screen, the bags inventory is more at the top right corner, so the chance, that i clicked the "Drop all" button in my inventory is very low.

At that time my connection was laggy, no idea if that could have caused this effect.

Piper

I guess you are not able to reproduce the wrong bag ID bug because Alia fixed it, not because it is a rare bug.

And the Ogres drops hasn't been changed in ages...

Is there a mac version of the RC ?
There is some older one. I am sure 0ctane will release another one soon.

I am trying to work with Xaphier to fix shadow problems in the Mac client. NEW_E3D_FORMAT has caused a number of bugs and headaches. Some personal issues are getting in the way right now, so please be patient.

How severe are the OSX problems? Is the game playable or not? Because if it is, we might have to release it anyway, and have a patch for OSX later on..

How severe are the OSX problems? Is the game playable or not? Because if it is, we might have to release it anyway, and have a patch for OSX later on..

Shadow maps are completely unusable, maybe they should be disabled by #ifdef OSX86.

Normal shadows are sometimes wrong.

Everything else seems to work fine, but my test char is not able to fight monsters higher than wolf. Up to wolf fighting and blood effect and eye candy seems ok.

this application failed to start because sdl_image.dll was not found
same thing for me
yawl are using this in a folder with RC2 installed, right?

Just something I noticed on main, the fountain behind pv storage is giving me a headache, cause fps drops to 12 or less. I already cap it at 30, which solved most speed problems including the portals room and does not affect the game playability.

However, I cannot reproduce this on test and I think it is because there's no one else there. That's hardly ever the case at pv storage. So as a quick fix, would it be possible to 'enable/disable' fountains under eye candy, cause this is the only spot where it's really noticable, so turning off eye candy would be too much.

Made some tiger stones, but didnt appear in statistics/counter/summon.

Just something I noticed on main, the fountain behind pv storage is giving me a headache, cause fps drops to 12 or less. ... However, I cannot reproduce this on test and I think it is because there's no one else there.

How does that work? The fountain doesn't care who's around it.

Edited by KarenRei

No, but there is always a much larger load when there are lots of actors around being drawn. That added to the effect of the fountain could be enough to slow things down noticably, even when both individually aren't an issue.

No, but there is always a much larger load when there are lots of actors around being drawn. That added to the effect of the fountain could be enough to slow things down noticably, even when both individually aren't an issue.

That and remote heals/heals/restores being cast. Even after the casting stopped, but people kept walking up and down storage, fps stayed at 12. I disabled eyecandy and it took the client a few seconds to catch up again, so people walking up and down would walk in bursts till it settled.

That whole area of pv around the storage and north of the river sends my puter into cpu meltdown at the best of times anyway, has since before eye candy. I can be the only person there and it still sends the puter batty

S.

That whole area of pv around the storage and north of the river sends my puter into cpu meltdown at the best of times anyway, has since before eye candy. I can be the only person there and it still sends the puter batty

Sure it's the CPU? My core2duo runs at around 25% at PV sto, the GPU (ATI X1600) seems to be the limiting component.

Are you in Perspective mode and able to see a lot of things? Settings like that will kill you on many maps unless you have a powerful computer.

Well, there were all kind of improvements to the client, so some of them can rise the speed, and some lower it. What system do you have anyway?

AMD 2200+

1024 MB RAM

GF 4200ti

Windows XP

Previous client ran fine, so I doubt I played 2 years with lower speed as it should be.

It runs very smooth, but speed is rly too high somehow.

I have the same thing, looks kind of 'slapstick' like LOL.

AMD 800

512 RAM

Windows XP

Nvidia Gforce2-something or other, latest drivers installed ;-)

S.

That's a separate issue, you will notice that at every area with a lot of harvestables packed together. Like the red carpet area in the Aeth Alfan fortress. Just means your computer is too slow. Not sure what you normally have for fps, but you shouldn't experience slowdowns when you cap FPS at 30, except the bridge with the tree and tiger lillies, there it usually drops to 25 for me too, for reasons mentioned above.

What I'm experiencing is fixed when disabling eye candy and I'm 99% sure it's the fountain, but on the off-chance it is lots of spell casting in a crowded area, would be nice to rule that out. Also, the fountain under the waterfall at Aeth Alfan cave makes it very hard to get the right cursor to enter/exit the cave, so that's a second reason for it ;)

[edit]s/engrish/english/[/edit]

Edited by RallosZek

after xaphier's change, on CVS, I get the "your card supports all features" message

when looking for the intel-darkness bug, I found:

cave entrance at iscarlith, 86,53, object id 919, RC2/test server, I came out, but trying to go back in gave the "too far away" message

Those with CPU/fountain problems: try lowering "max idle cycles per second".

Yeah, if your CPU was so slow that just having extra players on was a slowdown before, then you're really going to have trouble with particle systems. This option lets you make the particle locations update less often than your computer draws frames.

Edited by KarenRei

Well, here's the patch, since I like choices. Only works when you change maps, as far as I can tell, cause there's no var change event, nor out of sight/range event that could destroy/deactivate the fountain. Good enough for me though.

Index: elconfig.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/elc/elc/elconfig.c,v
retrieving revision 1.186
diff -u -r1.186 elconfig.c
--- elconfig.c  20 May 2007 21:58:03 -0000	  1.186
+++ elconfig.c  27 May 2007 12:37:29 -0000
@@ -1219,6 +1219,7 @@
	add_var(FLOAT,"max_ec_framerate","ecmaxf",&max_ec_framerate,change_max_ec_framerate,45,"Max eye candy framerate","If your framerate is above this amount, eye candy will use maximum detail.",ECTAB,2.0,FLT_MAX,1.0);
	add_var(FLOAT,"min_ec_framerate","ecminf",&min_ec_framerate,change_min_ec_framerate,15,"Min eye candy framerate","If your framerate is below this amount, eye candy will use minimum detail.",ECTAB,1.0,FLT_MAX,1.0);
	add_var(INT,"light_columns_threshold","lct",&light_columns_threshold,change_int,5,"Light columns threshold","If your framerate is below this amount, you will not get columns of light around teleportation effects (useful for slow systems).",ECTAB, 0, INT_MAX);
+	   add_var(BOOL,"enable fountains", "ecef",&enable_fountains,change_var,1,"Enable fountains","If your system has performance problems around fountains, turn this option off.",ECTAB);
	add_var(BOOL,"use_fancy_smoke","ufs",&use_fancy_smoke,change_var,0,"Use fancy smoke","If your system has performance problems around chimney smoke, turn this option off.",ECTAB);
	add_var(INT,"max_idle_cycles_per_second","micps",&max_idle_cycles_per_second,change_int,40,"Max idle cycles per second","The eye candy 'idle' function, which moves particles around, will run no more than this often.  If your CPU is your limiting factor, lowering this can give you a higher framerate.  Raising it gives smoother particle motion (up to the limit of your framerate).",ECTAB, 1, INT_MAX);
 #endif
Index: eye_candy_wrapper.h
RCS file: /cvsroot/elc/elc/eye_candy_wrapper.h,v
retrieving revision 1.31
diff -u -r1.31 eye_candy_wrapper.h
--- eye_candy_wrapper.h 25 May 2007 15:54:29 -0000	  1.31
+++ eye_candy_wrapper.h 27 May 2007 12:37:29 -0000
@@ -54,6 +54,7 @@
extern int transparency_resolution_fix;
extern int light_columns_threshold;
extern int use_fancy_smoke;
+extern int enable_fountains;
extern int max_idle_cycles_per_second;
#endif

Index: eye_candy_wrapper.cpp
RCS file: /cvsroot/elc/elc/eye_candy_wrapper.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.62
diff -u -r1.62 eye_candy_wrapper.cpp
--- eye_candy_wrapper.cpp	   25 May 2007 15:54:29 -0000	  1.62
+++ eye_candy_wrapper.cpp	   27 May 2007 12:37:31 -0000
@@ -26,6 +26,7 @@
  float max_ec_framerate = 37.0;
  int transparency_resolution_fix = 0;
  int light_columns_threshold = 5;
+  int enable_fountains = 1;
  int use_fancy_smoke = 1;
  int max_idle_cycles_per_second = 40;
}
@@ -1047,11 +1048,18 @@

extern "C" ec_reference ec_create_fountain(float x, float y, float z, float base_height, int backlit, float scale, int LOD)
{
-  ec_internal_reference* ret = (ec_internal_reference*)ec_create_generic();
-  ret->position = ec::Vec3(x, z, -y);
-  ret->effect = new ec::FountainEffect(&eye_candy, &ret->dead, &ret->position, (bool)backlit, base_height, scale, LOD);
-  eye_candy.push_back_effect(ret->effect);
-  return (ec_reference)ret;
+  if(enable_fountains)
+  {
+	ec_internal_reference* ret = (ec_internal_reference*)ec_create_generic();
+	ret->position = ec::Vec3(x, z, -y);
+	ret->effect = new ec::FountainEffect(&eye_candy, &ret->dead, &ret->position, (bool)backlit, base_height, scale, LOD);
+	eye_candy.push_back_effect(ret->effect);
+	return (ec_reference)ret;
+  }
+  else
+  {
+	return NULL;
+  }
}

extern "C" ec_reference ec_create_harvesting_radon_pouch(float x, float y, float z, int LOD)

Before I put this in, I want people to try lowering max eye candy framerate. If that fixes it (which it should; that's what it was designed for), no need for a new option.

No, we shouldn't have option like turn fountains on/off. People should see the same things, at least as far as their hardware

allows it. It might be much more preferable to change number of particles, for example options like

min/max eyecandy framerate helps a bit.

Well, you'd need to get people together on test at PV storage then, to be able to see if it helps.

So it's a matter of bad defaults? Cause my card 'supports more then the default requirements'.

And FYI, max eye candy frame rate can't be lowered. It's at it's minimum (20) and particle percentage at 60.

Edited by RallosZek