Eternal Lands Official Forums

This is an exe only update for the RC2 which can be found here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34304

So please download that, then download this http://el.beplacid.com/downloads/el.zip and unzip it in the directory where you had RC2, overwritting the old exe.

If you don't know what that means, please do not do it, or else you risk getting baned from the test server and from the forums.

Linux users, just compile the latest CVS, there is no need for extra data files besides for the RC2.

Please report any bugs here, and also report the message you get regarding the support for the future version.

Also, please report if you witness more, less or same resyncs.

note: I just had the fight crash on ogres with main server with -DDYNAMIC_ANIMATIONS but not -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION or -DIDLE_FIX ... I'll report if I get another crash without any of the above

Ah, so there is another thread :) I was wondering why the last was locked.

Last night, I committed a fix that *may* (operative term being "may") fix the blackness issue. Probably not, but it could. The thing is, since nobody has been able to reproduce the blackness issue who can get debugging info, I have no way of knowing even what part of EL's code the problem is.

I'll note that the blackness seems not only to occur on Intel cards, but specifically Intel for *Windows*. I run an Intel card in Linux and have no problems (apart from appalling speed)

Should I post map bugs as well?

If so: White Stone Chapel (You are in White Stone [173, 117] (must be insides though as there's no map)), door works only from the outside (you need to rotate view and click the outer side of the door).

edit: test server, latest cvs, rc2 data dir

Edited by Ermabwed

Installed R4, 1st thing I noticed, is the highly increased speed...

My chars kicks like twice as fast as in normal client.

Dont know if this is a featrue, but it seems a bit ridicilous fast to be.

Well, there were all kind of improvements to the client, so some of them can rise the speed, and some lower it. What system do you have anyway?

Well, there were all kind of improvements to the client, so some of them can rise the speed, and some lower it. What system do you have anyway?

AMD 2200+

1024 MB RAM

GF 4200ti

Windows XP

Previous client ran fine, so I doubt I played 2 years with lower speed as it should be.

It runs very smooth, but speed is rly too high somehow.

RC4 was compiled with DYNAMIC_ANIMATIONS right? That's what makes the actors fight much faster and without resyncs. It's not about system specs.

affreckles:

Maybe time to read the instructions..?

RC4 was compiled with DYNAMIC_ANIMATIONS right? That's what makes the actors fight much faster and without resyncs. It's not about system specs.

No, it was compiled WITHOUT it. I noticed no resyncs without that options, but some resyncs with it. Other people reported the opposite, so that's why I asked people about their resyncs.

fog-problem.jpg

[19:42:56] Your graphic card supports all features el will use in the future.

[19:42:56] Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

[19:42:56] Shadow map size not supported! Shadow map size reduced to 512!

[19:43:13] Connecting to Server...

[19:43:38] Test Server!

[19:44:42] Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

[19:44:43] Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

[19:45:08] To Idaloran

[19:46:35] Video card: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE2

[19:46:35] Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

[19:46:35] OpenGL Version: 1.5.2

I got this with fog on in idaloran. I tried anitora also, same result

Edit: * i wonder about the shadow map size reduce: I set it already on 512!

edit 2 : forgot the settings i used:

tab video : fullscreen

details tab: only special effects is on. and particles is reduced to 90

advanced video: only mipmaps is off and (off course) frame buffer support

eyecandy: everything is on.

Edited by niemand

It's actually NEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION that introduces the delay in actor definition. DYNAMIC_ANIMATION was added in nov 2006 and I haven't seen any changes to actor fighting speed and never compiled my cvs clients with it.

So, if there's any speed change, without DYNAMIC_ANIMATIONS, then NEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION must be missing as well.

@niemand

Do you get that with the fog off?

no, with fog on. but i didn't have that with rc2 (didn't have time tot test rc3)

Edit: I did some testing with the settings. I think it is the combination of shadow mapping en fog rendering. with shadow mapping off and render fog on the "bug" doesn't occur. With both on i get that strange effect you see on the screenie.

Edited by niemand

not sure if this is intentional/a map bug/has already been reported, but when leaving the fortress i end up in the north east part of aa. this happened to me with rc4 from cvs and rc2 data files on the test server.

[21:55:04] You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [142,225]

[21:55:19] You go down the stairway and enter a small hall with a closed gate.

[21:55:23] You are in Lothalith Fortress. [38,25]

[21:55:29] You take the stairs to the fortress courtyard.

[21:55:33] You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [145,244]

I noticed today that when a caster is invisible I don't see his spell effects, which makes sense... However, when the invisible person teleports in, I see the destination teleport effect. I've verified this both with teleport to range and with the invisible person using the portals room to enter a map.