Eternal Lands Official Forums
Granknight

You know yoy play EL too much when...

I have to be honest at that one... since i start playing for a bit longer.. i dont laugh really anymore.. i dont

THINK "lol", "rofl" and "lmao"... i actually say that when something is funny... guess that makes me a geek

:P

eep i dont wanna go like that i still laugh but i think the word lol in my head and have ocasionaly said lol irl and then regret it :) lol

Edited by thelethalmoo

-You walk everywhere because you claim running is not implimented yet.

-You sit at school wondering what you are going to harvest.

-You day dream about killing rabbits, skinning them and making gloves out of thier furs.

(Okay so not very good but I have done 2/3 lol)

Edited by Kieran13

You go shopping for clothes or look at a magazine and ask yourself "Is my nexus high enough to wear that?" (I did that during school shopping)

You wish you could #beam me when your at school and hope you go home.

When a friend says/does something funny and instead of laughing you -in your mind- picture a lol and your right-hand ring finger twitches a lil bit.

When your invited to a friends house or you invite a friend over - you consider it PVP.

Before you go to sleep you want to give Gossip the 'remind' command for you in the morning.

You mentally call yourself by your character name (like conavar does).

You don't want to do yard work because your scared you'll hit a radon pouch.

Finally, You know you play EL too much when you turn on the TV/radio or read the newspaper to see if theres a 'special day' today. (I'm having trouble with this one the most LOL).

I have to be honest at that one... since i start playing for a bit longer.. i dont laugh really anymore.. i dont

THINK "lol", "rofl" and "lmao"... i actually say that when something is funny... guess that makes me a geek

:omg:

I thought i was the only one :o

- You find yourself saying "yaaaaay" in RL all the time and throw up your arms to resemble \o/

Oh god, I actually did that yesterday. However, as I play EL much less now than I used to, I'm finally free of actually thinking in acronyms.

- Being AFK on the phone and dropping it when you see an invasion warning. (How do you explain that to your aunt?)

- You have to restrain the urge to talk about things once considered 'normal' in the Corpus Opis guild chat.

- You have actually altered key.ini to suit your preferences. (Honestly, how many other people have actually done this?)

- You set logrotate to manage your chatlog.

- Finally, (Maybe unique in my case? Any other moderators/former moderators do this?) after moderating the newb channel, and only the newb channel from Jan '04 to Feb '07, I often find that I have typed 'Topic, please.' on IRC.

EDIT: Another which once occurred to me, maybe a year ago: Almost saying 'inv' to a clerk.

Edited by crusadingknight

Here in germany the number plates of cars have a structure like this:

[city code, 1-3 letters]-[1-2 random letters]-[a 1-4 digit number]

And you know for sure that you should stop playing EL when you see NC, FE, WS, DP, EL, GP everywhere when you should better drive your car and have a look at the traffic :omg:

Same if you stop walking and look at a white rabbit and think why you just stop there and look at that white rabbit...

When you find yourself thinking in any situation, how much red wine you have at home. That may be a sign of that you have problems with or without alcohol, but if your 2nd thought is, how many sunflowers and rose quartz you have at home, you should really think, whats wrong :o

Listening to the hourly beep of your digital watch and think at once "omg, what to harvest now".

Being at a flower shop and *trying* to buy some flowers for your gf/wife/mother/auntie/etc an thinking about for how much you can sell them to other players.

Going to a shop to buy some nails and screws and come back with a good load of pickaxes and leather gloves.

Piper

lol VERY funny all of them :)

scary thing is that I do some of those things ;P

<edit>

when you ask someone where he is so you can buy something from him and he's at c2 and you're on c1 and you tell him that's a long walk and then you say : aah well I'll come I need to stretch my legs anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by Thorongil

- Your shirt / pants / boots fall in rags as you step on a small spider.

- You try to rotate the camera to see behind furniture without moving there.

- Your house is full of raw materials, ores, flowers, tools.

- You always and only sit cross legged.

- Your normal reaction upon seeing a rat is to kill it and keep the tail.

- While tending your garden, you suddenly find yourself teleported in your neibour yard.

- You try to heal wounded people at a distance.

- You plan a trip in the Himalaya because you're convinced you can take on the yeti all by yourself.

Edited by Baloney

when you see a fox/rabbit/deer/skunk/coon etc by the side of the road and wonder what n00b left all that valuable fur and bones lieing there >.<

and a little story... the headline of our local paper recently said "coal mining comes to north iowa" my first thought was.... im over qualified :D

Now something what real happens(not all of course ;p):

-When u stay ahead of school and try to turn on magic immu

-When u wrie on any comunicator "//" (i know that was already)

-When u dream about nmt from fluff

-When u close eyes u monster/bag/any essence

-When u r cooking u r looking for mix window

-When u want to turn off computer u r press alt+x

-When u sleep on lesson and tells to friends u r afk

-When u try pm friend on lesson

Edited by brein

5)You go to tchernobyl to get the "i glow in the dark" perk.

6)You dont want to work with your computer because you're afraid to lose the ingredients.

7)When you go to Australia you say you're travelling to C2.

8)You don't want to exit your house because you got the hellspawn perk.

and a little story... the headline of our local paper recently said "coal mining comes to north iowa" my first thought was.... im over qualified :devlish:

did you say "#gm what map is iowa then?" then? :icon13:

When I walked into the girls changing rooms in my local swimming pool thinking i'd drunk an invisibilty potion... :devlish:

Then when they started screaming "Arrrggghh you pervert get out" they must've drunk True sight :icon13:

Some not so funny things :P (many repeats)...

Yes, when your friends in messenger can see "kailo is typing a message" because you hit '

When you decide to re-type a line in messenger and close the conversation because you hit ESC

Yes, when you cannot express your joy except in the text "lol :D" which is silly spoken, so you just say nothing

When you can't run anywhere

When you have to sit in a meditating posture to mix yourself a sandwich

When you think it would be cool to wear a black cape

When you go camping and don't help feed the campfire unless the branches are in one handy pile and, staring into the campfire, reminds you of Oblivion

When you are joking in a conversation; so you make an ":P" face, looking very silly :P

When you are enjoying being with friends, you sit also in meditation posture, apparently emotionless...

When you meet a friend and almost say *hugs*

Tho some of these seem like extremes, almost all are sadly true...

when your friends in messenger can see "kailo is typing a message" because you hit '

When you decide to re-type a line in messenger and close the conversation because you hit ESC

u have no idea how many times ive done that, especially the latter :P

you keep typing " // " when talking in msn.. not kidding, i start doing that a lot at times now :wub:

or @

lmao i do that too :S

and my friends are like "wtf are you doing?"

"twitch in my hand"

"every time u type?" :wub:

When you meet a friend and almost say *hugs*

Tho some of these seem like extremes, almost all are sadly true...

ummm i do say *hugs* in real life :P

lol another one I did recently:

watched some vids on youtube and tried rotating the camera and zooming in to see better. Also tried closing inventory

LOL :)

When you allow your fifth grader to stay home from school...

because day of joule starts while he's getting ready....

(yes, i actually did!) LOL

When you get banned and do everything to get unbanned again \o/