Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttlanhil

insufficient server delay on player actions?

to demonstrate there's a problem (either server-side, or players are walking too slow on the client, which would end up causing pathing problems):

from a bit of a distance, click to pick up a bag. the bag window will open when you're still a few steps away

I tested this just now. for a slightly older one, that I don't believe has changed:

go somewhere you can fight something, anything, preferably maze-ish. attack-click something so that you'll have to walk around objects to get to it (not required, but helps show the problem)

before you get to your enemy, it will start doing fight animations, and you'll probably start getting XP notices (assuming you can kill it easily enough, etc)

little wonder the fighting animations are out of synch :icon13:

Maybe this is related, but you can also start harvesting things while you are still walking to them. You even receive exp notifications before you reach your final destination. Normally, walking makes you stop harvesting.

Maybe this is related, but you can also start harvesting things while you are still walking to them. You even receive exp notifications before you reach your final destination. Normally, walking makes you stop harvesting.

In addition, you can click to harvest while walking, and after reaching your final destination you receive the message that you are too far away. Edited by Lorck

Actor motion is not displayed by the client as it happens - there is some delay. The delay may be different for each actor you see. This causes stuff like being able to open bags before you appear to step on them and a combat appearing to continue after your opponent is dead.

When I first started playing this game all the actors appeared nicely synchronized. I remember being impressed by that at the time.