Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tico

Cook Meat upgrade after update

maybe a bot or npc that trades raw meat with cooked meat?
Any Tavern Keeper would (effectively) trade you five raw for one cooked meat.

Any bot could buy raw and sell cooked meat. But since they can already make a profit just trading the raw meat (to summoners, potionmakers, and people prepared to BBQ it themselves) -- would it be worthwhile?

As for interacting with map features to make things -- I suspect that more of this is planned in future.

well, perhaps the simplest option... when you use-with, if you have more of the raw meat, don't have the client un-select the raw meat? (same for any other use-with clicks)

it should be simple enough to do, but save probably 2/3 of the work

Just wondering if there were any plans to do this or if anyone knew of any objections to this approach.

well, perhaps the simplest option... when you use-with, if you have more of the raw meat, don't have the client un-select the raw meat? (same for any other use-with clicks)

it should be simple enough to do, but save probably 2/3 of the work

This is what I've always wanted to see...for the USE WITH item to "stick" to your mouse cursor if you have more than 1 and it gets used, or even if it doesn't get used. It's a pain to constantly go back to the inv. and re-click on it.

What if you held down CTRL to make it stick?

This is what I've always wanted to see...for the USE WITH item to "stick" to your mouse cursor if you have more than 1 and it gets used, or even if it doesn't get used. It's a pain to constantly go back to the inv. and re-click on it.

Ctrl was already used for dropping items, I've made it alt. It keeps the cursor always now when you hold alt, but I should probably also check if the item is still in your possession and if the USE_WITH succeeded. This is going to be a bit more difficult though, will have a look at it tomorrow.

Ctrl was already used for dropping items, I've made it alt. It keeps the cursor always now when you hold alt, but I should probably also check if the item is still in your possession and if the USE_WITH succeeded. This is going to be a bit more difficult though, will have a look at it tomorrow.

Grum, Alt click is "move window" in KDE and other X window managers please don't use it. Try Shift+Click

Yes I know Necro......But I used search button!!!!! mods will be happy :confused:

Anyways was reading several of these old postings on cooked meat. I like to use them for low level items but do find it a pain to click so many times to make.

Learner pointed out above that the client/server only recognizes one use with item per click sooooo combining that with other postings on using the frying pan (other threads) would it be possible to:

Click use with Frying pan on fire? Then if you have meat in your inventory it cooks 5 or 10? 10 might be to many but 5 would be slightly less annoying then having to click twice to make one cooked meat. And you would have to have at least the amount say 5 meat in your inventory otherwise you would get a message like "You don't have enough meat!!1!"

But I'm also interested in Roja's holding another key down to not have to constantly click the use with on the meat then the fire. Either way would be an improvement and I don't think it would ruin the economy to do this. Might even see the sale of cooked meat go up.

Also frying pan could break if that's possible to do randomly with the use with function dunno. there ya go my 2gc

oooooooooooooh......a use for frying pans....yes, please implement this so I can start filling orders. ;)

as long as you can sell raw meat for 4-5 and buy cooked meat for 5, that seems much effort for little benefit imho.

cooking meat is nice when you are a new player, but after that its not really needed.

my 0.02

as long as you can sell raw meat for 4-5 and buy cooked meat for 5, that seems much effort for little benefit imho.

cooking meat is nice when you are a new player, but after that its not really needed.

my 0.02

Some people just like to free up space in storage without having to interact with others. Selling the raw meat to players may be annoying for some.

Just proving something new can be done is worth something. It is something to build on.

If we can use a specific count of an item on another item, but only when you have a certain tool in your inventory, perhaps other similar tasks will come later on. This could lead to a more realistic gaming experience.

Hold up...this isn't about money, or how much profit you could make.

This is about giving an item (frying pan), an obvious purpose (cooking meat) with something that is already present in the game (cooking meat on burning fires). Although it's simple in concept it may be hard to program but think about what doors this could open in terms of having other items and giving them the ability to use with the environment with different outcomes to create a much more richer game playing (and realistic) experience.

PS: There's no way you can fit 10 meats on a small frying pan like that.

<CLIP>

No, but perhaps you could lower the pan down further into the fire without burning the meat.

These do seem to be cast iron frying pans, based on the ingredients. I think they have a steel handle and a cast iron cooking area.

Depends on the size of the meat too :pickaxe: I like me some McFeran Nuggets. But yeah 10 is pry to many at once unless some sort of time delay is added like with cooldowns on potions etc.

Depends on the size of the meat too :) I like me some McFeran Nuggets. But yeah 10 is pry to many at once unless some sort of time delay is added like with cooldowns on potions etc.

Time delay, huh? Makes sense.

Even a chance to fail.

"The meat is not cooked yet." (have to wait longer)

"Oops! You burned the meat!" (results in you losing 1 meat or getting 1 coal instead)