Eternal Lands Official Forums
dejan

A critic to the today's EL server update

rofl silverarrow should get ready to be the richest in el if this goes on like this :P

Also, stones like this give a chance for players that don't have cash to sell their stones for a LOT of gc! I see that as helping the people in other ways who aren't uber rich!

Totally agree with that one :D

I have to agree with this cause I found a will removal stone today, sold it, and I am now very very very very very very very very very (did I mention, very?) happy.

Also agree with what Ghrae said, the players that have been here 1-2 years or more should have some advantages over the newer players. I mean come on, a new born baby can't up and drive a car can it? It has to grow and learn before it gets to the driving part.

Everyone always bitched at Ent before they give anything a chance, hence pissing him off and bringing his wrath down upon everyone, even those of us that didn't bitch.

How many people bitched about cool down? How pissed did Ent get? How many people bitched about summoning stones? How pissed did Ent get? You know insanity can be defined as repeating the same action hoping for a different outcome. Why continue to anger Ent by bitching needlessly before giving things a chance? You know from the past he stands firm in his decisions and you are only going to piss him off.

All I'm saying is, chill out, just as in the past, the game will go on, no matter what we say or do. Once these stones have been in the game awhile, if Ent sees they are causing a problem, he will rectify the problem, just as he has done in the past.

Good update btw Ent, keep up the good work.

FYI, 11 stones have entered the game yesterday, only one of them being a nexus removal stone.

I am not sure if this rate is too high, will have to see what happens in the next few days, and how the market evolves. Ideally, I would like about 5 of them a day, on average.

FYI, 11 stones have entered the game yesterday, only one of them being a nexus removal stone.

I am not sure if this rate is too high, will have to see what happens in the next few days, and how the market evolves. Ideally, I would like about 5 of them a day, on average.

well, i guess you you have to take into account people ar going out of their way to harvest in an attempt to get one of the shiny new stones? Once they become old news intensity of harvesting will go down and with it, the stone per day rate. I assume....

Guest ohmygod

Maybe a system where you could be limited to buy like 2 stones on shop in each 6 months, or something like that.

If there was such a system there would be very few of those stones... like the stone is extremely rare itself and if the people who can afford it can buy 4 of those stones per year...

Well, and that is the way it should be, dunno if you noticed but the initial idea of the stones is to move pps not create "buyable" new pps. If the developers wanted buyable stats from the shop, they would offer buyable stats on the shop. :P

Dunno how relevent this is but:

http://www.devmaster.net/articles/mmorpg-p...ortem/part4.php

Selling Items

As I said earlier, just after the crash a player e-mailed me asking if we are willing to sell some in-game items for money. This was supposed to be our little secret but other players found out. While a few complained a little, we got more and more requests to sell in-game items for money. Eventually, everyone knew that we do that, and even though we didn't have any official price list, they already knew the prices. Months later, we finally decided to make that 'official' and put up a "shop page" with the price for the most common items. With the money we made we were able to 'pay' some of our volunteers (i.e. give them small monetary gifts), and a big part of the income will be spent soon for some more advertising and for renting a dedicated server once there will not be enough room for players on this server (I estimate this will happen in the summer).

About a month after selling the first item, a player approached us and asked if he can buy levels for money. I didn't know what to say, so I said "yes". It was supposed to be a really well guarded secret, but apparently the other players found out somehow. Then they complained a lot on the forums, and the vast majority disagreed with the practice, so we had to promise them that we will never again sell levels, experience, pick points, etc. in the game. I can't really blame them for being so outraged; I guess it is a little unfair for us to do that and many people view this practice as plain cheating.

I LOVE the fact that the stones give us the ability to move our oas/neg perk PP around and try different character setups to take advantage of the new attribute changes in game now and in future updates without the #reset. I am hoping that masses are able to have the oportunity too do this to should they desire and not just be reserved for the Elite players (like myself :D ). I know it is still early days and maybe in weeks to come we will see some tweaks to this effect. Or maybe not?

As it is now the stones will be too rare to make this possible and make a stone reset waay to costly for the above average joe.

Edited by ohmygod

well, i guess you you have to take into account people ar going out of their way to harvest in an attempt to get one of the shiny new stones? Once they become old news intensity of harvesting will go down and with it, the stone per day rate. I assume....

Yes, of course. That's why I am going to wait a few more days for a larger sample before I change the rate.

I have to agree with this cause I found a will removal stone today, sold it, and I am now very very very very very very very very very (did I mention, very?) happy.

How much did you sell it for? :)

How much did you sell it for? :)

enough :)

Yes, of course. That's why I am going to wait a few more days for a larger sample before I change the rate.

So i gotta to harvest all the time for those few days till the rate will be cut :/

Probably some other people will think the same.

Today we had 9 stones entering the game, one of them being a nexus removal stone. I expect it to go to 15 or so over the weekend.

This is a little more than I want, so at the next server update the rate will be decreased to average 5 a day.

this is very good update.still could use some tweeks.good job guys and girls.i think they sould be untradeable by players.end of story.

Edited by masterkenbo

I just have a simple question about the stones... Do they work when there are no PP invested in that skill like -> 0 Animal nexus and i use a Animal nex. removalstone will it go to -1 and give a PP (stay at 0 but give a PP) or just disappear ???

Also is it possible to go lower than the 4 PP normally found in a attribute ?

You then could create a 'NightBlind' char just by setting all attributes that have to do with perception to 0..

Well just a Q...

I always LuV updates.... changes are that what keeps the world turning

I just have a simple question about the stones... Do they work when there are no PP invested in that skill like -> 0 Animal nexus and i use a Animal nex. removalstone will it go to -1 and give a PP (stay at 0 but give a PP) or just disappear ???

You then could create a 'NightBlind' char just by setting all attributes that have to do with perception to 0..

Well just a Q...

I always LuV updates.... changes are that what keeps the world turning

We were joking about blind people with 0 perception just yesterday in #GM, so i am also very interested in the answers to these questions.

:) * Shoots himself in the foot*

I tested on the test server, you can't go lower than 4.