Eternal Lands Official Forums
shanglo

Yet another school shooting

never! It's a realy bad happening but some people go crazy about there problems and they think the only way is to kill the people who made the problems and later kill their self.

The politiks are too fool! They just say the killergames are the reason! Yes sure thats is very easy to say no one of them ever played a game like counter-strike!

They should make it harder to get weapons and look at the social problems!

Just realy stupid if something like that happens the first thing what is in the news! The person had counter-strike at his pc and other games like Doom! realy LoL :)

(this is the situation in germany)

korn

Edited by kornpro

i hate incidents like this. also, drugs are a hell of a increasing problem. i live in a place where people HAVE brought guns to school, but never use them. but people will go behind the school and smoke pot and things like that, its crazy!

Edited by Scullsyk

i hate incidents like this. also, drugs are a hell of a increasing problem. i live in a place where people HAVE brought guns to school, but never use them. but people will go behind the school and smoke pot and things like that, its crazy!

I'm pretty sure if more people would go behind school and smoke some pot, there would be no shootings or school violence of any kind...

-Vis

hmmm.... make gun possession tougher would solve this? The guy lines people up and executes his victims, after blocking emergency exits. He did fake 911 calls to see response time of the authorities. He had loads of ammo and who knows what other preparations he made. Conclusion, he is a methodical bastard who planned this in advance, not a jerk who goes on a rampage with the guns he just happens to have on him. You really naive enough to believe limiting gun possession would be effective? Getting a gun isn't that hard, it's at best more expensive if they make it harder for legal users.

Thats exactly why I love not living in America. Or any other country where shit like this happens.

You really naive enough to believe limiting gun possession would be effective? Getting a gun isn't that hard, it's at best more expensive if they make it harder for legal users.

Not really, if you have the twisted mind to kill several of the people at your school, then you're not holding back to grab a knife in your kitchen and stab someone down in a gun shop.. I guess.

Ent, I dunno if extra weapons are going to help, you'd need to learn the students to work with firearms. And then still, they're not soldiers. I doubt they could all keep their cool and shoot the fucker. More chance for them to miss and lost bullets could just hit even more innocents.

-Blee

I Agree 2000% with Ent, If people were not so afraid of guns, and were more apt to protecting themselves, this guy could have been the only one to die.

I think that the answer to this is actually more weapons. If the students had a gun, it would have been much easier to kill that motherfucker before he caused so much death aroudn him.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page...T20020917a.html

Yes I understand that was the opinion of various Pro-Gun clubs in Virginia " IF THE STUDENTS WHERE ARMED THEY COULD HAVE KILLED HIM BEFORE THE DEATH TOLL WAS TO HIGH "

Personally what a load of bollox. Whats to high ? Is one death ok aslong as the students can kill the gunman ?

Shouldnt it be a case of looking at the social problems and the reasons why events like this happen instead of arming everyone and what ever the Pro Gun lobby thinks easy access to firearms is one of the contributing factors.

Arming all students for self defense is wrong and would lead to more shootings. Eg 2 students have a fall out and fight now few cuts and bruises . what would happen if they were both armed . would one pull a gun to defend himself ? Then the other would pull his .

Put firearms in any situation and it soon escalates out of control ..

Was that n00b from china ?China man ?Or what .....if he is american he should die on the lighting chair , anyway i heard he is a china man , and they are not allowed to kill him.....

Edited by Masacru

Was that n00b from china ?China man ?Or what .....if he is american he should die on the lighting chair , anyway i heard he is a china man , and they are not allowed to kill him.....

Good job he shot himself then isnt it :devlish:

Years ago, I have mapped out the possibility for creating a bloodbath at my own workplace, and methods of doing so. The frightening conclusion is that a few suicide terrorists can kill dozens of people before the cops arrive. Especially if they barricade a few emergency exits, start a fire or do some other such things. Imagine this guy having had a full auto weapon, and consider availability of full auto stuff in the criminal circuit.

Having gun laws eased would mean security personnel can incapacitate or pin down a mad shooter before police arrives, while having stricter laws does hardly anything (in germany some guy did a school shooting regardless of gun control laws). Doesn't mean any idiot should be allowed to own dozens of guns, just the right people. After all, mad shooters, terrorists and criminals don't obey the law but security personnel must.

Having gun laws eased would mean security personnel can incapacitate or pin down a mad shooter before police arrives, while having stricter laws does hardly anything (in germany some guy did a school shooting regardless of gun control laws). Doesn't mean any idiot should be allowed to own dozens of guns, just the right people. After all, mad shooters, terrorists and criminals don't obey the law but security personnel must.

Yes and it has happened in England as well but not as often or as bad and at the moment ANY IDIOT can get a gun in America thats the problem

I think that the answer to this is actually more weapons. If the students had a gun, it would have been much easier to kill that motherfucker before he caused so much death aroudn him.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page...T20020917a.html

A co-worker sent me this one:

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts...

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,

Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent ;

Australia- wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.

(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns." You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. [i DID ]

DON'T BE A MEMBER OF THE SILENT MAJORITY.

BE ONE OF THE VOCAL MINORITY WHO WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN IN THE U.SA

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Its not the honest citizens thats the problem is it ? its the fact any deranged madmen can just walk in off the street and buy a gun. state of virginia background checks = none waiting time = none etc if people want to own guns thats fine but they should have to go through stringent tests/evaluation first.

and to be honest its to late, there are already to many guns on the street of the USA, tighter gun control wouldnt change that now, and sorry to say but its only a matter of time before this happens again and again

Edited by conavar

conavar, no one argues with the fact that mentally ill people shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

So yes, there should be some checks on who gets a gun, but those checks should be resonable, so that the average guy can get a gun.

You know, I used to be anti gun, sort of (not extreme, just thought it was a bad idea for everyone to have them). However, after seeing some documentaries about how the jews were taken from their homes and killed and sent to death camps, I couldn't help but think: would the nazis have done that if most of the jews had some semi automatic rifle?

Besides, it's fun to play with guns, I plan to get an AR 15 soon.

yes the Nazi's still would have because it was an army following orders, the jews with guns just would have ment german soldiers died as well , Hitler was determind to wipe out the Jews and if this had ment the death of a few of his troops dont think he would have minded

any gun test must be strict enough to stop the deranged from having them, how you do that I dont know but at the moment in some states the laws are to relaxed. If tighter laws made it more difficult for Mr avergae to get a gun then as long as they stop at least one madman isnt that a price worth paying ?

Edited by conavar

Well honestly where i live nobody i know owns a gun (it is canada so...) Anyhow i find it desterbing that kids cant even be safe at school!

Personaly i would love having a gun.

yes the Nazi's still would have because it was an army following orders, the jews with guns just would have ment german soldiers died as well , Hitler was determind to wipe out the Jews and if this had ment the death of a few of his troops dont think he would have minded

The fact that Hitler wouldn't have minded is irrelevant; most people have an inherent desire to live, and so do the soldiers and police people. And even if they didn't, it would have helped enormously in the war if any jew that died took a nazi soldier with him.

any gun test must be strict enough to stop the deranged from having them, how you do that I dont know but at the moment in some states the laws are to relaxed. If tighter laws made it more difficult for Mr avergae to get a gun then as long as they stop at least one madman isnt that a price worth paying ?

Psychological tests?

Psychological Tests ? maybe but still wouldnt be 100% accurate ( most shootings are not premeditated ) but stricter tests/checks are needed . I dont know the answers but from the outside looking in, it is to easy for anyone average or mad to get a gun in the USA, maybe im lucky to live in a country where I dont need a gun to protect myself

You don't need a gun to protect yourself in UK? That's kind of strange, because I always hear about bad stuff happening in London and other UK cities (especially the teenagers).

The fact that Hitler wouldn't have minded is irrelevant; most people have an inherent desire to live, and so do the soldiers and police people. And even if they didn't, it would have helped enormously in the war if any jew that died took a nazi soldier with him.

Well, lets look at it in the historic perspective. After losing the WWI, the old German Empire had fallen and a republic put in its place (called Weimar Republic). At that time, Germany was under a severe economic crisis, caused by the debts the country made for the first war and for the heavy "war reparations" that the people who won the war made it to pay (at one time, the newborn republic refused to pay the war reparations, the french army invaded Germany and anexed part of its territory till the germans paid the debt).

There was a small right wing party who claimed that the responsibles for the economic chaos was 3 groups: jews, homossexuals and communists (the last two ones were wiped out from the map in a similar way of the jews in the holocaust, but most people in USA don't care much about them, just the jews). That party, known nowadays as the Nazi party, grew in popularity for using the mentioned "holy goats" as the causes of all german problems.

I believe that, if the jews started to massively buy weapons, they would just give an argument to the ones who wanted them out of map, and therefore speed up the process of the Nazis reaching power and proceeding with their "racial cleaning". And we today would use that the armament of the jewish people as the cause of their massacre.

__

More on topic: I don't think that its a wise idea to propose changes after something traumatic like what happened, recently.

Since the Nazi Germany was invoked, the Weimar republic became Nazi Germany, when the german parlament was burn in a "terrorist way". While that nation was shocked, it gave the presidence to Hittler and special powers so he could punish the people who was responsible for the terrorist act. Of course, Hittler was quick in choosing the responsibles: jews, communists, gays.

An interesting paralel ocurred when the events of 11/7 happened, when the USA gave several special powers to their government so they could prosecute the terrorists. Furtunatelly, it dont confered the same powers that the Nazi had, and the USA government is nowhere as evil as the old Nazi were.

Everyone agrees that what happened in Virginia was a tragedy, but please lets think about it when the 'heat' of it cools down.

EDIT: Sorry for the long post, btw.

Edited by Lorck

Lorck, nice history lesson. Hitler killed some gipsy too, and not many cared (not very unsurprisingly).

Anyway, my point is, if you have a gun you can die with dignity, fighting like a real man, not humiliated in some death camp. And not only that you die with honor, but you take some motherfuckers with you as well.

The reason that those teenagers killed all those people is the same reason that the Columbyne massacre happened, those boys were bullyed and where outcasts in their school so they wanted to get theirs back. And in bothe cases they turned the gun on themselves showing that they couldnt cope with wat they did, so it was out of sheer anger and hatred that they killed all those people and then they couldnt live with wat they had done so they commited suicide a sad and pathetic way to die instead of dealing with the problems in a more civilised way instead of taking a A-k 47 and 2 shotguns to school that is not the answer to their problems because it just creates more problems.

Also Adolf Hitler hated gays and get this his grandfather was a Jew wats up with that!

Edited by Sinohie

You don't need a gun to protect yourself in UK? That's kind of strange, because I always hear about bad stuff happening in London and other UK cities (especially the teenagers).

To add some weight to this claim, in my hometown some of the recent news stories:

A gang (6+) adults climbed into my school (where I used to study) and attacked a pupil with hammers.

There has been a spate of random asults in the town centre where a group of 20+ teenagers (as young as 13) boys and girls have beaten the crap into single or paired people. (10+ occurences)

A man got in an argument with a bouncer at a club and came back with a chainsaw 1 hour later.

A man got knifed in the street a few hundred metres from his house in the middle of town (he died).

I disagree with guns, but how can you defend yourself in these situations? These crimes would never have happened 5-10 years ago, now it seems 2+/week I read :D

EG