Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
agis29

Staff of protection

I was checking the stats of staff of protection.It seems that it is a very nice weapon.Anyway i never saw anybody using it.So does it worth to save money to buy this weapon?If we compare it with Som and serp of thermal which one do u think its better?

For me the best weapons are Orc slayer,Jagged sabber,cutlass,Som and Thermal serp.SOP is the only weapon i never used.

And a last question.The 20% healing chance means 20% chance for a full restoration or 25 HP'S like medalion of life?

i saw some ppl using it, combined with steel plate of healing,and MoL, it is a very great weapon coz player gets healed all the time =)

It just never seemed worth it to use it. When you are getting hit for 40s-60s damage restoreing 20 hps wont help all that much. Thats just my opinion. If it was more like 80k like SoM it would probably be used a little bit more.

I used it a bit on test server and atlantis used it against me for experimentation purposes (it was long time back tho).

Its not good weapon for pk, SOM or T. Serp are much better. That said, its very very good for training, you can train almost without using restores. Therefore the high price.

I personally think the damage on the staff was kind of high. I remember that I tried one when Labrat was selling one, I asked if I could try it to see if it was worth it.

But I was hitting way too high and killing fluffies way too fast for it to be of any use for me. Altho, I think that was before my reset and I would hit high with anything, maybe I should try again sometimes.

-Blee

Fluff is overkill for SOP, people don't even restore against them often to staff be of much use anyways. Think in mchim or yeti or achim or giant.

Well, me and DeKkE would have some fun on the test server to sort of test out the items that we had yet to use in the real server. It is nice if your ff'ing and the opponent is low a/d/p/c compared to you because when they do hit there is a good chance you'll gain the health back. But when it comes down to the big ol' bad PK'ers it makes it a very useless weapon. Also it costs FAR FAR to much for such an effect. Although 20% is a nice little touch in my opinion.

Just a question about it...what is the break rate for the SOP??

I dont know the brake ratio of SOP but generally the brake ratio is too high even with nmt nowadays so it doesn't worth to buy expensive weapons like thermal serp or SOP.

I dont know the brake ratio of SOP but generally the brake ratio is too high even with nmt nowadays so it doesn't worth to buy expensive weapons like thermal serp or SOP.

thermal serp is the best weapon ingame... it is worth to buy :)

i have mine for 1.5 years +, i use it quite often and it didn't breat yet, and u can easily hit for 90+ with it

( with 24 phys my best hit is 76 )

thermal serp is the best weapon ingame... it is worth to buy :laugh:

i have mine for 1.5 years +, i use it quite often and it didn't breat yet, and u can easily hit for 90+ with it

( with 24 phys my best hit is 76 )

I think you are right.After the last updates its time to buy a thermal i think :blush: