Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Lottery & GIWS

When the client logs in, several messages are displayed.

Could we have added to that the size of the lottery jackpot and the current donation needed for the GIWS project?

Probably a better idea would be to have a command to show you it, if possible.

Otherwise it's wasted traffic for those who don't care(for what little i know :angry:)

PMming NPC's would be a nice feature, so we could ask Tomberorwhatever or Mesterul_Manole to get the actual stats about GWIS or lottery.

Or like the guild NPC's to ask them for their locations and inventory.

That may be a handy feature too for quests, PMming quest NPC's instead of walking back to them. They could give additional infos for the quest, like depending on the map where you are or whatever. :angry:

Piper

I've heard that the merchant, lottery and GIWS NPCs are where they are to encourage people to go there.

I've heard that the merchant, lottery and GIWS NPCs are where they are to encourage people to go there.

Excatly. So let's continue that theme and make sure people don't forget about them :)

The reason why those things have not been implemented, and will likely never be implemented, is that we want players to go to those NPCs and check. Adds a little bit of role playing.

True. I know they are not huge money sinks, but I was thinking that those announcements would add to the money sinks as they are and encourage higher pots on the lottery.

Thanks for the dev insight on this suggestion.

Why not have these NPCs call out an announcment in blue, like "Hey, you haven't forgot about the lottery coming up this weekend, visit me at Ghrams Village in WS for participation."

And this should of course only be about once per EL day, not every hour or anything.

Also same for the GIWS, he could just remind us when the maintainence fee needs to be payed and how much is left to pay for next level. And if it's all paid, he stay quiet.

This would include both walking and bigger participation in lottery.