Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bep

Reward winner when opponent died with Rosto in PK

Dont know if this is discussed yet.

Why not reward winner when he/she fought in Pk duel and wins. If the person died he left deadbag, but if he/she carried a rostogol stone, the winner gets nothing. I was thinking about returning fighting experience, for example like 1000 def and 1000 attack experience points, if he died and carry a rostogol (this is will be not working on no-rostogol-day). After all it is frustrating if you wins you get nothing in returns.

I think there have been posts about something allready.

But besides that a little reward would be appreciated for sure if you kill someone with rosto.

maybe a bag with their rost inside :icon13:

Well, then people could train pvp without risk of dieing and losing stuff or a rosto. :)

EDIT: Oh, and rosto would not go out game, and market would be seriously messed up.

Edited by Lorck

You could put in a system that gives you some Duel Points, or another name, when you win a battle. Once you get a certain amount, you could trade it in for certain items?

To prevent abuse you can only get the Duel Points once per day from the same person or something.

You'd need more then this simple plan tho, but I don't feel like going into details.

-Blee

exp would be cool :)

there level x 15 or so = how much xp you get, but it only goes to oa not to a/d

Isnt having that players name on your kills list enough of a reward?

Speaking as someone with very few names on my list I enjoy adding to it on those very VERY rare occasions I get a new one, highly rewarding/satisfying.

Why?

In many other games, players won't even drop anything when they die.

I agree.

The only thing i disagree is the pk cost overall.

Rosto plus red cape and pots u need use like phy, coord, eva and acc , we cant forget also some ess for magic immunity, harm, tptr and mana drain makes 5 minutes pk a very expensive fun imo if you die :)

Why?

In many other games, players won't even drop anything when they die.

1e I thought the policy is to make pk more interresting. Or am i wrong?

2e comparing with other games dont say much about improving quality of this game.

3e the game/economy wont hurt at all (reward can be all the remaining etherial and food points)

4e simple change in programming (I hope)

Edited by bep

It is like: my neighbours dont have dog. Why should we have a dog.

But if you think it is not improvement at all lets skip it. It was just an idea.

I hardly ever goto pk, because you gain little experience ponts with it and you use a lot of resources. With the same resources you can train much longer fighting animals and monsers and gain more exp in the same time. So people naturally train for experience points and go occasionally into pk for fun. Nowadays everybody carrying a rosto because the items that they carries are to expensive too lose.

2e comparing with other games dont say much about improving quality of this game.

Can you elaborate on that?

I don't mean to put words in Bep's mouth, but from my point-of-view...

Comparisons with other examples (be it computer games or anything else) typically take two forms:

1. They do it better, we need to improve what we do.

2. They do it poorly, so we don't need to improve.

Anytime a comparison is made between EL and another game, it should be of type #1 (strive to improve) not #2 (justifying why there's no need to improve).

Can you elaborate on that?

I don't mean to put words in Bep's mouth, but from my point-of-view...

Comparisons with other examples (be it computer games or anything else) typically take two forms:

1. They do it better, we need to improve what we do.

2. They do it poorly, so we don't need to improve.

Anytime a comparison is made between EL and another game, it should be of type #1 (strive to improve) not #2 (justifying why there's no need to improve).

Hey why do u need rewards when u got me walkin around? :o idnt even use Rostos :P ROFl :fire:

Yes, exactly.

My neighbours don't have a crane. Why should we have a crane?

Yes, exactly.

My neighbours don't have a crane. Why should we have a crane?

but if that crane/dog would make your yard better mabey you should think about getting one instead of saying they dont have one so i dont need one.

as far as the reward for a kill goes i have nothing to say on that since i dont PK.

but if that crane/dog would make your yard better mabey you should think about getting one instead of saying they dont have one so i dont need one.

But if my neighbour were a professional landscape designer and he doesn't have a crane, then I buying a crane would not be the best idea ever, right?

If I had my neighbors yappy little ball of fleas, I'd step on it! :o

Frankly, I think the only reward you need is to carve another X on the edge of your monitor with your geeky little super laser pointer....

How about a thread in the forums where players can post their kills and brag and strut and then get flamed, that's more fun than boring old exp! :fire: