Eternal Lands Official Forums
gossip

My Birthday Popularity Contest

Well, it's my birthday, and I've decided to hold my favorite kind of contest- a popularity contest! All you need to do is have people use my 'admire' command for you! Anabella and LeKiller (RIP) each donated a Crown of Life, and they will go to the winning boy and girl avatars. You can be King or Queen for a day!

Here's how it will work. The contest will be held on Saturday, March 24, US central time. So, it will start and end at these times in your location:

Start Time Started!

End Time Ended, sorry!

In case clocks aren't quite exact, I would stay away from the 10 minutes after the contest starts, and before it ends, just in case.

You get one point each time somone admires you, using the command '/gossip admire yourname'. There's a 12 hour cooldown on admirations, but if someone timed it out right, they could easily admire you twice during the contest, and that's allowed. You don't have to be logged on to have it count, but I won't count admirations from players that were created after this announcement, so don't bother creating a bunch of new players to vote for yourself.

There's three ways you can get points:

1. You're a cool person, and people just admire you.
  2. You could ask people to admire you.
  3. You could pay people to admire you. Quid pr0 quo! (My lawyer says that to me before he takes me out on a date... not sure what it means tho...)

If you really think that you're all that admirable, feel free to post here to tell others why you deserve their "vote"!

Players that are disqualified from the contest are:

• Anabella & LeKiller (sponsors),
  • Anyone in the CEL guild (I already know how popular my guildies are)
  • Anyone that has been a knob and I've had to ignore, and..
  • Me! I know I'm the most popular person in EL, so it wouldn't be fair for me to enter.

Gossip

Edited by Gossip

Here's how it will work. The contest will be held on Saturday, March 24, US central time. So, it will start and end at these times in your location:

Start Time

End Time

Just to clarify- the contest hasn't started yet... it runs just this coming Saturday. All of a sudden, a lot of people are doing admires, so I think some of you are confused about that.

Gossip

Dear, EL Members from afar and near. I Cleotopia, would appreciate it very much so, if you; the citizens of the Lands vote for I; Cleotopia. I am a honourable, trustworthy and loyal to anyone and everyone. Ive been playing for about a year now, and know many people in these lands. So please /admire me on Saturday. Thank You.

Or waste your time for me!

Just do a short: /gossip admire stardark

U will be rewarded with love, peace (if i think ur fine) and sumthing else!

Dont bother and type this amazing sentence in ur ccccccccccccccccccccccchat screen.

Thanx in advance (this is only if you do it eh ^^)

As most of ya know, i've held many contest over the pass year. prob over 500kgc worth of stuff :cry:

as a reward back this CoL will be nice :)

So ' /Gossip Admire cho_yun '!!!

altho i prob wont have it anymore over by next weekend if i win :) lol

Hello Ladies and gents,

You all know me as one of your 'friendly neighborhood cats' and that i've never lied, cheated or scammed, and have always helped people out to the best of my ability.

So, in return i ask of you to /admire Kat

for all the times i've helped you do a /admire Kat

Thankies :)

Somebody (shhh.. don't tell anybody, but it was caecus) pmed me on the forum to ask if a bot was eligible to win this contest. What a silly question! A bot is just a program! How could it win? And if it did, it wouldn't exactly get excited about it....

Anyhow.. no.. bots can't win.

The contest starts in about 6 hours... so good luck!

Gossip

Hey all,

Its your 'friendly neighborhood Duck' here. :) For all the times I've nice to you admire me :hug:

So... all i ask you to do /Gossip Admire Duckyo please. :hug: (If you do i'll give you a *hug* :wub:)

(P.S A Duck's favourite thing is a CoL :))

Edited by duckyo

DucKYo speaks the truth... Duck2 loves crowns too :)

But I bought a new one two days ago, so I don't need one (although another one would be nice...). So admire one the nice people that make this friendly game community possible instead, one of our very nice game moderators.

--Duck2

(PS. I doubt Radu needs a CoL... so don't bother :P )

(P.S A Duck's favourite thing is a CoL :))

funny... i thought ducks liked fish :P

somehow i think a mod will win :omg:

or even radu/roja :)

Cash prizes for the runners up!

Just my luck! My rich Uncle Lester from Aeth Aelfan died, and I just got a letter telling me that instead of leaving me anything, he left a bunch of gold coins as additional prizes for my popularity contest. So, the boy and girl getting the most 'admire's win the Crowns of Life, the second most admired boy and girl will get 25k gold coin each, and the third place couple will get 10k each.

Good luck.. there's a whole lotta admirin' going on today!

I had planned on going on vacation to EverQuest with my inheritance... oh well.

Gossip

And the winners are...

Well, the popularity contest is over, and I have the winners tabulated. There was a whole lot of admiration going on yesterday. I could hardly keep up!

The winners, (and King and Queen of EL for a day, I think) are:

echo, a female elf from HIM

vampire16, a male elf from MAGE

they each win a Crown of Life!

The runner's up are:

syllenia, a female elf from -DD-

trogov, a male human from BOC

They each get 25k gold coin each! (my inheritance!)

kylara, a female draegoni from (TC)

justmental, a male human from DAO & lynxxx, a male human from LGC (Tied!)

kylara will get 10k gc, and since there was a tie, the two guys will get 5k each.

My helper, scafativ, will get with each of you in game to distribute the prizes!

Thanks for playing. It really warmed my heart to see people other than myself getting admired.

Gossip

How many admires did they get?

How many admires did they get?

What do you think, I'm a blabbermouth?

What I will tell you is: all together, there were 714 admirations for a total of 213 people admired at least one.

Gozzip.

Well congratulations everyone