Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Method of redistributing some attributes and nexuses

title  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do we agree with this idea?

• Yes, sounds cool and is fair for everyone.
    • No, the evil rich IRL people will find a way around it.
    • Whatever, I don't care one bit.

I like the idea, definately voted Yes. Like everything else in the game if it turns out to give an unfair advantage, it is usually tweaked until it is fair.

(possibly by harvesting events, and/or very rare drops).

I think it's a good idea providing a opportunity for people to get lucky (either for themselves, or to make some gold by selling to someone else).

My one thought, to make it fair for all players, is that these stones should be available with the same odds from any harvestable or any critter (depending on if they end up being harvest events or drops). That way, for example, a new player killing wolves has the same (very rare) chance to get one as an advanced player killing fluffies. Or a person harvesting fruit has the same (very rare) chance to get one as a person harvesting titanium.

Yea, I think it should be ok if the chance is very low to get a stone and the prices to buy one are high aswell.

Btw, about the rich people.

When I read some posts about that, I kind of thought about it too, but yea you know..

I don't know if you figured it out yet.

50 hydro bars are gonna cost someone 450k-500k and then whatever those stones will cost as an extra. I'd say thats pretty expensive for 1 pickpoint, you need at least 2 PPs to get a "small" effect from it.

Meaning you will probably spend over 1,000,000gc already for a darn small p/c boost.

So yea.. even the rich IRL people.. I dunno, I think this is a little much for them too, unless maybe your rich rich IRL :P, so I doubt it'll be that big a problem.

I guess its a yes, but I'm not voting yet, I'm half asleep and I'll think it through again tomorrow and see if I can tell anything more. :sleepy:

-Blee

To get any advantage you'd need at least 6 pick points (remember that it takes two pickpoints to increase one cross attribute). With anything less than a 3 cross attribute increase, you are not going to get any significant advantage.

(possibly by harvesting events, and/or very rare drops).

I think it's a good idea providing a opportunity for people to get lucky (either for themselves, or to make some gold by selling to someone else).

My one thought, to make it fair for all players, is that these stones should be available with the same odds from any harvestable or any critter (depending on if they end up being harvest events or drops). That way, for example, a new player killing wolves has the same (very rare) chance to get one as an advanced player killing fluffies. Or a person harvesting fruit has the same (very rare) chance to get one as a person harvesting titanium.

maybe that idea would work if the only certain monster/harv items dropped certain stones ie: wolves/sulphur drop vitality stone's , fluffys/wolframite coord stones etc

Voted no. Very soon ppl will be able to buy unlimited pps.

This stones will remove one level/attribute and give you a free pickpoint instead.

They dont give you additional pickpoints. :P

Piper

I dont like the idea because with 50 hydro bars you can buy nexus which you can later remove to get free pickpoint.

True, but then you should complain about buying nexus for hydro bars.

You can get "free" pickpoints right now already. Just buy your nexus with hydro bars and save the pickpoints you get to boost your attributes.

And since hydro bars dont lie on the street and you must only pick them up, its still somehow limited. You cant boost a nexus up to 100, then buy 100 stones and get 100 pickpoints for free. Even if youre rich ;)

Piper

Ok, ok, so to get a significant difference you'll need to spend over 3,000,000 gc. I guess thats fair enough.

-Blee

I didn't moan, I just said what I think about the whole idea.

Well, your point of view is always self centered. For example the recent sort-of-exploit that you are using to gain massive defense exp, you are complaining that it's going to be sort-of-fixed (you'd still be able to use it, only not so effectively).

You don't think about the game as a whole, you only think about what affects YOU. Well, this is not my way of thinking, because if it were, we'd sell a lot more items in the shop so that I can finally pay off my mortage for the big castle I just bought.

First of all you said that it was flaw in design, not some sort-of-exploit, and I'm not getting mass defense exp as you said above ^^ and where do you see that I care only about things that affects me only?

I dont like the idea because with 50 hydro bars you can buy nexus which you can later remove to get free pickpoint.
I'd hardly call it free. The 50 bars are around 600k or so, the stones, depending on how rare, could be around 200k (if they have a drop rate similar to NMT, plus these will have a higher demand because each person would want more than 1)

So for like 800k you can get a pp, yes. omg, ppl with unlmited money IRL will spend 400$ per pp to take over game, this is not fair (for the retards that took this serisouly, the last part was a joke)

Edited by Atlantis

I didn't moan, I just said what I think about the whole idea.

Well, your point of view is always self centered. For example the recent sort-of-exploit that you are using to gain massive defense exp, you are complaining that it's going to be sort-of-fixed (you'd still be able to use it, only not so effectively).

You don't think about the game as a whole, you only think about what affects YOU. Well, this is not my way of thinking, because if it were, we'd sell a lot more items in the shop so that I can finally pay off my mortage for the big castle I just bought.

First of all you said that it was flaw in design, not some sort-of-exploit, and I'm not getting mass defense exp as you said above ^^ and where do you see that I care only about things that affects me only?

only be fair if all community knows how....and that explains how 2 ppl are rising damn fast on top chart...one of them the honor one lol :P

Well, it's exploiting a design flaw, which is why I said sort-of-exploit and allowed you to continue, instead of banning you. And compared to the normal methods of getting defense exp, you get at least twice at much. But nevertheless, even if you don't use that 'technique' a lot, it doesn't mean others don't.

only be fair if all community knows how....and that explains how 2 ppl are rising damn fast on top chart...one of them the honor one lol :P

Well, since it's a borderline issue and since they shown me how they do it, I promised to keep their method secret. If you want to know how, you'll have to follow them all the time, while being invisible ;)

only be fair if all community knows how
Everyone start the game with the same knowledge of the game. Apart from people who spend money outside which is a small factor, and how much time people can spend on game, everyone has the same conditions. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to figure out a training strategy doesn't mean it's unfair...people have to teach you how to train? :P

I like the idea a lot. With changes continually happening in game, this gives many people the opportunity to adapt without resetting. I'm in oa triple digits and have considered a reset...which is a bit depressing. These stones are just what the doctor ordered. Huge thumbs up \o/

Not my fault if you can't figure it out how to get good exp.

who said i cant?

just saying that same opportunities should be give to everyone.

who said i cant?

just saying that same opportunities should be give to everyone.

Everyone has/had the opportunity or the potential to do it, but don't expect people to reveal their secrets to others, as I am sure that you have a lot of secrets that you keep for yourself.

I voted yes, and I for one wouldn't mind see the stones sold in the store. Some people have too much money, other people have too much time to kill. I'm sure that the powers in charge will moderate the supply to maintain balance as has been done before - if people start buying them in the store left and right I'm sure the price will be raised...

voted yes, and despite teh fact i cant afford it if the stones were available from teh shop i would be happy to see them for sale. i know teh arguement is that rl rich folks would make uber gc from that BUT i fail to see how that helps them get better stats so no biggy imo, theyd only end up spending that gc elsewhere eventually anyways and teh balance restores itself in teh long run.

thumbs up unless someone sees a flaw theyd care to explain? (just careful how u word it lol)

good idea i think... since new stuff are implemented ingame, i guess ppl with oa > 105 don't really wanna reset :P

i was also thinking about smth to remove the nexus, a bit like the stone idea, just that, instead of using the stone and losing the corresponding amount of pp/nexus, you should have that amount of free pp... lets say, PH is 3 pp... to use the "anti-PH" stone, u'd need to have saved 3 pp.

just an idea :>

~TommyKnocker.

:P hugs

I voted yes, I think its a great idea. Since the stones will be so rare I would like to see that we can use the stones on any Attribute or Nexus we want. As far as the stones going on sale on the el shop, Ummm, so what, if you have the money to buy it then do it.

The so called "Rich" people can now buy things from the EL shop to get money to sell on the market and use that money to buy hydro bars or other things they need. I know i have spend money at the EL shop for as an easy way to get money for things i've needed.

Dushan as far as you knowing things that can get you extra xp,,, and ent knows about it,,, more power to you, Im not smart on that stuff so i will have to just continue with my efforts to get my xp the best I can..

This is one if not the best on-line game out there in my opinion, It takes you away from the everyday hassles of life and if Ent can become rich from it and pay that castle off.. :;)))))) good.

Edited by surfy

I vote no.

While I would like the chance to redistribute some of my nexuses and attributes (What was I thinking, getting vegetal and artificial nexi....), redistributing them, in my opinion, defeats the idea behind pickpoints.

Here's my understanding of pickpoints:

Pickpoints are difficult to obtain (not that difficult, I know, but they're certainly not plentiful). When you get a pickpoint, you have to decide what to spend it on (based on in-game specialty, or should one save up for a perk?). Currently, since pickpoint spending is permanent, there is a certain amount of uncertainty and foresight that comes into play when deciding what to use it on. And occasionally regret after spending them. (Yes, even with the #reset feature)

If these stones were to come into play, there would be significantly less of an issue deciding where to spend pickpoints, due to "Oh, I can always get it back later." Even if the stones are uber-expensive.

I also agree (with a lot of other people) on not selling these stones in the shop.

Lets have an NPC where you can decrease a nexus/attribute by TWO points and get ONE pickpoint back.

I like this idea....dunno why it's better then the stone idea, but I like it.

Also, Ent, just an FYI (and I hope you don't ban me for this...), but from your initial post, it does sound like the stones, if implemented, will be sold in the shop eventually:

Those stones will be pretty rare, however, and for the time being they will not be buyable from the shop.

Have never seen the issue with ppl spending $ in the shop.. does player A spending $100 effect me ingame . nope not one bit so its not a problem to me.

That is a good point...I guess I just see it as "unfair" that they can get an expensive sword for real money while I have to put time and energy into it in-game.

------------------------

Perhaps we can have the best of both worlds.....due to the recent changes, certain peoples' pickpoints have become "worthless", which makes a redistribution a good idea. But, then, maybe having these stones in the game permanently isn't such a good idea (for whatever reasons). Maybe the stones can be a temporary thing?

Anyways, just my ridiculously long 2 cents.....

Have never seen the issue with ppl spending $ in the shop.. does player A spending $100 effect me ingame . nope not one bit so its not a problem to me.

That is a good point...I guess I just see it as "unfair" that they can get an expensive sword for real money while I have to put time and energy into it in-game.

------------------------

Maybe it is unfair in a way but most things are, in the end its all down to how ppl view the game, personally i get the satisfaction on looking at my Character and knowing ive worked to get him where his is, some ppl dont want that, that is there choice.. I spent months saving up for NMT just for Ent to make it breakable lol * wraps nmt in cotton wool and puts it in storage * but im glad i did cus to me i achieved a goal that i had set myself, but life it full of people who want the easy option so thats up to them, if they buy stuff from the shop good luck to them, its not what i do but doesnt mean i think they should be stopped.. game is for all not just me

Also, Ent, just an FYI (and I hope you don't ban me for this...), but from your initial post, it does sound like the stones, if implemented, will be sold in the shop eventually:

Those stones will be pretty rare, however, and for the time being they will not be buyable from the shop.

No, it sounds more like: We don't know if we are going to implement the whole stone idea, and if we are going to they will not be sellable in the shop, although we do reserve the right to sell them later on, if, after careful thinking we decide it is a good idea to do so.