Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Method of redistributing some attributes and nexuses

title  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do we agree with this idea?

• Yes, sounds cool and is fair for everyone.
    • No, the evil rich IRL people will find a way around it.
    • Whatever, I don't care one bit.

I dont like the idea because with 50 hydro bars you can buy nexus which you can later remove to get free pickpoint.
I'd hardly call it free. The 50 bars are around 600k or so, the stones, depending on how rare, could be around 200k (if they have a drop rate similar to NMT, plus these will have a higher demand because each person would want more than 1)

So for like 800k you can get a pp, yes. omg, ppl with unlmited money IRL will spend 400$ per pp to take over game, this is not fair

LOL pay money to "take over the game" thats a ridiclious statement...

Anyways i think the stone idea is ok, But better off with hydro bars it helps the economy ..More demand for fire ess, iron ore, iron bars ,feasting potion, s2e, hydro bars of course, coal, and im sure this list can go on....if you introduce a stone it helps ONLY two people ...But hydro bars Help the Entire economy, and put people working together ...

Everyone most remember Ent and Roja have to make a living off this game, so if they feel a desire or need to sell something in the shop, then so be it.

Secondly, just because you don't like to admit it, but if you look at it from a perspective. They're better than you. Like it or not, they somehow got to that position in society, they're better than you, and they deserve those rights. So everyone can stop bitching of whether they'll be sold in shops or not. You do have to remember it's only ONE pickpoint, and unless you have like 80+ OA or something, getting back up there isn't entirely difficult.

Get it? Got it? Good. Now stfu, and let Ent go about his life.

Secondly, just because you don't like to admit it, but if you look at it from a perspective. They're better than you. Like it or not, they somehow got to that position in society, they're better than you, and they deserve those rights.

Sorry dont get that comment at all ...... people who buy items from EL shop better or Ent and Roja ?

Not going to comment on Ent/roja because i dont know them personally in RL but if you are saying about people who buy items from the EL shop then that is totally stupid comment, I havent seen anything in the shop that is expensive and that most people couldnt afford if they so wished

IF YOU GUYS WANT LOTS OF EXPERIENCE TAKE "THEIR IS NO FORK PERK" AND HAVE YOU PVP PARTNER SUMMON A FEW MONSTERS, WHAT EVER U CAN HANDLE IN MULTI , THEN WATCH THE #'S FLY

And Yes im rich in real life so i know my opinion seems bias, but remember if you are poor then youre opinion is also bias, with that being said , if money in RL can give you an advantage in a game , then i dont see a problem with that, if it bothers you o so much then get a second job and start buying stuff

also that bug/exploit/design flaw, should have never been allowed, i know peopel who had as much as 1-2million per hour, i dont know under which conditions ,but it happened.. so you want to speak about fairness..i say that people leveling that fast is bullshit and they should have been given a stats reduction

That was sarcasm, you know?

Anyways i think the stone idea is ok, But better off with hydro bars it helps the economy ..More demand for fire ess, iron ore, iron bars ,feasting potion, s2e, hydro bars of course, coal, and im sure this list can go on....if you introduce a stone it helps ONLY two people ...But hydro bars Help the Entire economy, and put people working together ...

The hydrogenium bars are already widely used for many othyer things, and the demand for them is usually higher than the supply.

Everyone most remember Ent and Roja have to make a living off this game, so if they feel a desire or need to sell something in the shop, then so be it.

Secondly, just because you don't like to admit it, but if you look at it from a perspective. They're better than you. Like it or not, they somehow got to that position in society, they're better than you, and they deserve those rights. So everyone can stop bitching of whether they'll be sold in shops or not. You do have to remember it's only ONE pickpoint, and unless you have like 80+ OA or something, getting back up there isn't entirely difficult.

Get it? Got it? Good. Now stfu, and let Ent go about his life.

So you think someone that has more money is automatically a better person than someone that has less money?

I am surprised, but somehow I think I shouldn't be...

Edited by Ornitorrinco

also that bug/exploit/design flaw, should have never been allowed, i know peopel who had as much as 1-2million per hour, i dont know under which conditions ,but it happened.. so you want to speak about fairness..i say that people leveling that fast is bullshit and they should have been given a stats reduction
you obviously don't know facts of situation

1. they told entropy, so he knew about it

2. It's not a bug or an exploit. Bug or exploit is like 'if you use this ring you get double experience for 10 min.' It's a design flaw, just using the game differently

3. its not "unfair"...they had same knowledge of the game when they started as you did, it's not their fault we are more intelligent than you and thought of training this way?

That was sarcasm, you know?

The hydrogenium bars are already widely used for many othyer things, and the demand for them is usually higher than the supply.

well i think something that will fuel the economy is a better idea

They are also not rare, I think its better an item like this is rare so it's not so easy to move pp

So you think someone that has more money is automatically a better person than someone that has less money?

I am surprised, but somehow I think I shouldn't be...

"better person" certainly takes it a little far, but, most likely those people worked to be where they are, to have the money to spend on a game, so yes they should have advantages

1. they told entropy, so he knew about it

2. It's not a bug or an exploit. Bug or exploit is like 'if you use this ring you get double experience for 10 min.' It's a design flaw, just using the game differently

3. its not "unfair"...they had same knowledge of the game when they started as you did, it's not their fault we are more intelligent than you and thought of training this way?

Are you joking VORMAVIUS thought of it so dont take his credit , youre a moron and could have never thought of it, you were shown same as me

Are you joking VORMAVIUS thought of it so dont take his credit , youre a moron and could have never thought of it, you were shown same as me
Well, it's not exactly place to discuss it, but I tried it myself around february of 2006. It didn't work well for my a/d (around 40 at the time), plus there were no true sight pots to adjust, or summon stones, and I didn't try it again. Vormavius added newer "technology" so to speak of stuff that has been added to the game that made the strategy useful. So, he was not the one to first think of the idea, but the one to make it work :P

/edit Anyway, if you had thought of it, and reported it to Ent and he said it wasn't a bug, would you have announced it to all your enemies? Of course not

Edited by Atlantis

"better person" certainly takes it a little far, but, most likely those people worked to be where they are, to have the money to spend on a game, so yes they should have advantages

Lol like Ent said better not to get into that kind of topic, defo on a slippery slope

Secondly, just because you don't like to admit it, but if you look at it from a perspective. They're better than you. Like it or not, they somehow got to that position in society, they're better than you, and they deserve those rights.

Let me begin by saying that I totally agree with the stone idea, personally I think it's innovative and gives people a second chance. The amount of careful planning that goes into spending a pp, who's to say the same thought won't go into the second try? Only to wish you'd spent it some other way later?

What I DON'T agree with is a statement like the one above. Without being too arguementative, it has to be one of the most elitist statements that I have had to read in modern times? "They somehow earned it so they are better than you"....please. If we all had money to burn I'm sure that it would be here at some point (I've certainly kept a close eye on the new line of clothing). But to say that people readily spending any amount of $ is better than the other player?......well....I won't finish that sentance, lets put it that way. And honestly I thought better of all players in EL, including Aerowind.

what is the big deal about them maybe being sold in the shop either now or later? its not unfair for peeps to buy stuff from the shop and play them ingame....do you also think it unfair that some people can afford a ferrari (or whatever) when i/you cannot? :confused:

most everyone works hard for the money they earn and it is up to them on how they want to spend it. same goes for how they want to earn it, personally i wish i had the time/patience/know how to be able to support myself and family by selling virtual items or a game...you cant fault ent and the others for making a living like most of the rest of the planet... :P

I don't want them to be sold in shop because of the "IRL advantage" thingy, but rather because they would become way too plentiful and the price would drop to next to nothing (or in proportion with its $ amount), in the same way thermal serp dropped from 500k to 200k

I don't want them to be sold in shop because of the "IRL advantage" thingy, but rather because they would become way too plentiful and the price would drop to next to nothing (or in proportion with its $ amount), in the same way thermal serp dropped from 500k to 200k

NO the thermal sepr droped in price cause a 80k som staff in the hands of a weaker peron can beat a thermal....if ent makes the thermal serp stronger again u will see it USed more and the price will go back to 400k

Atlantis is right in a way.. having an item extremely rare ingame and then selling it in the EL shop does kind of defeat the purpose of making it rare, but hey nothing has been decided yet and we can all vote on our views so lets wait and see :confused:

Well, obviously, if we are ever going to implement those stones, AND IF we are going to sell them in the shop, they will be quite expensive, maybe in the 50 USD range, so it's not like everyone will be able to afford them.

IF YOU GUYS WANT LOTS OF EXPERIENCE TAKE "THEIR IS NO FORK PERK" AND HAVE YOU PVP PARTNER SUMMON A FEW MONSTERS, WHAT EVER U CAN HANDLE IN MULTI , THEN WATCH THE #'S FLY

thanks for the info :P always good to know that still exist people that like share info...

always good to know how some pseudo called pro's rise in top chart :confused:

That explains why ent reduced def summ monsters in 60% plus 20%.

:icon13:

Indeed.

The extra exp thingie were tested by me and anamir in the early days, but don't worked really well at that time. Vormavius then took the idea, improved it, and showed the results to me. Of course, he also showed that to a few selected very close friends to him. Also, some people developed that indepently.

You don't believe in me? Ok, ask vormavius.

But this is offtopic crap. We did knew about some info that the enemies did not. We told devs to certificate it was legal. If you tried to actually do experiments instead of relying in the old teachings of masterpiter you would have found a cool way to gain exp fast, but unfortunately, you did not.

I like the idea and voted yes. Personally if I will be able to use it, maybe.

I also prefer these stones available from shop so that there is no false crunch on supply. Also if this is available/saleable from/to NPC in game, it will be great.

Thx,

Darky

Given the self-centred attitude of several noxious individuals who have spouted their opinions...

I think these stones should ONLY be available from the EL shop so that the people who have brought us this game for FREE ... can actually make a few more bucks on the side.

I like the idea and voted yes. Personally if I will be able to use it, maybe.

I also prefer these stones available from shop so that there is no false crunch on supply. Also if this is available/saleable from/to NPC in game, it will be great.

Thx,

Darky

defo bad idea having them available to buy from npc (unless u make them stupid money like 250k each) , because if you do have an npc sell them then where is the rarity ?

and keeping them rare, dont know if its economicaly viable but if only a limited supply where available per month from the EL shop would help and stop the game becoming over run

Edited by conavar

I just wonder if things were so cool , so ok with the "massive exp def feature" i wonder why our god decreased it by 80 % :confused: Of course it was not ok.

If was ok it would have stayed like before and now we all could abuse it, simple as that.