Eternal Lands Official Forums
Earl

3rd Party Team Speak

I was on another forum today and people were talking about 3rd party MMO talking software for guilds and conferences and things. I was wondering if anybody uses a team talking type program within their guild. Or have I totally got the wrong end of the branch of destruction here and have misunderstood the whole concept.

I tried asking about it in within the guild first but got questions answered with questions. Mostly whether I played a huge mess of abbrieviated other games, which I don't, which I why I need to ask here.

I run a server for Teamspeak and me and my guild talk on it all the time.

If you want to know the server adress PM me.

Edited by xbox360

If you and your guild wishes to join my Teamspeak server you are welcome to do so, i can create Guild channles that only your guild can use.

TeamSpeak is a good talking software. World Of Warcraft guilds use it very frequently. Some like will kick you out if you don't get it, unless you don't have a microphone of course.

I use TS for other games, Skype for EL, since I only talk to people 1on1 here. Mostly Kat.

TS you should only use if you're really talking with a large group of people.

Like on GW, when you're doing pvp, I've not used it with my guild so far since I'm only in a couple day and need to fix my headset. But I bet its gotta be fun to have people shouting to attack certain targets and shit. :icon13:

-Blee

I think its great for EL, it makes it so much easier for our guild to communicate during events.

It is also great for helping people. :icon13:

For CS:S and GW I used Skype and XFire.

For EL however, it has been talked about many times in the guilds i have been in, but most of the time, the majority of the players claim to not own a mic or headset. So, when that happens, we decide to just not do a 'team speak'

For CS:S and GW I used Skype and XFire.

For EL however, it has been talked about many times in the guilds i have been in, but most of the time, the majority of the players claim to not own a mic or headset. So, when that happens, we decide to just not do a 'team speak'

in THC those of us who didnt have headsets went out and got one, im on my 2nd headset, my first was a cheap PoS

@kat lol u play cs:s and gw o.O wowzers

@magpie im on skype too some times if i turn it on...although i think you would seduce me in some weird way... honestly dont know why lol

Last night during invasion people wondered about how I was talking to Moebird (including Radu)

I'm resurrecting this topic as this is what I found when I did a search (like we supposed to do)

Not sure if allowed to but here is the url for the program.

Teamspeak

I'm currently trying out running a Murmur server http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page on my main proxy in the UK (Windows, Linux & Mac support).

Registration to use the server is required and can be found at http://proxy1.other-life.com:81/mumble/ . My server is on host: proxy1.other-life.com port 64738 , use the Custom settings to put it in and save it.

I don't know how many users it can handle, but it's configured for 200, and it has a fast net connection.

If there is interest in using this, I can see about enhancing it's configuration etc with stuff like guild only channels.

I like this ALOT tested it with korrode and it seems to be way better then skype, no lag etc

I've gotten reports that on Windows machines, closing the Mumbler Client causes EL to crash. If anyone on Windows can find a setting that can bypass this or some indication of what is causing it, that would be good.

I like this ALOT tested it with korrode and it seems to be way better then skype, no lag etc

Agreed, it does work well, and lite.

Yea, it does learner other then that its fine

Disabling Overlay will stop the crashing. It seems that since it doesn't know much about EL the overlay feature has problems until someone can work with Mumbler to teach it how to work with EL better.

The website also has info on how you can disable the overlay for just one program.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Games#Overlay

Overlay

If you would like to disable the overlay for a certain game (because you do not want it in that particular game, or that game has issues with the overlay), and do not want to disable the overlay altogether, put a file named nooverlay (without any extensions) in the same folder as the game executable is located. This will tell Mumble that you do not want the overlay in this particular game. Please note you must be running Mumble 1.1.5 or later.

Games that are known to have major issues with the Mumble overlay:

* Combat Arms (overlay causes CA to crash after map changes; overlay will not display unless one joins a server and then leaves it)

* Supreme Commander (Multiplayer)

* Vanguard (crashes to desktop when overlay is enabled)

* Guitar Hero 3 (when using overlay, major latency and frame skipping under certain conditions)

Games that are known to have minor issues with the Mumble overlay:

* Any of the "Dawn of War" series (overlay will not display)

Programs that are known to have issues with the Mumble overlay are:

* Xfire (note, this issue has been fixed and is not present in Mumble 1.1.7 or later)

Piper