Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raisa

Am i the only one having this problem?

I was wondering if more people suffer from a great loss of vial molds...

I was able to make 1449 empty vials with 3 molds. I have crafting lvl 51 so i dont think thats too low for a vial.

I think that if this really is the break rate for the molds it has no use in making the vials yourself, less expensive to buy then make them then in my oppinion.

I posted this in general cause i dont want to scream immediatly that the break rate should drop cause maybe i was extremely unlucky....

Thx,

Raisa

Not extremely unlucky, just unlucky. A friend of mine only got about 500 vials out of 4 molds, after the break rate was raised. while I'm goin steady with 5364 vials, only broke 2 molds so far.

Believe Ent said break rate was supposed to be about 1/1000

So, you're a bit unlucky but not terribly so.

And vials are most certainly more expensive to make than to buy - this makes sense. You get experience for making them. If it didn't cost more, then you'd be getting experience and GC. In this game almost all exp costs gc (some more, some less, but take into account time and everything you do costs you something).

If anyone dislikes the 0.6 number, it should be about 1/1666 break rate. :icon13:

-Blee

Actually it is 1/1333

sorry blee was right... the exact number is 1/1666.666666667....

to find out put into a calculator: 1000 divided by 0.6

to be honest I can't figure how you got that answer

you just multiply .6/1000 x 10/10, its 6/10k...

not complicated :S

No it's not... how do you get that?? .6/1k = 1/x, line em up and solve proportion style, cross multiply, so .6x = 1k, so x = 1k/.6, which = 1666.666666666... (repeats)

Can be "solved" several different ways, all of which equal 1 in 1666.

not 6/10k, 1/1333

1/3333 would be 3/10k. go back to 6th grade?

I was saying, the question was not how you got 6/10k it was how 1/1333 was achieved. Read things more in context. Hence, you should go back to grade school, not me.

Actually yes I have a huge problem with the molds since the new rate took effect one broke after 277 vials. I made one for a friend hers broke at 1770 vials, and today I thought what the heck, (it took me 2 tries to make it my fault totally) the mold broke after 30 vials. Before the chance of breaking was decreased my first one broke at 77 vials, original odds were lousy, but in this case much better than the improvement on the break rate. I rarely speak out on the forums but this was rediculous bad enough for potioners to have to mule their brains out to make pots with long harvests for ingredients and to purchase vials that used to be there after use, I like a challenge but this feels like red headed step child treatment. I am 7th in potions and it has been much hard work to get there this is insult to injury I doubt I will bother with pots leveling any more. This is a mild statement of what I would truly like to say. I am sure those experiencing the same problems with the molds know what I mean. So shove those vial mold to where the sun dont shine i will never use them again Selestious