Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Ideas for the "charm" attribute replacement

I have charm 13 and summon lvl 67 on test server (could get charm up to 20 if I take more negs). First thing I saw was giants losing 10 HP/minute which is insane in my opinion, other monsters also lose more than 2 HP/minute (female gobline 5 for example). Is that a feature? not nice if you asked me.

You know, I try not to be THAT rude on our forums, but with you it's only appropriate because you constantly do that. We have a saying in Romania, that goes like: "GH IERV FV PH CHYN-A PHE FV PH FHSYRGHY VA ENV", which would translate as: "LBH JNAG VG OBGU JVGU GUR QVPX VA GUR NFF NAQ GUR FBHY VA GUR URNIRA" (this is a cipher text because it is too vulgar and disgusting for most of the people. If you want to see what it means, go here: http://web.forret.com/tools/rot13.asp . Consequntly, you can't have both.

You make it sound as if having a qvpx va lbhe nff is a bad thing.. :icon13:

I don't have an oppinion on that, but the Bible (which I don't necesarly believe in) states the incompatibility between those two states :icon13:

You make it sound as if having a qvpx va lbhe nff is a bad thing.. :icon13:

At least uncomfortable I guess:S

From what I've heard here on forums, and in game, I like the changes with the charm ability, I just hope that the "double summons" work with monsters as well as the animals. As for summons dying faster, that's fine too. There's no reason for a summoned giant to be roaming around for 2 hours, unless you're actively healing him at least. I wouldn't mind putting a good amount of points into charm if it turns out my summoned giants or anything else would be a good amount more powerful. I'd finally have a purpose other than making rocks for other people to use :icon13:

I don't have an oppinion on that, but the Bible (which I don't necesarly believe in) states the incompatibility between those two states :blush:

Yeah, but only us men are shpxrq in that sense, or am I mistaken? :icon13:

...um....anyway... :icon13:

Anything in particular you want tested with the new attribute Ent?

I did a few tests which may or may not have been useful in my edited post earlier in the thread. Happy to do more if you wish.

S.

God I love the way you formulate your insults Ent. :P

I guess this gives me some incentive to raise my summoning. Heh.

I dont really care if people yell at me for this

I think that if you make charm for fleeing it is much much better than helping in summoning. Hardly any people do summoning. Most people that would do summoning wouldn't get vitality or instinct though because summoning is hard to do and most people that summon have high will so they get more exp per summon. I vote all the way for flee and none for summoning

I have to agree. Other cross attributes (like health, mana, carry capacity, etc.) everybody uses. Not everybody uses summoning, it's pretty much only for PKing, and only for pking which you can't win without it.

I think that if you make charm for fleeing it is much much better than helping in summoning. Hardly any people do summoning.

Maybe this improvement to it will encourage more people to take it up then.

I have to agree. Other cross attributes (like health, mana, carry capacity, etc.) everybody uses. Not everybody uses summoning, it's pretty much only for PKing, and only for pking which you can't win without it.

If you don't use it, then don't put your pickpoints into charm. Some people however do summon.

Personally I quite like this use of the attribute.

Most (almost all) people use bear/tiger nowadays (try tiger with jsoc against someone weaker, if he don't dis/tele on sight, chances are very high that s/he will die :)) on pk.

And i think the vitality vs will for fighters discussion ended, and vit is the clear winner. :P

1) What has charm got to do with more or less successfully fleeing someone trying to hack you to pieces, presumably because your charm wasn't good enough to stop you being attacked by them in the first place? :)

2) diss rings?

3) Must every attribute be of absolute and pressing need to every player? p/c don't help my summoning much (oh, I can carry more ings...wow...)but I don't whine about how they don't help my summoning.

S.

Everybody does use summoning, wether you have the lvl or not. The post on the update said the charm attribute works for stones as well.