Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shallara

Peanut butter recall

(copy/pasted from contact on myspace. its all over the news today)

PEANUT BUTTER RECALL

Current mood: angry

Category: News and Politics

I woke up to the most awful news this morning. Hubs had all our peanut butter jars (three of them) stacked up on the desk in front of the computer and told me there's been a recall. He wanted me to check into it so I did.

Little Man eats peanut butter EVERY DAY - lots of it. We always have lots of peanut butter in the pantry. Peter Pan. And this past week he's been having diarrhea off and on (I know - TMI, TMI but this important) and complaining of miscellaneous body aches and headaches. Stomach cramps. Just random things here and there.

I wasn't so concerned about any of these symptoms because he has not seemed "sick". Not at all. He loves fruit and eats tons of it so I don't get concerned with occasional diarrhea. He's also been eating like a horse lately - just snacking and grazing all throughout the day. Bought him two new pair of jeans only two months ago and he's already grown out of them. I thought the body aches were just growing pains because he is most definitely having a growth spurt.

But now I have made an appointment to get him in to see the doctor. The FDA has linked 288 cases of food poisoning in 39 states. SALMONELLA. All linked to ConAgra produced peanut butter. Two brands are affected: Peter Pan and Great Value (this would be the WalMart brand). The production code on the jar begins with the number 2111. Both brands with that number were made in a single facility.

Guess what number all three of our jars begins with? Yep. 2111.

Salmonella can cause nausea, fever, vomiting, abdominal cramping, bloody diarrhea with mucous (though not always bloody), headaches, myalgias (muscle pain), and arthralgias (joint pain) and it can take anywhere from 6-72 hours for symptoms to be present. It can also be linked to Reiter's Syndrome.

I am so upset that I have been feeding this stuff to my son every single day without knowing that it could have been making him sick. I will keep you updated on what the doctor has to say.

But for now - check your peanut butter if you have either of these brands in your house. And spread the word, please!

If you do have these brands of peanut butter with the matching production code, you can contact ConAgra Foods at 866-344-6970. They are recommending that you discard the product but keep the lid. For a refund, mail the lid to:

ConAgra Foods

P.O. Box 3768

Omaha, NE 68103

(copy/pasted from contact on myspace. its all over the news today)

PEANUT BUTTER RECALL

Current mood: angry

Category: News and Politics

I woke up to the most awful news this morning. Hubs had all our peanut butter jars (three of them) stacked up on the desk in front of the computer and told me there's been a recall. He wanted me to check into it so I did.

Little Man eats peanut butter EVERY DAY - lots of it. We always have lots of peanut butter in the pantry. Peter Pan. And this past week he's been having diarrhea off and on (I know - TMI, TMI but this important) and complaining of miscellaneous body aches and headaches. Stomach cramps. Just random things here and there.

I wasn't so concerned about any of these symptoms because he has not seemed "sick". Not at all. He loves fruit and eats tons of it so I don't get concerned with occasional diarrhea. He's also been eating like a horse lately - just snacking and grazing all throughout the day. Bought him two new pair of jeans only two months ago and he's already grown out of them. I thought the body aches were just growing pains because he is most definitely having a growth spurt.

But now I have made an appointment to get him in to see the doctor. The FDA has linked 288 cases of food poisoning in 39 states. SALMONELLA. All linked to ConAgra produced peanut butter. Two brands are affected: Peter Pan and Great Value (this would be the WalMart brand). The production code on the jar begins with the number 2111. Both brands with that number were made in a single facility.

Guess what number all three of our jars begins with? Yep. 2111.

Salmonella can cause nausea, fever, vomiting, abdominal cramping, bloody diarrhea with mucous (though not always bloody), headaches, myalgias (muscle pain), and arthralgias (joint pain) and it can take anywhere from 6-72 hours for symptoms to be present. It can also be linked to Reiter's Syndrome.

I am so upset that I have been feeding this stuff to my son every single day without knowing that it could have been making him sick. I will keep you updated on what the doctor has to say.

But for now - check your peanut butter if you have either of these brands in your house. And spread the word, please!

If you do have these brands of peanut butter with the matching production code, you can contact ConAgra Foods at 866-344-6970. They are recommending that you discard the product but keep the lid. For a refund, mail the lid to:

ConAgra Foods

P.O. Box 3768

Omaha, NE 68103

I am lucky that my brother that likes peanut butter is in college, we had a jar of that stuff...lucky for us we dont eat it too much...we had 1 peanut butter (different brand)with about 2 scoops left, then we woulda started off on our 2111 jar. GL with Little Man hope he feels better.

While I appreciate everyone's concern and good wished for 'Little Man', I draw your attention to the first line of my post lol. Twas a friend that posted this in a myspace blog, and i copy/pasted here. Her little one is doing better tho :devlish:

Lol! Nothing wrong with my PB sammidge, it's the egg on my face I have to worry about! :)