Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

It's Time for another useless essence

Ever since I started playing EL, I thought it was a bit strange to have an essence that wasn't used. Finally, one day the matter conglomerate was introduced & the earth essence suddenly had a use. I looked in my storage & found a pile of them I forgot to sell in the magic shop. Days pass, mass manu of EaE & something seems to be missing. That's right! An essence to make with an unknown future use. I would suggest the Time Essence. Ingredients could include one or more of the following: amber, impatients & perhaps diamond.

Cast "Telepot to the Another World" |o/

required essences: 12 TE(Time Essence), 10 EarthEss, 16 EnergyEss, 12 ME, 22 SE (apparantly very very expencive ;D changing time factor is not that easy.)

required sigils: Change, Global, Space, Time(?), Earth

Take me to the another world! |o/\o|

Edited by AluminA

And why would we need a time essence?? To cast "Teleport to map I previously was on"?

And "the another world"... wtf is that?

It's a cool essences :) but I don't see the use

-- Cyp

EDIT: lol just read topic name... We don't need useless essences imo

Edited by Cyprom

And why would we need a time essence?? To cast "Teleport to map I previously was on"?

Now that I could use! No idea if it's possible though :)

To cast "Teleport to map I previously was on"?

imo that might be usefull, to get DB back, or to get back to the fighting contest in KF after getting teamed by muffo and his pr0 team :)

Edited by 1st Warrior

now thats old school :)

C3, the continent rumored to use the barren moon code where we will have futuristic weapons and be able to build guild cities. good way to get there. i like it

edit: plus i want a few k of some other usless essence i can have stocked up for when they are usefull ;)

Edited by Happy_G

Maybe for a slow time spell against your enimies that allows you to hit faster and one that makes your opponent skip a combat turn.

In what way have I forgotten something? I was being sarcastic. And muling wouldn't get much help. It doesn't take you to the exact location where you left... (That's impossible). Well anywayz this is a dumb idea :/ (mine, wasn't supposed te be taken "serious")

-- Cyp

Found an image that could be used for this essence. The Hubble telescope took it of an hourglass shaped nebula.

hourglass.jpg

Edited by Scratch

now thats old school :w00t:

C3, the continent rumored to use the barren moon code where we will have futuristic weapons and be able to build guild cities. good way to get there. i like it

edit: plus i want a few k of some other usless essence i can have stocked up for when they are usefull :P

Oh just don't speak about this idea i still can't imagine szatanserduszko or muffosa with shotgun/AK47 0.o Anyway i don't like idea with usseless essence, eveyrthig should have some employment.

It looks like someone already suggested a similar idea, but maybe a time essence could be used for a spell that has a continued effect (like healing, monster magnetism spell, etc.), or has an effect that will occur in xxx[time] seconds.

Now that is cool idea! cast harm on somebody and nothing happens for ~1-2 minutes, then he starts getting hit with all the harms you cast on him :devlish: ! It should be a set time, so he can't time it to hit you with 5-10 spells at exactly the same time (IE no one shot mage kills) but could still be very useful. Can't see it being used for non-aggresive spells, restoring 1 minute later wouldn't be very useful :) Continued healing might be nice (IE heal 2 points per 5 seconds for a minute) but since we can restore, it isn't really that useful. Anyway the suggestion was for another useless essence, not a useful time essence, a useless essence would be fine, I had 500 earth essence in storage when they made them useful, but I don't think we need one, if we do I would prefer a "Manufactoring Essence", or something, just so we could wonder what kind of spells ent is going to add :D

The DuckII

now thats old school :)

edit: plus i want a few k of some other usless essence i can have stocked up for when they are usefull :devlish:

Oh just don't speak about this idea i still can't imagine szatanserduszko or muffosa with shotgun/AK47 0.o Anyway i don't like idea with usseless essence, eveyrthig should have some employment.

Wut about a Thermal Ak47? or a Titanium MP44 :D

With the new skill on the horizon, perhaps the time ess. could be used for it. It takes lots of time to develope , engineer & manufacture complex objects. The time ess. could be the ingredient that "speeds things up" to make the items.

I also like the heal over time idea. This spell could be slid in somewhere before the restore spell. It would have an effect similar to the FR cloak & perhaps even be cumulative.

Strange, the first time I searched it didn't come up with anything & the second time it did. Maybe I misspelled essence.

Edited by Scratch