Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aerowind

Fedora Core 6 issues. [SOLVED]

Well here goes: At first I got an error and EL wouldn't run, apparently I installed something that made it work so I'm good there.

Now: EL works and loads up but then I get this from the Terminal

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//languages/en/books/races/draegoni.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//books/races/draegoni.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//knowledge.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/gorciakj/Desktop/Eternal-Lands//knowledge.xml"

And I can't type anything in the Username box and can't switch to the password box. Soo... help?

I got the same sort of errors with 64 bit Mandriva 2006 (or was that 2007?).

This is even after the game runs except for the people, creatures and monsters (CAL3D problem of some sort or can't find the files for them).

Once we get the problem figured out, maybe we can fix it for the rest of the Linux users. Sadly, my thread on this topic didn't get me all fixed either.

sounds to me like you didnt change the pointer in the .elc to where your game is installed.

There is a hidden folder that you change the .ini in so that it points to where the game is actually installed. These are the same errors i recieved until i changed it.IIRC its located in your home folder.

Alright I no longer get those errors but it still will not let me type in the text boxes. This may be a graphics driver problem and I may just have to go get the drivers for my card, we'll see. I'll report back.

EDIT: Yes, that was the issue.

Edited by Aerowind