Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mugwump

A Cartoon 'Bombs' in Boston

This has been the latest news of the last 24 hours on the USA East Coast:

Boston officials livid over ad stunt

In short, police discovered some signs made from LED lights on a circuit board depicting a cartoon character and thought they were bombs. Turns out they were promotional displays made by fans of the cartoon and placed around a number of cities weeks ago. The ad promotion was brought about by Turner Broadcasting who apologized for ... um, something.

In my opinion, the mayor of Boston should shut up about throwing everyone involved in jail and wipe the egg off his face and go sit in the corner! Follow the furor, and make up your own mind! :P

(This smacks of Alice's Restaurant, mark my words....)

Edited by Mugwump

That's perfect, Sparhawk!! :bow_arrow: I've been following the story and the two men who were arrested for 'installing' these things held a press conference after they were released. They were very happy and talkative but refused to talk about anything but 1970's hairstyles!! Hilarious!! They made complete monkeys out of the press!! Must be on the web somewhere, I just heard it on the radio. :P

i did my current events in school on this. people are so paranoid these days. they are gunna see a 4 year old playing with a light bright and go "omfg hes got a bomb!" but seriously they definatly dident look like bombs and i love how they are like oh they had everything a bomb would have... except the explosives... yeah so does that mean my car cellphone and ipod are bombs too? stupid people over reacting...

They were very happy and talkative but refused to talk about anything but 1970's hairstyles!!

Thats absolutely hilarious!

Bomb alarms happen quite often in Romania, anybody who wants to skip school for a day or any person with a revenge or odd sense of humour can make a phone call and say there is a bomb planted somewhere. The police is obligated to react as if it was a real threat. Something about responsability for people's lifes :P

Oh well, people who make these phonecalls are usually dumb and call from their house phones or so. They get caught in a couple of hours, arested and charged with terrorism :laugh:

Humour died a long time ago ;)