Eternal Lands Official Forums

What about staves for every skill

Like the staff of harvesting if weilded during harvesting gives u more xp each harvest

Staff of Crafting 10% more chance of making stuff with crafting

Staff of Def (Use like a sheild) 5+armour to melee 2+armour to magic

Last example

Staff of Potion if weilded during make a potion 10% more chance of making better potions with making lesser pots (making body restoration while trying to make minor healing)

And so and so forth

I think it is a good idea

Draconey

Like the staff of harvesting if weilded during harvesting gives u more xp each harvest

:D How would you Harvest? :D

I like the Idea of a 'Summoning Staff' something like a % chance to Summon a Animal. (Bear or something). Also, the idea of a Staff based on the magic skill would be nice too. :blink:

Mortos Staff

Chance when you summoning Animals and monster, Summon mortos :D

Ubber Attack staff

Thesame like ubber defence steel gravse. Chance when somebody hit you to increase your attack.

Staff of death

5 % to hit by 70 damage

Staff of Empire

You have 3 gods:

zararin-crafting god

selain-summon god

glilin-manufacturing god

Edited by Mattone

Ubber Attack staff...

Staff of Empire You have 3 gods...

Udder Attack Staff -- Deadly against cows, but useless otherwise. A long stick with a suction cup on the end.

Seriously though, on the latter; there is a place for priestly items, whether these are staves or other vestments. In which case they should only be usable by a character of high rank in the temple (at least the current maximum achievable rank).

Edited by trollson

lol yeah lets not go overboard shall we?

I think if we're going for the staves route, then perhaps maybe there should be some nice properties to them (magical), as well as generally having a better defence but lower damage.

On the other hand, polearms (like spears) should have more damage then swords of that nexus but offer less defence. I think this because you're using 2 hands, so by sacrificing the shield (defence) you gain extra damage in your polearm (as well as critical to damage but less on crit to hit).

Staves would be a weaker but offer a bit more in terms of defence and accuracry and crit to hit (less on damage to crit).

I genuinely like a staff thats got a black shaft with titanium and diamond tips and make them glowwy. The two higher staves imo are overpriced and filling the gap with some good ideas will hopefully bring those prices down.

What about staves for every skill

Staff of Crafting 10% more chance of making stuff with crafting

Staff of Def (Use like a sheild) 5+armour to melee 2+armour to magic

Last example

Staff of Potion if weilded during make a potion 10% more chance of making better potions with making lesser pots (making body restoration while trying to make minor healing)

And so and so forth

I think it is a good idea

Very good idea! So every skill has its own staff. The only thing i don't understand is what you say about the staff of crafting. Making stuff with crafting? Don't you make always stuff while crafting?

How does wielding a staff help you in crafting or potion making (etc)? Your hands are already be fully occupied with the tools of the trade, even if the graphics do not illustrate it.

People slap their favorite bonuses on any item that comes along, without any relevance to the nature of the item. I find that rather disappointing.

How does wielding a staff help you in crafting or potion making (etc)? Your hands are already be fully occupied with the tools of the trade, even if the graphics do not illustrate it.

People slap their favorite bonuses on any item that comes along, without any relevance to the nature of the item. I find that rather disappointing.

I agree here. tbh I thought he was joking when he suggested it. :confused:

Has everyone ignored possibly the most debated 'Perk' related to magic trianing?

Staff of Reduced Mana...

2/3 or (1/2) mana consumed whilst perofmring Magic. Make teh Staff about 10-15k (summon capes are like 4k no?). It needs a mele negative so that it isnt good to train with, and tehrefore doesnt become a way for fighters to train for less GC/Mana.

Staff of Englightment.

Has the Effect of extra damage on Creatures such as Phantom Warriors, Goblins, Gargs. (Dark Creatures)

Price: Around 9k

Fine Idea cleo, good RP and fits in the game fine, but would anyone use it? afterall the only reason to kill those creatures is training, why would we want to kill them faster? My opinion of all these staffs is that staffs are cool, but we have tons of weapons that aren't used anyway, why add more? The staffs with special attacks are fine (I love the rabbit summoning one :) ), but staffs without a special attack simply aren't needed, they would be cool, but not worth the time to implement.

However in the spirit of the thread I would like to suggest a pk staff, Staff of Lagging, 15-17 attack, +4 def, +3 accuracy, and a %5 chance per hit of performing FPS drain :pirate: .

The Duck II

What about a staff or spear thats about the same as a jagged saber or something like that except with a little more accuarcy because its two handed but the catch is has a 5-10% chance of getting stuck in object your fighting whether it be person or animal maybe you could have a message like

Isenguard got his spear(staff) stuck sux for you! Should've been more careful. You can think up a name And maybe you just miss a few turns in result of it. Tell me what you think :pirate:

I'd like to have new ones too.

a bit off from first suggestion of magpee though,

now what if weapon have gender-specific. one for male char only, one for female char only

Stick of Sailormoon (For Female Charactor)

A magical stick. not strong stats it has but when you use this stick in combat,

it gives you a chance to trasform your opponent an animal, a monster (sometimes Pookies or someone but rarely) by random factor.

Effect: Metamorphose

(*actually i know little of sailormoon, just popped up the name in my mind. please any fans of sailormoon explain how the stick works)

Kon of Bruce Lee (For Male Charactor)

You weak, take this kon now! Just imagine our Kung-Fu hero Bruce Lee, then you can be almost a bit a little bit strong as like him. maybe

Enter teh Dragon!

damage: 2-4, accuracy: 35, dunno others

k i go to bed, next please.

(ahm I really wanna see some other staves in the game... zzz)

wiki: staff/stick&Quarterstaff

Staves for Mages is a reoccuring suggestion. A nice simple form would be Staves of Essences, made by binding an enriched essense to a staff, to aid casting spells using that essence when equipped. Two possible iterpretations of this effect:

1. Reduce the cost for a spell by one of the bound essence.
  2. Allow that essence to be drawn from storage rather than inventory.

If we are binding exotics to staves, then this could include stones; Staff of Serpent (Sslessar?) may be useful for summoners, but what could the other stones do?

I like this idea, and I think it has a lot of relevence to the 'more for true mage' thread I've also posted on. Elemental staves are an obvious choice for mage's and also an easy way to make spells and magic overall far more accessible to people choosing the path of the mage.

I personally think this is a smart road to go down in terms of character development.