Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ambrosius

Why dont people PK anymore?

I first thought this would be a good idea for pk, but then I realised it negates (what I thought) the real reason rostos were created, which was to help harvesters who needed to go to dangerous maps with expensive things....

You know, there is always diss and tele trick and what is more there are invi pots or harvesters can just ask some friends/guildies with more a/d to be their bodyguard while going through dangerous places so as you can see there are many possibilities. Btw pk maps must always include some risk and what so valuable harvesters carry that is more expensive than rosto?

Well as far as I know rostos weren't created for pkers, and hence if they were only used for what they were made for, they would've been a lot cheaper.

My idea keeps drops in pk (though this probably would generally make players equip cheaper stuff), and then allows people to use rostos with what (I still think, please somebody quote me if I'm wrong) they were made for.

Finally and most important is that there is no motive for someone to pk.Why shall someone pk?Fun isnt enough when u risk expensive items...Something must force people to pk.A tournament isnt a solution because it will happen once.

Holy words... sad but true :(

If Pking is supposed to be all about fun as i hear a lot of you saying. why dont you get together with the dev/mods/guilds/each other and organise contests/tournements.if enough of you get involved they dont have to be a one off thing.

You could even make them so you dont risk anything but pride and a bit of gold.

Example: Boxing contest (entrance fee ???? gold)

Rules:

no armour, no weapons,no magic,no healing (disqualified if heal) just a straight out punch up between 2 characters winner goes to nxt round (then its all about the best character not whos bought/got/stolen the best items)

You could even do inter guild tag matches one player dies nxt guildmember enters .winner last guild standing.

Theres plenty of opportunitys and possible ideas for people to have fun pking without a loss of items.

Just make PK contests... and no I don't mean those lame "Come to the fort! Kill them and you get 5kgc!".... I mean just like invasions, but it comes up like "Oki, PK tournament starting in 20 minutes, Get to Arena **** and get ready.". Then there has to be a NPC that you can tell that you want to participate and so on, then there are one on one matches where the loser just respawns in the arena corner or close by...then off to the next match and in the end there will be a winner that get some kind of random price.

To have this automated it would of course require some/alot of work and programming...but did you really expect an easy way out for this so called problem?

This, in my view might not be able to replace the real pking but at least this would force those one on oners to fight even if same guild or whatever... also it would be no reason to worry too much about drops or losses. But even if this aint replacing the real deal it would at least bring an audience of avernage players that get to see if it's looks fun to pk in this game or not, aswell as pking tactics has to be worked on so that no one wins everytime just cause his/shes numbers (a/d skills) are higher...

The only problems I see with my idea, except for the hard programming it would require, is that you who say you want to pk so much won't really show up, and that it's hard to find a suitable price (not too big but still worth going through it).

Just one more thing:

The biggest reason for no pking is the loss (takes MANY hours to get new equipment if you have no rosto, and if you have rosto it takes MANY hours to get a new rostogol if you harvest that is...), and the thread starter knew that all a long.

Edited by Beaverhunter

If Pking is supposed to be all about fun as i hear a lot of you saying. why dont you get together with the dev/mods/guilds/each other and organise contests/tournements.if enough of you get involved they dont have to be a one off thing.

Rules:

no armour, no weapons,no magic,no healing (disqualified if heal) just a straight out punch up between 2 characters winner goes to nxt round (then its all about the best character not whos bought/got/stolen the best items)

You could even do inter guild tag matches one player dies nxt guildmember enters .winner last guild standing.

Theres plenty of opportunitys and possible ideas for people to have fun pking without a loss of items.

I think this is a great idea. If you are boxing with no equipment, then you don't need a rosto and don't have to worry about loosing expensive items. I think this would be a lot of fun and I would participate, even though I am still a n00b. :closedeyes:

Morath Veroll

Rules:

I think this is a great idea. If you are boxing with no equipment, then you don't need a rosto and don't have to worry about loosing expensive items. I think this would be a lot of fun and I would participate, even though I am still a n00b. :closedeyes:

Morath Veroll

Do you guys have any idea of how much hit points you can get hit with in just barehands?... The fights would be over in 3 sec.... those high a/d lvl guys that has up to 100 coord would just kill everyone else in seconds... a tournament like this has to include some kind of items... look at my idea above, its quite similiar I now see.

you got to rmeber thats its a game and yeah if your friend is in a enemy guild should you pk them ,i used to think no but now with the way pk is i think you shoud have a understanding with your friends yeah ill pk you if youyr in enemy guild but maybe return some of your stoof if you ask nicley i attacked a few old mates the other day old style fighting serps ect lol they was shocked but we had a good time and lets face it thats what its all about :closedeyes:

How about player drops?I am not talking about items that a player has in his inventory.

Someone dies and there is a chance lets say 1/100 to drop 1000 gc.Or 1/500 to drop NMT and 1/1000 to drop cutlass of the mage...

Its not perfect but this is a motive to pk.A really good one i would say..

Rules:

I think this is a great idea. If you are boxing with no equipment, then you don't need a rosto and don't have to worry about loosing expensive items. I think this would be a lot of fun and I would participate, even though I am still a n00b. :blush:

Morath Veroll

Do you guys have any idea of how much hit points you can get hit with in just barehands?... The fights would be over in 3 sec.... those high a/d lvl guys that has up to 100 coord would just kill everyone else in seconds... a tournament like this has to include some kind of items... look at my idea above, its quite similiar I now see.

Instead of including some kinds of items, how about having different weight classes.

For Example:

Light Weight = Level 0-20

Walter Weight = Level 21-40

Light-Heavy Weight - Level 41-60

Heavy Weight = Level 61 and above.

Just my 2 cents

Morath Veroll

You know what?

I am going to make a special day where the Rostos don't work. I bet that no one will go in PK maps that day.

ooh, so the day of oldschool PKing is coming? :blush:

You know what?

I am going to make a special day where the Rostos don't work. I bet that no one will go in PK maps that day.

maybe ur right ent, maybe ur not, if ppl know rosto doesnt work they wont take rostos with them, BUT MAYBE people go to arena without rostos and normal gear like tit chains, so they can get drops, good idea, gogogo!!! :blush:

I totally agree, people will go in because they know they would get drops. Even if it is only some chains, he, ae, srs... Now people go in pk and know they won't get drops anyway, so that's the main reason they don't go in pk imo.

Ok people i read what you wrote, and that "little" stupid, you really don't know what you want, most of you said you go to pk for drops..yeah right...

You know what?

...But Radu done day when pk is full of people already...no drop day... For me most of people doesn't want to get some stuff, they just doesn't lose they own. This is just like i think.

except that it's really the same problem. you want to have some gain, without losing stuff... but if you go in with only leather kit (not gonna lose much) then you won't last long against those who have the expensive stuff.

so why bother?

a day of no rostos means people are a lot more likely to wear cheaper stuff, since it's not so big a loss if it's broken or lost, and since others are in the same situation, more likely for there to be fighting in PK maps

Instead of including some kinds of items, how about having different weight classes.

For Example:

Light Weight = Level 0-20

Walter Weight = Level 21-40

Light-Heavy Weight - Level 41-60

Heavy Weight = Level 61 and above.

Problem here is the p/c. These levels mean nothing when p/c is out of control like it is. (And unlimited out-of-ccontrol p/c and not-so-negative neg perks is why I think pking is dead :blush: )

except that it's really the same problem. you want to have some gain, without losing stuff... but if you go in with only leather kit (not gonna lose much) then you won't last long against those who have the expensive stuff.

so why bother?

a day of no rostos means people are a lot more likely to wear cheaper stuff, since it's not so big a loss if it's broken or lost, and since others are in the same situation, more likely for there to be fighting in PK maps

simpler: Every1 Lose everything or Every1 lose nothing.

Edited by brein

maybe it's enough when the rosto's are tweaked a bit. Like that they only protect the armor, so potions, essences,coins, maybe even swords are lost when killed. That way you limited the risk for players but still there is a some gain in pk-ing.

just an idea

maybe it's enough when the rosto's are tweaked a bit. Like that they only protect the armor, so potions, essences,coins, maybe even swords are lost when killed. That way you limited the risk for players but still there is a some gain in pk-ing.

just an idea

yea this idea is great .... and suggested already .... anouther version of rosto that protect equiped armor/weapon only which is cheaper offcourse .... and i bet that if a pol was made , it will take more than 80% ...... but i dont think ent will do it :blush:

edit : btw by saying "anouther version" i mean that keeping rosto and its effect for those who like it ... and make anouther item.

Edited by fullmetal_aj

The rostogol stones are very good as they are, all the PKers love them as they are.

just an idea

I don't think rostogol stones will be changing anytime soon. It is pointless for people to keep suggesting this.

Why? I know some ebul pkers who wears stuff for like 1m gc and go to pk maps w/o rostos...but there are not so many brave (or stupid?) people :P

Training without Rosto is different to PK'ing without Rosto. You just need to know how to get back to where you died fast, thats all. :P