Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Summoning "Specialty"

So I was thinking, "Hey, if I was really summoning the same thing over and over and over again, wouldn't I eventually get better at that one thing in particular?"

Why not have it so when you manually summon a certain creature (meaning, no stones), you can become more adept at that certain type of summon.

This could have effects such as slow hp loss, increased defense/attack on the summon, or less mana to summon.

Of course this would be a relatively small effect and would only be significant after a large number of summons of the creature (200ish), and it would have some kind of upper limit or perhaps the increases are on a curve (more at first, but becomes increasingly difficult later on)

This wouldn't be an exp type of stat, it could perhaps show up as a sub-section of the stats menu, or show up when you click and highlight a certain creature in the summon counter

This could be applied to other things like manufacturing, alchemy, potionmaking, and so on

I like the idea, but it should also apply to other skills.

I'd be a great master of leather helm manuing ;) (and there would be lots of us!)

Of course this would be a relatively small effect and would only be significant after a large number of summons of the creature (200ish), and it would have some kind of upper limit or perhaps the increases are on a curve (more at first, but becomes increasingly difficult later on)

that's a tiny amount of summons, trust me.. i'm level 44 summon and i got most of my non sword summons all the way above 200 ;)

so, it could be easily abused, which is not pretty good..

summons, as it is now, are doubled normal att and halved the def?

like normal rabbit a/d of 3/3 would have 6/2 (or 6/1 if rounded down!)

if the rabbits can increase from this 6/2 (I go for this one) till possible double after many many summons would make them have a max of 12/4 a/d. This isnt a really major change, is it? Especially if it 'starts' increasing áfter 200 rabbits. It might take you 1000 or more to reach the maximum. So I think this #200 isnt bad at all!

And to prevent very powerfull summoners (with doubled giants a/d) well ... they would need to summon 1000 Giants to reach it as well ... so ... that at itself would cause a problem :icon13: and probably nobody would be able to reach such levels.

It would work for animals etc. ... Think of powerfull summoned boars killing wolves in VotD :D etc.

I like the idea! (a lot!)

Im not a summoner( yet :icon13: ) but i see great potential in this idea.

Ihave fought many summoned creatures, they realy have a lot more attack( even maybe doubled) lvl than the "normal ones".

Just to show u how many that is, i will tell u that forest chim from kf gives me 100+def exp and summoned tiger 120+.

Summoned giants r unstopable army( unless some smart ppl use smite summoned on them :D ). To prove my poin just check threads about killing the red dragons, ppl can easy pwn it using few( 10?) giant stones.

After that check Szatan's video to see how long does it take and how dangerous it is for a top lvl fighter.

My suggeastion is:

Make def lvl of summonable creatures depended from summoner's skill lvl ( or summon skill divided by two if its too much :)

In this case summons will be stronger, but not in destructive power, they would just last longer on the battlefield.

eMPi

I think it is a good idea, and even better if done like masterpiter says (defense based on summoning skill)

I just said 200 as a kind of idea for # :P

Probably be best to have a proportionate amount based on difficulty of the summon and the summon's power

There is a plan for the future to have the summoned animals "grow" with your skill level..like if you summon a bear at a low lvl it's stats are lower than if you summon it at a higher lvl.

There is a plan for the future to have the summoned animals "grow" with your skill level..like if you summon a bear at a low lvl it's stats are lower than if you summon it at a higher lvl.

Good idea Roja.

As a growing summoner, I appreciate knowing that summoned animals have lower defense. I was perplexed the other night watching my newly minted fox being easily obliterated by a green snake. The snake laughed at my fox like nothing happened. It took three more foxes to do the job I thought one would be able to do comfortably.

It would be nice to see their stats improving with the summoner's level, but I don't agree with it mirroring the summoner's defense. I know many people who do very little combat so it would defeat the purpose for them (I could now picture a summoned bear being nailed by a boar).

I have some plans about making summoning a little more useful, need to find some formulas and some time.

It will most likely have to do with the nexus, the higher, the better the summons.

If a summons stats steadily improved as u summon you could turn a regular rabbit into a dealdy force imo
...and thus the first Fluffy came into existence.

Depends on how it was scaled; but I would imagine that if you summon a rabbit and a bear, the bear would always be more powerful regardless of your level/nexus.

If its a case of catching people unaware with a vorpal bunny, then (a) tough, people should pay more attention to the game, and/or (B) the creatures size could be scaled along with its power, to give a visual clue.

Edited by trollson

If a summons stats steadily improved as u summon you could turn a regular rabbit into a dealdy force imo
That would be really cool. Wouldn't it still have low health?