Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
agis29

PK

Some of the most important things in pk is a/d p/c.I noticed that many high level players don't pk anymore and some others quit.So i believe we should give an extra motive to pk.

My suggestion is to add an extra skill.Lets call it pk level or pvp level.

The general idea is that each time you kill someone in pk areas you get pk experience.

Examples: pk experience when you kill someone with a/d 40=4000 pk experience

a/d 50=5000, a/d 60=6000 etc.This way not only a/d/p/c will be important but also your pk level.So someone with a/d 90 and high pk level will be stronger than someone with a/d 95 that doesn't pk at all.Pk level should not affect the experience you get while training on monsters.pk level should make u stronger while you pk only.

1 pk level can be equal like 1 a/d or 1 p/c or +1 evasion +1 accuracy or whatever.And yes there should be ranking for pk level too.An additional thing can be to add an attribute that is not implemented yet like charming or dexterity or whatever.What is that mean?Lets see another example:pk experience when you kill someone that has a/d 90=9000.If your charming is 2 that means 9000X1,5. a/d level 90 with charming 4=9000X2,

a/d 90 with charming 6=9000X2,5.

Possible problems that may occur: Troublemakers may try to kill their alt chars to get more pk exp or to do the same thing using their friends.Solution:1)Ban them,2)Each time you die in pk u should lose pk experience.The weaker is the one that kills you the more pk experience you lose.

Generally i think that this idea will be good for the economy of the game and it will give an extra motive to people with a/d more than 90 that are bored to train and they are full of physique and vitality :P:happy:

Guest BizieR

I'm a little experienced fighter and not HL but i will give my opinion. I'm not sure about the pk skill as we dont want it to have a too big of impact on pk'ing, i think it will be like p/c and draw more importance out of a/d and training, tho the extra pk'ing xp is a good idea imo as it will be a scource of faster leveling of a/d = more motivation = more fighters = more active pk'ing.

Also the god's 20% increase in a/d xp will be a big impact on this, no? :happy:

edit = typos

Edited by BizieR

yea, but there also would come a big space between low-lvls and high-lvls since they can easily pwn most of the low's.

so, its a nice idea, but i think pk/pvp would fell into 2 pieces.

You could perhaps treat it like a "rep" system, kill someone and you add their a+d lvl worth in exp to the pk skill.

The skill wouldn't do anything, but it WOULD act as a form of bragging rights among pkers as to who has earned the most from pking, especially since it'll be more gratifying to add 150 points to your pk "rep" than 30 from killing a newbie.

Wow, how come when i sudgested this exact same thing a month or 2 ago, it was imediatly deleted and i was told to do searches with a message saying:

"Holy Search batman!"

Nobody can scam it.if u say let me kill u to get experience then the one that dies is losing experience.On the other hand if someone will try to scam using an alt character either he ll be banned or he will get a crapy experience cause alt chars are low skill.Also a rule can be added so that nobody will get experience if he kill the same person more than 3 times.Something similar with pvpwhere the first 15 hits/blocks count.

For newbies its good because 1)they can prepare themselves for pk while training in dp arena.2)its easy for them to add pps to charm or whatever.

For advance players it is also good because 1)if they kill somebody the way things are now, they wont win anything.But if they get pk experience and see themselves in rankings this will force them to pk more often.Also they wont attack to newbies because they will get a crappy experience.

Its also fair because we all start from zero.Azracan falcon for example has the higher attack in the game and mufossa the higher defence.Will those 2 be the best in pk?This is a motive enough to make many people start pking again.

I believe that this can force people to pk without affecting the economy of the game.

Of course several details can be discussed.

Edited by agis29

Soooo....

Number one PK guy kills number 2. Number 1 gets stronger, number 2 gets weaker. How can number 2 EVER hope to catch up, if his next higher person will pwn him each time he tries.

Each time you get PK'd, you get weaker, so unless you can expect to go into a PK map and win fights, you best stay well out, or you will NEVER win any. If somehow the experience lost comes back, then it is open to abuse from friends etc. Ultimately, the pot of PK experience will all be wih one person, apart from new players, who will be hounded and tricked into PK areas for low ranking PK'ers to mug them for points.

The simple fact is that EL mirrors real life. Violence to others is profitable only for the top dogs. Other hangers on may like to pretend they can mix it up rough, but mostly they will fail. The reason that most people do not PK is NOT because they get no special points for it, it is because it costs too much, and simply, there are other more interesting things to do than take a trip to the underworld and give half your stuff to the guy who sent you.

For bragging rights, why not just fight each other and see who wins? This seems to be a lot of work for litle / no benefit for most players.

Just my 2c

just make a "frags" list of players...if you kill someone you get (their a+d - your a/d frags (minimum 0)) frags, if you die you loose (your a+d - their a+d (minimum 0)) frags. This way, you only loose frags if you die to someone lower than you, and only gain frags if you kill someone stronger than you.

But the frags list means nothing, just a top page on other life or something.

just make a "frags" list of players...if you kill someone you get (their a+d - your a/d frags (minimum 0)) frags, if you die you loose (your a+d - their a+d (minimum 0)) frags. This way, you only loose frags if you die to someone lower than you, and only gain frags if you kill someone stronger than you.

So mufossa wont get any frags, same me, also not low a/d but couz of p/c i have problems to kill some fluffy trainers that r sometimes 30+ levels below me;p.

Higher a/d doesnt mean stronger, i thought u knew it already :o

eMPi

An additional thing can be to add an attribute that is not implemented yet like charming or dexterity or whatever.

Look at your character's stats...

Dexterity already exists, it directly affects your chances of hitting an opponent.

Charm already exists but is not used yet.

Whatever doesn't exist though. Man, you got teh pr0 1d34!!111!!!111 (sorry, I didn't want to be sarcastic :P)

Edited by Jarld

I will refer back to Brom's "Outlaws" thread for the best approach so far to this topic.

On the general subject:

To prevent abuse ("you kill me, then I'll kill you, ok?") the system must be a zero-sum game; points transfer from the loser to victor, and are not generated by PvP.

Actually, to limit points accumulating in the whole population, more should be lost by the loser, than gained by the victor; a negative-sum game.

Initially these points have to come from somewhere, but that can be a different source requiring effort and expense. While these created points would still give a bonus, the diminishing returns (see below) means that at some point it is easier to take points in PvP than to create them.

Snowballing effects must be prevented; where one character starts to win and accumulate bonuses, and so wins more often. Bonus must represent diminishing returns as points accumulate (cf. levels gained for total experience -- reusing the experience tables makes sense).

Edited by trollson

An additional thing can be to add an attribute that is not implemented yet like charming or dexterity or whatever.

Look at your character's stats...

Dexterity already exists, it directly affects your chances of hitting an opponent.

Charm already exists but is not used yet.

Whatever doesn't exist though. Man, you got teh pr0 1d34!!111!!!111 (sorry, I didn't want to be sarcastic :evilgrin:)

I said charm,dexterity or whatever.that means i dont really care about the name of the attribute.I know what dexterity is.And the last thing i want is to start a flamewar with anybody.My english are not perfect btw..

So mufossa wont get any frags, same me, also not low a/d but couz of p/c i have problems to kill some fluffy trainers that r sometimes 30+ levels below me;p.

Higher a/d doesnt mean stronger, i thought u knew it already :icon13:

eMPi

there are ideas on a 'combat level', would be a bit more accurate (though can't really count equipment...)

I suppose this would be good, by giving more incentive to pk!!

Although I think it would be more benefitial if you could still gain 'points' if you beat people with lower combat level, but it would be get considerabley less for weaker people. (think exponential)