Eternal Lands Official Forums
JohnTheWarder

Saddam Hussein executed in Iraq

So.. god huh? And what if one doesn't believe in god? ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele...r/06/bush.shtml

More questions?

I ment everyone started mentioning god and its me that doesn't believe in god, you must've misunderstood me.

-Blee

You may not believe in God, but Dubya does. 'nuff said.

i live near iraq .... in country name Jordan ....

saddam made a lot of bad things in his country ..... i guess maybe death penalty or life time prison was expected ..... but the only thing that i am really Sad about is the timing ..

muslims have two celebreation occasion only ...... like christian have christmas or estrin holiday .. donno .... the execution was on the 1st day of one of the celebreation for muslims ... ppl was suppose to be happy and give presents to each other (and mainly its about giving food to poor ppl) ... but instead saddam was exuted ... what a stupid timing .... even if he deserve that ... not in this day .. if they did it a day b4 thats not as is it in this day ..... "its like excuting hitlar in christmas ;) "

but about the topic ... i know some friends from iraq that live in my country .... most of them say that he was a bad man ... for me i dont like politics and whatever ... but i had to say that i hope that new Gov. in iraq make iraq a rich country ... coz it already have oil but wasnt used in a proper way ... so only good hope to these ppl who alwayz been in wars that they dont want ...

FMA

muslims have two celebreation occasion only ...... like christian have christmas or estrin holiday .. donno .... the execution was on the 1st day of one of the celebreation for muslims ... ppl was suppose to be happy and give presents to each other (and mainly its about giving food to poor ppl) ... but instead saddam was exuted ... what a stupid timing .... even if he deserve that ... not in this day .. if they did it a day b4 thats not as is it in this day ..... "its like excuting hitlar in christmas ;) "

In my opinion, they wanted to kill him as soon as possible. They didn't do it on the previous day, because he was still in American hands. On the other hand, if they had postponed the execution, the world would have had more time to openly protest and there would have been a slight chance for Saddam to get away with his life (but not his freedom, naturally).

And for your information - Nicolae Ceaucescu was executed on the Christmas Eve. ;)

yeah i heard that iraqie Gov take him 1 day b4 he was excuted .... they cant protect him very well so they excute him ASAP .... but that should have been organized between the U.S forece & the iraqie Gov ...

btw who is Nicolae Ceaucescu :laugh: ... nvm i will check the wikipedia :)

yeah i heard that iraqie Gov take him 1 day b4 he was excuted .... they cant protect him very well so they excute him ASAP .... but that should have been organized between the U.S forece & the iraqie Gov ...

btw who is Nicolae Ceaucescu :laugh: ... nvm i will check the wikipedia :)

Ignorance is very often the outcome of arrogance. Shame:S

Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been executed by hanging at an unspecified location in Baghdad for crimes against humanity. Iraqi TV said the execution took place just before 0600 local time (0300GMT).

The news was confirmed to the BBC by the Iraqi Deputy Foreign Minister, Labeed Abawi.

Saddam Hussein's half-brother Barzan al-Tikriti and former Iraqi chief judge Awad Hamed al-Bandar, are also reported to have been executed.

All three were sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on 5 November after a year-long trial over the 1982 killings of 148 Shias in the town of Dujail.

"Criminal Saddam was hanged to death," state-run Iraqiya television announced, as patriotic music and images of national monuments were broadcast.

Saddam Hussein was hanged first, followed by Barzan and then Bandar, it announced.

A scrolling headline read: "Saddam's execution marks the end of a dark period of Iraq's history."

Mariam al-Rayes, an ally of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, told the TV station that the execution "was filmed and God willing it will be shown. There was one camera present, and a doctor was also present".

Other Arab TV stations aired live footage of the sunrise over Baghdad's Firdous Square, where US Marines pulled down a statue of Saddam Hussein, after he was deposed in April 2003.

:)

Hanging him was not the right choice. They shoulda made it worse for him. Thats what I say.

-Blee

:laugh:

we have already determined that they dont have a stable government yet, still trying to establish it, therefor the law here that causes separation of church and state means nothing to them, and also that meant nothing to god. just b/c the decision is suposed to keep religion out of it, doesnt mean that god then accepts the killing of one another.

Separation of church and state doesn't have to mean anything to them at all, you know countries around the world are DIFFERENT and no one should try to CHANGE that and bring their laws and their ways of life. Every country should mind it's own buisiness and let others do and live their ways. And then you get PEACE.

Edited by wexy

btw who is Nicolae Ceaucescu :hiya: ... nvm i will check the wikipedia :laugh:

Ignorance is very often the outcome of arrogance. Shame:S

:) donno what to say ..... so i am arrogance coz i dont know " Nicolae Ceauşescu " a presedent in the 70s for romania ...... yes i addmit it ... and i dont even know who is the presedent of romania now :P although i study in a univercity 4th year ..... but in the other hand .... who was the presedent of my country in the 70s anshar ? ..... u dont know ... coz u dont live there , or dont know any that live there .... so please dont act smart ..... coz most of ppl that try to act smart r stupid k

FMA

:) donno what to say ..... so i am arrogance coz i dont know " Nicolae Ceauşescu " a presedent in the 70s for romania ...... yes i addmit it ... and i dont even know who is the presedent of romania now :laugh: although i study in a univercity 4th year ..... but in the other hand .... who was the presedent of my country in the 70s anshar ? ..... u dont know ... coz u dont live there , or dont know any that live there .... so please dont act smart ..... coz most of ppl that try to act smart r stupid k

There are two things that need to be explained. "President" is the head of a democratic state. Ceaucescu was in power from 1965 to 1989 - no democratic president is in power for that long, even if he calls himself "president". In Ceaucescu's case, the word "dictator" is much more accurate. That's also the case with Alexander Lukashenka of Belarus, who also wishes to be a president, but fails miserably.

The second thing is: I personally don't really blame you for not knowing who Ceaucescu was. Most Europeans don't even know it themselves without resorting to wiki/google.

P.S. Could someone explain me why this topic isn't in the "curent events" section?

Edited by Mireille

There are some names that everybody should know. People like Lenin, Stalin, Hittler, Franko, Mussolini, Ceaucescu, Pinochet, etc. etc. should be known to everybody.

I don't expect anybody to know all Polish Kings (I don't expect all Poles know it). Some general history knowledge, is however, important. Not only ones' own country.

@ PS. No clue

Edited by Anshar

when he was in control of iraq there where less deads then now @_@

why not hang bush togeter with him ?

shame he didnt made it to next year tho @_@

Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been executed by hanging at an unspecified location in Baghdad for crimes against humanity. Iraqi TV said the execution took place just before 0600 local time (0300GMT).

The news was confirmed to the BBC by the Iraqi Deputy Foreign Minister, Labeed Abawi.

Saddam Hussein's half-brother Barzan al-Tikriti and former Iraqi chief judge Awad Hamed al-Bandar, are also reported to have been executed.

All three were sentenced to death by an Iraqi court on 5 November after a year-long trial over the 1982 killings of 148 Shias in the town of Dujail.

"Criminal Saddam was hanged to death," state-run Iraqiya television announced, as patriotic music and images of national monuments were broadcast.

Saddam Hussein was hanged first, followed by Barzan and then Bandar, it announced.

A scrolling headline read: "Saddam's execution marks the end of a dark period of Iraq's history."

Mariam al-Rayes, an ally of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, told the TV station that the execution "was filmed and God willing it will be shown. There was one camera present, and a doctor was also present".

Other Arab TV stations aired live footage of the sunrise over Baghdad's Firdous Square, where US Marines pulled down a statue of Saddam Hussein, after he was deposed in April 2003.

:doze:

Hanging him was not the right choice. They shoulda made it worse for him. Thats what I say.

-Blee

:P

we have already determined that they dont have a stable government yet, still trying to establish it, therefor the law here that causes separation of church and state means nothing to them, and also that meant nothing to god. just b/c the decision is suposed to keep religion out of it, doesnt mean that god then accepts the killing of one another.

Separation of church and state doesn't have to mean anything to them at all, you know countries around the world are DIFFERENT and no one should try to CHANGE that and bring their laws and their ways of life. Every country should mind it's own buisiness and let others do and live their ways. And then you get PEACE.

Its hard to mind your own business when you get attacked. I'm sure Iraq would have gotten peace eventually...as soon as the US was nuked.

Its hard to mind your own business when you get attacked. I'm sure Iraq would have gotten peace eventually...as soon as the US was nuked.

Hmm.... Saddam didn't attack the US.

I was talking more along the lines of the threat.

I agree with Happy_G only God should decide when someone is to meet him

According to separation of church and state, god has to sit this one out.

Read my first post again. I said you have to realize what these people believe in. serparation of church and state is what America and some other countrys believe in, THEY dont. Study islam someday. In their religion killing certian types of people is not a bad thing. They killed people who they conquered, if they wouldnt take the Islamic profession of faith. Their country is not the same as the US or some of the other countrys around the world. Your still thinking in a American way. So your not seeing the big picture, or your not understanding the kinds of people they are. Now to BleedingSoal, you have the right to believe anything you want. I do believe in God. But you must understand that saddam believed and most of that country does. You have the right to believe anything you want, just like every other person on earth. So if someone says "No one has the right to arrange a meeting between someone and God." take it as " No one has the right to take anothers life away from them."

I may not make since to some of you or all of you, but I believe in what I say.

If you would like to prove me wrong, I would love to hear it. No one is perfect, I may be wrong and if you think so talk to me about it.

Edited by Gandalf2

P.S. Could someone explain me why this topic isn't in the "curent events" section?

"Events" section is for game related events like contests, not for real life events.

Piper

[

:doze: donno what to say ..... so i am arrogance coz i dont know " Nicolae Ceauşescu " a presedent in the 70s for romania ...... yes i addmit it ...

No, you arent. I wont guess that Anshar would blame you for being ignorant just because you dont know Cheaucescu. I guess, he meant, that executing Saddam on an important day for muslims is ignorant.

My guess is, that Mireille just wanted to tell you that even an european dictator was executed on a day which is important for christs. Well,we have one left, lets see, how he ends.

Piper

Edit: typos >.<

Edited by The_Piper

"Events" section is for game related events like contests, not for real life events.

Piper

No piper CURRENT events section, not EVENTS section. :doze:

the whole thing stinks, it was never about peace, im just truly sorry for all the innocent people that have died , may the gods one day forgive us all for sitting back and letting the leaders of our so called free world get away with this :)

Edited by Ateh

I agree with Happy_G only God should decide when someone is to meet him

According to separation of church and state, god has to sit this one out.

Read my first post again. I said you have to realize what these people believe in. serparation of church and state is what America and some other countrys believe in, THEY dont. Study islam someday. In their religion killing certian types of people is not a bad thing. They killed people who they conquered, if they wouldnt take the Islamic profession of faith. Their country is not the same as the US or some of the other countrys around the world. Your still thinking in a American way. So your not seeing the big picture, or your not understanding the kinds of people they are. Now to BleedingSoal, you have the right to believe anything you want. I do believe in God. But you must understand that saddam believed and most of that country does. You have the right to believe anything you want, just like every other person on earth. So if someone says "No one has the right to arrange a meeting between someone and God." take it as " No one has the right to take anothers life away from them."

I may not make since to some of you or all of you, but I believe in what I say.

If you would like to prove me wrong, I would love to hear it. No one is perfect, I may be wrong and if you think so talk to me about it.

This is absolutely amazing way of flattening the topic. Some generalizations, some stereotypes and da-dam! ready!

I was talking more along the lines of the threat.

How did they threat?

US threatens all around the world, should the world retribute?

It seems like most of you don't understand is that since everyone just has to stick there opinion into matters that they don't understand that this has become a situation that involves everybody. This has become Christians vs. Islam vs. Jews vs. Blacks vs. Whites vs. Immigrants vs. Arabs vs. fascists vs. liberals vs. conservatives vs. government. All you saying that he shouldn't have be hanged are wrong. If I came to your house and murdered your family, burned your house, stole your money, and spat on the very essence that you have come to know and love you are saying that I should live in a 6x9 cell at a taxpayers expense for the rest of my life? Saddam NEEDS to be dead, for Iraq and for the world he needs to be dead for us to move on, and for the world move on. Honestly what goes on the middle east couldn't have bothered me at all, but since the world wanted to, it became personal to me. So Saddam is executed thats one less scumbag to plague the face of the earth.