Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnJordan

One of my guild members from =EP=, AKA mrjohnny was scammed O>O.

Guest CapnJordan

Well, it all happened when i was training :icon13: and all of a sudden Mrjohnny tells me he is going too buy a character, i thought it wouldnt be bad because i knew the person who was selling it too him. Well pretty much they scammed him 15kgc~ or around there of armour. Then jimmyjackson "my supposingly friend" says he didnt do any part of it he said he wanted out after he knew it was my guild members. Obviously a lie for his scamming partner told me it was different. Here are some pics. Oh, yeah and it was my members fault for trustuing them :S but still very wierd scam, i mighta fallen for it O>O. Anyway i just want too say dont trust jimmyjackson/kerplunk they are well sad too say but they are scammers.

testification1.jpg

testification2.jpg

hmmm, yeah sry for ur loose mrjohnny, but this is the 2nd char selling scam in 1 day, think its time for there to be a rule against char selling?

Can't see a need for rule against character selling. Buyer be ware. There are lots of things you can do in this game that involve a certain amount of trust in others - PVPing, bag trading, and buying characters (to name just a few). Or you can avoid the risks inherrent with these activities and just not participate in those actions. Everyone choses their own level of risk. Sometimes the greater the risk the greater the benefits.

People complain that they enter a PK area to PVP and instead get PK'd - it's a known risk. People complain that they try to buy a character and instead get scammed - it's a known risk. While it's nice to have an outlaws section where "bad" players can be exposed, it's not against the rules, just part of "life" in the game.

Be a RESPONSIBLE player - think about the possible consequences before acting and then accept the results of your choices. It may not be the outcome you hoped for, but that was a consequence you should have considered in making your choice.

well said Darwin

Another player selling scam

I know it might be a hard concept for some people but how about doing what the majority of others players do and thats work hard to build your own character up instead of ppl wanting a quick fix to power .

Cant understand it myself :) . personally i have been playing for a while and my character is what your may call mid level but it was all done through hard work . I dont play this game to be the most Uber powerful character . I play for the simple reason its fun and a pastime and the community is mostly full of nice genuine ppl .

Maybe if people tried harder to achieve something with the character they make then there would be ess of this scamming but i suppose we live in a society where ppl want to be the best

ok does anybody get understand that pkg is scamming together?

I mean there have been 3 scams of the same type by pkg members in the last week.

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL TRUST THEM?

gah, bad scam didnt get muhc out of it
rotfl!

I really feel sorry for you! :):)

Moral of the story...char buying is dangerous to your wealth, and bad for your rep.

Edited by EaglePrince

think its time for there to be a rule against char selling?

There are rules against character selling already, but we cannot control all aspects of it.

So the advice we give is this:

1. Be aware of the scamming possibilities

2. Do not ever complain or send abuse reports with issues connected to character selling/buying

3. A sold character is, for practical reasons, considered a shared character, ie you have no particular right to that character.

think its time for there to be a rule against char selling?

There are rules against character selling already, but we cannot control all aspects of it.

So the advice we give is this:

1. Be aware of the scamming possibilities

2. Do not ever complain or send abuse reports with issues connected to character selling/buying

3. A sold character is, for practical reasons, considered a shared character, ie you have no particular right to that character.

I don't understand point 3...

Do you mean the seller can claim it back? :)

Edit:

I am assuming, of course, that the buyer has enough sense to change the password after the purchase is completed!

Edited by EaglePrince

Guest CapnJordan

Well, iam happy too say jimmyjackson has learned his lesson and has returned a huge amount of money! as for keplunk i dont know, thank you jimmyjack :P.

Rule 3. is totaly Idiotic imo, lots of people who bought characters can stil buy from shops and ask help from mods etc

and it says they have no rights ? ?

Rule 3. is totaly Idiotic imo, lots of people who bought characters can stil buy from shops and ask help from mods etc

and it says they have no rights ? ?

"No rights" per rules 4 and 10 in-game, whereby one loses all rights to that character once a password is shared, and EL is not responsible for anything to do with the transaction.

jimmy's already scammed me before while I was pvping with RIP, killed me and my other guildie while we were pvping seperately, and keeping RIP alive

I had lent my guildie my steel armor, he lost that and I lost everything I had on for armor, took me 2 weeks to get the money for new stuff

edit: you can ignore what I said there, misread my death counter *was killed later by jimmy at a pvp IIRC*

Edited by TheComet