Eternal Lands Official Forums
redsoxlovr10

Newbie summoning!

Wow, i actually did a search for this one and i found nothing, (probably cause its kind of an unusual idea).

Anyway, let me ask u this, whats the weakest creature in EL besides a rabbit, y a newbie of course!!!! so heres what i say, you should be able to summon a random race of any kind, female or male at newbie lv, (everything at 1). And you would be able to summon the newbie at any summoning lv, u would get 5 xp, and it would take 5 bones and 1 raw meat to summon, and the tag for it would be NEWBIE like a monsters tag would be.

Tell me watcha think and add onto it plz :)

Really would pull away from the game ALOT imo...

rabbits are already 100% successful to summon, and it's pretty simple to get it's required items

Perhaps it could be to summon a brownie or something weak like that, that could work although still, rabbits are extremely easy to summon.

Really would pull away from the game ALOT imo...

rabbits are already 100% successful to summon, and it's pretty simple to get it's required items

Perhaps it could be to summon a brownie or something weak like that, that could work although still, rabbits are extremely easy to summon.

Well i think of this idea as kind of a fun idea that would make the game more enjoyable, i mean i would enjoy having a NEWBIE following me around like a body gaurd around IP, wouldnt expect people to be summoning them to much for serious combat and pking and stuff, maybe for summoners to get xp without nessecarily killing rabbits seeing how everything drops bones and almost everything drops raw meat.

Doubt this would happen. The point of summoning is to temporarily bring back to life dead monsters, not 'create' newbies. Not to mention the confusion by the real newbies, that they are being "summoned" oO

Might work if instead of summoning a newbie u summoned a doppleganger of yourself (with half the stats of the caster ie: a/d and material points)but then you would need to put some kind of restrictions on it

example: human nexus : 3 items Req: 10 bones 10meat 2magic ess

magic nexus : 2

sum nexus : 4

Does not attack others players characters only monsters (including in PK) dont want some Uber warrior walking a round in PK with a mini me Uber warrior

Summoning newbies has not been suggested before, but that could stem from the fact that it sounds too stupid for most people to even be considered.

Summoning "newbies" would be utterly tasteless and quite pointless. If you would like to have fun with a newbie - create one and have fun :)

What I could think of in the line summoning playable races would be somethin like ancestral spirits, they could be weak or strong, and be friendly or hostile towards you (a certain randomness involved, perhaps based on your actions?).

Summon specials? :)

Dwarf: Harvests you ore.

Elf: Picks you flowers.

Human: Fight little animals.

Orchan: Fights some larger animals and weak monsters.

Gnome: Mixes you things, being smart as he is. :) HEs and SRs mixer at spawn? :huh:

Draegoni: Fights things with Cold damage.

Would be funny to summon an army of dwarves/elves and gain lots of money selling ores/flowers. :P

-Blee

After summoning newbies we should have spell of summoning stupid ideas... oh wait... they're there no matter if you summon them or not.

After summoning newbies we should have spell of summoning stupid ideas... oh wait... they're there no matter if you summon them or not.

lmao :icon13: honestly made me chuckle . sarcasm got to love it :icon13:

wow u could just say u dont like it... i thought moderators were supposed to be supportive instead of putting people down calling it stupid, i thought it would be a fun idea, seeing how the game is supposed to be fun... not everything has to have a significant purpuse.

Well i think of this idea as kind of a fun idea that would make the game more enjoyable, i mean i would enjoy having a NEWBIE following me around like a body gaurd around IP, wouldnt expect people to be summoning them to much for serious combat and pking and stuff, maybe for summoners to get xp without nessecarily killing rabbits seeing how everything drops bones and almost everything drops raw meat.

Summons die after a while they lose health, and besides how hard is it even to kill a rabbit im not a noob but still play for like an hour its not rocket science.

Edited by JohnTheWarder

i thought moderators were supposed to be supportive

What on earth made you think that? Moderator or player doesn't matter in that case. Tasteless and or stupid ideas should be recognized as such. Sometimes it is only fair to call a pig a pig, not to be insulting, but beacuse it is infact a pig.

i post ideas because i think they would be fun and helpful, if you honestly think i am simply a pig i will just stop posting period.

(Edit: you may think its tasteless, but everybody has their own opinions on stuff, i think it would be cool)

(2nd Edit: johnthewarder, i just read ur post and... how many times am i gona say this, I LACK SERIOUS COMMON SENCE!)

Edited by redsoxlovr10

i post ideas because i think they would be fun and helpful, if you honestly think i am simply a pig i will just stop posting period.

(Edit: you may think its tasteless, but everybody has their own opinions on stuff, i think it would be cool)

Did you honestly read what Derin said? you need to think twice before you post.(i still fail at that sometimes ;) )

how many times am i gona say this, I LACK SERIOUS COMMON SENCE!)

Don't post here then, please. Ever. Ideas posted without common sense are in 99.9999999999999% worthless.

i thought moderators were supposed to be supportive

What on earth made you think that? Moderator or player doesn't matter in that case. Tasteless and or stupid ideas should be recognized as such. Sometimes it is only fair to call a pig a pig, not to be insulting, but beacuse it is infact a pig.

I dont think for one minute Derin was calling you a pig personally Red.More of a case he was saying some ideas are not very good and if so then ppl might comment that them ideas are bad . All because a player or Mod says an idea is bad its not an attack on the person who posted the idea just on the idea itself.

I think we all suffer from the same pitfall of thinking are own ideas are the next best thing since sliced bread and when ppl dont see the GREAT idea we have had we are shocked but sometimes critisism is good (as long as its construtive).

If you get ideas Red keep posting them but be prepared for not every player/Mod liking it and they will say so,but its not a personal attack on you if they do :bow_arrow:

I couldnt have put it better Conavar, everybody thinks their ideas are great, but instead of calling it tasteless and stupid, say its not a good idea, i hate when people call me stupid.

well newbie thing is abit out there but i dont get why el is restricting summoning to creatures in the game i think you should be able to summon spirits of differnt levels but each spirit is unique and you need to read a book of summoning that unique spirit. If you've ever read the bartimus trilogy you might see where im coming from :bow_arrow: just an idea :pirate:

Edited by henderson

Saying the idea is stupid or tasteless doesn't equal to say it's author is stupid or tasteless. However posting any suggestions and being aware of NOT having common sense is risky. It's like PKing. You enter you have to meet consequences.

Edited by Anshar

How bout this then, if u dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all???

Now that would be a two-way street wouldn't it?

Your idea to summon newbies wasn't perhaps the most stupid idea I ever heard, but it sure is in the top ten. I rather be blunt to tell you what I think than say "oo nice" and I did provide what I think could work for summoning character types.

Edited by Derin

Could call them 'citizens' instead of 'newbies'. How about just a few wandering ones (non-summonable) with different Material Point levels for different skill levels. It might appease those who prefer to kill people over animals! They could drop random stuff from gc to tools depending on difficulty of slay. :devlish: