Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Client test, PRE RC

Dunno, if this is true but it seems that the fail rate has been hiked again. I do 50 fire essences at a time and always get 49-50 out of them but now im getting 46-48.

Dunno if im the only one thats noticed it or not.

Dunno, if this is true but it seems that the fail rate has been hiked again. I do 50 fire essences at a time and always get 49-50 out of them but now im getting 46-48.

Er. Arn't fire essences no-fail?

And they haven't updated the server since this was posted, so no, the fail rate did not change. Unless they found a way to make server changes without restarting it, which would be a Good Thing.

no, the rec level went up to one... what, a month or two ago? something like that (I did a test, lost 1/300, at 92 or so)

but I haven't noticed any change with the new client on this

I'm using the latest CVS on linux (Ubuntu 6.10) and it looks better somehow, almost clearer.

The mix window is fantastic :P

However I have lost CTRL-N for Notes, anybody else lose Notes ?

JasperCat

Scourge of Raccons

However I have lost CTRL-N for Notes, anybody else lose Notes ?
that's a setting that can be turned on or off when the client is compiled, so it not being there isn't really a bug, per se

as for my own experiences with this... I get a crash on sound shutdown (including client close), and it seems slower at times, or it looks like it stops rendering for a half dozen frames...

neither of these happened with the previous client, or the client I compiled a while back (but I can't at the moment,mine doesn't run for long before crashing)

ed: ahh yes, that's the other thing, I get the crash on #cls as well. same deal, I couldn't reproduce it with my own builds

Edited by ttlanhil

System specs:

AMD 3000+xp

1 Gig ram

Nvidia FX6600

Slackware 10.2

Running 1600x1200 resolution

Removed old versions and compiled new versions of OpenAL and alut to get CVS to compile cleanly without any errors.

I am seeing an across the board reduction of 5 to 10 FPS. A crowded area like PV sto will bring me to single digit FPS and near empty maps like Zirakinar or Aeth Aelfan I will see a 5-10 frame reduction. I turned off shadows and shadow mapping, which I was using on the old client.

I was running NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8756 drivers (old but stable) and just upgraded to NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9631 (latest release) to see if this would help. Driver upgrading produced no noticable change in performance.

I had one segfault while changing from full to windowed mode, but have not been able to reproduce it. I have had textbox corruption the same as someone else posted a picture of. Changing from full to windowed cleared it.

Have had no issues with the auto-mixing so far.

Edit:

I recompiled adding DNOTEPAD to make.conf and notepad is not working for me, assuming that's all I had to do to get it enabled.

Edit 2:

Notepad working (stupid typo)

Edited by larrystorch

And they haven't updated the server since this was posted, so no, the fail rate did not change. Unless they found a way to make server changes without restarting it, which would be a Good Thing.

Guess it was just me then i did like 5 sets of 50 and got the same results (46-48) and went back to the old client and did 5 sets and had only one set come up as less than 50 at 49, so i guess i just hit a bad streak there or something, kk ty for the help.

ok, had no (bigger) problems so far here, now tried the "new" client on this pc.

i get lots of el.exe errors (using win2k here): after i disabled the auto-dl feature, there still remain 2 errors in the log, Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

i hardly play on this pc and had no problems since the last client, but wanna play of course if i use it...

anyway, if u need more details of my hardware, no problem! nothing changed by myself, so it MUST be the client :devlish:, i hope...

Guess it was just me then i did like 5 sets of 50 and got the same results (46-48) and went back to the old client and did 5 sets and had only one set come up as less than 50 at 49, so i guess i just hit a bad streak there or something, kk ty for the help.

It appears as if client is causing it but the real reason is else where. Now with one click you can make 45 FE. that means they are processed much faster at server. Something at server is causing more failures if processed faster.